IGNORED

The Gift of Prophecy: Is It Still Given Today?

ForHisGlory37

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I think it is fear and man's doctrines. They have seen so many weirdos and are afraid of their shadows. It might have to do with control as well. Some places want you to write it down and give it to the pastor before making it public if he agrees. So much for spontaneity. If you want some great ideas, I suggest you get the Complete Works of Smith Wigglesworth and use some of those chapters as study points. They have so much power!

Wiggleseworth was a truly remarkable and humble man. I have applied some of his ideas with success.

Thanks Justin!  I shall look into that.  Wiggleseworth.....

I know that the last pastor at our other church, he loved the Word of God but he was I believe very prideful.  Even though he said to test what he said with Scripture, if you disagreed with him, he gave you a "talk" and if you still disagreed, he would tell you that you might be happier going to another church.  He actually passed away a little over a year ago from cancer.  He didn't even believe that prayer could help heal him! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

He didn't even believe that prayer could help heal him! 

That is so sad. And then there are those that pray up a storm - yet nobody is healed. Travesty.

I believe it is at the bedrock of who they really are that counts. I see that Yeshua is calling for purity now more than ever - I think He winked at us for so long, and we have become ineffective. Sloppy, laissez-faire. Our houses are replete with ungodly items; we buy things that might seem innocuous, yet could bring disrepute. I see that our society of believers constantly strains at gnats of scriptural word-play and endless arguments, but deny the power of Him who gave them the WORD.

We lack power because we lack commitment. And He cannot be mocked this way. Holy Spirit is a nurturing and very clean Person. Totally pure and whilst Yeshua will cover our sins in abundance, I see that He cannot/will not tolerate that which brings irreverence to Yahweh. Society has really polluted us by degrees I think. Almost like the boiled frog syndrome.

There is still much hope on the horizon though. We just have to wade thru the garbage to get at it. And then recognize it for what it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

That is so sad. And then there are those that pray up a storm - yet nobody is healed. Travesty.

I believe it is at the bedrock of who they really are that counts. I see that Yeshua is calling for purity now more than ever - I think He winked at us for so long, and we have become ineffective. Sloppy, laissez-faire. Our houses are replete with ungodly items; we buy things that might seem innocuous, yet could bring disrepute. I see that our society of believers constantly strains at gnats of scriptural word-play and endless arguments, but deny the power of Him who gave them the WORD.

We lack power because we lack commitment. And He cannot be mocked this way. Holy Spirit is a nurturing and very clean Person. Totally pure and whilst Yeshua will cover our sins in abundance, I see that He cannot/will not tolerate that which brings irreverence to Yahweh. Society has really polluted us by degrees I think. Almost like the boiled frog syndrome.

There is still much hope on the horizon though. We just have to wade thru the garbage to get at it. And then recognize it for what it is.

Yes, very sad.  Justin, there is a video on youtube  Introduction to the Courts of Heaven.  It talks about how we are to approach our "adversary" the devil in a courtroom setting.  God is the judge.  I listened to it and it made total sense why some prayers are not answered.  We are approaching it in not the right way. 

I believe that we in the church lack power because of men like my old pastor and their wimpy teachings. They don't actually believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.  That's why they are so easily  indoctrinated into believing and teaching of the pre-trib rapture, the get out of jail free card, because they don't understand, or believe that the Holy Spirit is going to empower the believers to walk through the fire and testing of our faith. 

They should be preaching and really really believing the Word of God.  Jesus said he overcame the world and through Him we can too.  Do they really believe, If God is for us, who can be against us?  Do they believe the words "By His stripes we are healed?"  I really don't think they believe and this why we have such a wishy-washy-wimpy, powerless, whiny, scared, and defeated churches today.  We need to recognize that the devil is the liar who really is trying to kill, steal, and destroy our faith in Jesus.  What better way to do this if he convinces the pastors we have no more gifts of prophecy, healing, raising the dead? 

No more!  In the last days, God will pour out His Spirit, He is pouring out right now.... and we will walk in power of the Holy Spirit and pointing to the King of Kings  coming very soon!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

and we will walk in power of the Holy Spirit and pointing to the King of Kings  coming very soon!

Yes. You will like Wigglesworth. He was a real man of the Lord Yeshua. A simple plummer. He raised more than one from the dead. One was his wife, Rose. But God told him He needed her, so he let her go and asked for twice the power!

