• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Guys,

As we have already started discussing "LAWS of God" in the Thread located in the Outer Court (ISLAM: we are spirits), I offer you to join me in consideration of one of the MAIN doctrines of Christianity: LAWS of Jesus.

All who were in the thread mentioned above, please bring your posts here to this thread and we will consider them. They are just very useful and great.

Before we start our study, let's ask God to bless His words to us and teach us how to apply them. Amen.

During our study remember that Jesus is a Lawgiver. Who is a Lawgiver?

• Thumbs Up 1

Who is a Lawgiver? 

God is declared to be the "lawgiver," מְחוֹקֵק (mechoqeq). But why?  Because He has the power to rule and judge, to save and destroy. In Hebrew this word means also a military commander. In Judges 5:14 the word means "military commander".

But even Man is NOT denied the authority to judge!  Christians should JUDGE Christians within the Church of God and in local Churches, rebuking and condemning sins of each other calling to repentance and the HOLY/godly life. Christians will judge the fallen angels. We all are called to make daily judgements to stick to the truth and to reject heresies. But HOW to know what is the TRUTH and what is NOT? What is in the Holy Bible that is TRUE. That should be implemented. What is NOT in the Bible this is not True.

The Jewish word LAWGIVER implies more than mere legislative function and it also connotes the idea of ruling.
Isaiah 33:22
 For the Lord is our judge,
 the Lord is our lawgiver,
 the Lord is our king;
 it is he who will save us.

The meaning of the Jewish participle Lawgiver (mechoqeq) means:

(1) The symbol which expresses the lawmaker's authority, that is, the commander's staff and

(2) The person who possesses the authority (Deuteronomy 33:21).

Do Christians have authority to judge each other? Yes.
Do Christians have authority to be judges of the fallen angels? Yes.
Thanks to the God Jesus who made us kings and priests to teach each other, to build each other up, to train each other in righteousness and to teach other nations. Thousands we teach. May Lord make them STRONG believers who will bring GLORY to God by their lives and death. Amen.

JESUS is firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

The Son of God says to us:

And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end,

to him I will give power over the nations—

‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron (Like the SON of GOD);
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels.

Edited by mven222
  • This is Worthy 1

Brothers, read below one of my old messages to Muslims.

Let’s consider what is the Sabbath in Israel and why God commanded us to observe it. Listen to a Jewish man:

Hey everyone ,,I was very excited today and was making plans and getting prepared to enter into Shabbat, into the FATHERS rest and I thought about you all. Today the FATHER has laid you on my heart to tell me that soon many will calling and that I really should focus more on getting my heart right and preparing for troubled times so that I can (we) can be a light to the world when things go bad, and I am absolutely sure this is on the way, it is almost unreal how the pieces are being set, and no I am not talking about this thing this weekend, but the FATHER is preparing us.
As I was going down the road today I saw someone outside washing the windows and for some reason I kinda went into a daydream and saw a time where all people would be out preparing today and getting ready to shut it all down and rest with MESSIAH and HIS FATHER,ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY...this made my heart jump for excitement
I want you all to know that I love you and on this day of rest I will be thinking and praying and talking to the FATHER about you, and I am going to thank MESSIAH for HIS blessing and SPIRIT and ask HIM to teach me how to be more like HIM everyday. Oh brothers and sisters I love this day!!
I have been looking forward to this all week and soon as it is over I look forward to it again, I love MESSIAH and I love HIS FATHER and I LOVE YOU.
I just wanted to say that as the sun is almost setting and I am about to cook for my Shabbat meal, this is not a post of question or anything I just wanted to tell you I love you and praise our wonderful beautiful FATHER in HEAVEN and HIS SON!!! AMEN

My sister said to this Jewish man:

I find that Christ is my rest, not Shabbat.

Brothers, what is the Shabbat and why Jews do not work during this day in Israel?

The Sabbath (or Shabbat, as it is called in Hebrew) is one of the least understood of all Jewish observances. People who do not observe Shabbat think of it as a day filled with stifling restrictions. But it is a precious gift from God. A gift which is a COMMAND. During this day Jews can set aside all of their weekday concerns and devote themselves to higher pursuits.

But Shabbat is also the most important ritual observance in Judaism. Yes, it became a ritual because people do not know the meaning of this day. It is the only observance instituted by God in the Ten Commandments. The word "Shabbat" comes from the root Shin-Bet-Tav, meaning to cease, to end, or to rest.

We all are commanded to remember Shabbat; but remembering means much more than merely not forgetting to observe Shabbat. It also means to remember the significance of Shabbat, both as a commemoration of creation by God and as a commemoration of our freedom from slavery in Egypt.

Brothers, Shabbat is one of the ten Holy commands of God given to Moses. But do you Muslims observe this day? No. Does it mean that you violate God’s laws? YES. Islam violates what God commanded. Islam is a religion which does not worship the God of Israel. This religion was created by angels/jinns. Why? Because Islam always contradicts to God’s words said before. Islam violates one of the God’s commands which reads: YOU SHALL NOT KILL. Because in over 60% of the Qura’an the Islamic allah calls Muslims to kill people. God commands to observe the Shabbat and Muslims do not do it. But why should even Muslims observe this day we will know with you at the end of my message.

In Deuteronomy 5:15, while Moses reiterates the Ten Commandments, he notes the second thing that we must remember on Shabbat: "remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord, your God brought you forth from there with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to observe the Sabbath day."

Now a question for you to ponder: Should Egyptians observe the Shabbat? Do they worship the same God of Jews?

During this day their fathers died in the sea when they were killed by God!

They and their pharaoh wanted to return Israelites to Egypt to be slaves!

But God made Jews FREE.

Egyptians wanted to keep them as slaves.

God severely punished Egyptians by killing their children and animals.

Should be this God worshiped by Egyptians?

All Muslims claim to worship this