5 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Yes. You will like Wigglesworth. He was a real man of the Lord Yeshua. A simple plummer. He raised more than one from the dead. One was his wife, Rose. But God told him He needed her, so he let her go and asked for twice the power!

Really!?  Wow,  that just gave me goosebumps!  twice the power?  That reminded me of Elisha, asking a double portion of the power that Elijah had!   Raising from the dead!  And to think Justin, we are going to be seeing that more and more since we are in the last days, and we get to be a part of that!  What a privilege! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Witnessing to others is mandatory work for the Pentecostal saint.

When Jesus declared "that these signs shall follow them that believe" he was also indicating that a true worshipper would have a testimony as to their conversion 

and to their walk in the Spirit. 

Thus we print a variety of simple pamphlets with photos and written testimonies of how people came to the Lord (heard the full gospel and believed) 

and of their water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues; and their subsequent healings and miracles. 

It is important that you do not 'trash' another person's religion but rather simply talk about your testimony and of healings, and of miracles. 

Get out your Bible and quote the pertinent scriptures on being born again and the true gospel of Acts 2:38-39 

John 3, John 4, John 15, 16, 17 - the true vine, the Comforter, the Spirit of truth, 

Mark 16:15-20 - these signs shall follow them that believe 

Acts 1 - to wait for the promise of the Father and to receive power from above 

Acts 2 - on the day of Pentecost they all spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance, 

Acts 10 - Cornelius' household and the gentiles 

Acts 19 - speaking in tongues is the Bible sign written of to give evidence of receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit 

Romans 6 and Romans 8 

and so on and so on .... heaps of scriptures regarding the Holy Spirit and his work and purpose within us the church 

God the Father calls people to himself through Jesus Christ. A person responding to the full gospel of salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit; 

we are just servants doing the work/bidding of our Lord and Master. 

It is good to pray for the Lord to use you and to bring you to a person that you can witness to. 

6  I have planted, Apollo watered: but God gave the increase.
7  Therefore, neither he that plants is any thing, nor he that waters: but God that gives the increase.
1Corinthians 3:

Edited by Waggles

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Your testimony is a powerful asset and a great witnessing tool - 

Here is just one example of a person's testimony on being born new again by water and the Spirit 

Catherine from Hobart Tasmania Australia 

http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/Testimonies - Main Collection/Lungs and breathing - asthma, bronchiectasis/Emphysema healed (Catherine).pdf 

Edited by Waggles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

We are to be very careful of those who claim to have a new message from God. Man's prophecy should not be considered equal to the written word of God.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 12/24/2017 at 3:49 AM, ForHisGlory37 said:

The Gift of Prophecy: Is It Still Given Today?

Yes.

"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy." - 1 Corinthians 14:1

On 12/26/2017 at 8:44 PM, missmuffet said:

We are to be very careful of those who claim to have a new message from God. Man's prophecy should not be considered equal to the written word of God.

Some people do not understand what it is very well, there are many types of prophecies. It does not mean they are adding a new Word to the Bible or something like that, prophecies will never contradict the Word of God; otherwise it is not from Him.

"But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men." - 1 Corinthians 14:3

And it is very useful, that is why the enemy attacks the strongest gifts, including love which is getting colder and colder.

"But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men." - 1 Corinthians 14:3

"He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church." - 1 Corinthians 14:4

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Yes.

"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy." - 1 Corinthians 14:1

Some people do not understand what it is very well, there are many types of prophecies. It does not mean they are adding a new Word to the Bible or something like that, prophecies will never contradict the Word of God; otherwise it is not from Him.

And it is very useful, that is why the enemy attacks the strongest gifts, including love which is getting colder and colder.

"He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church." - 1 Corinthians 14:4

My friend of many letters,   praise the LORD and know you are loved.   Keep on IN the LORD .    A mighty delusion is on the rise .

While we know True gifts are still real.   let us be on guard .   the all inclusive group will have many false prophets arise and shew wonders

that could seduce even the elect if it were possible.   Soon we will see indviduals that rise up and talk of peace and unity AND have false signs and wonders

but they do the work of SAYTAN.   to get the world deiceved into a one big mindset which in the final hour worships the beast as one .   

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1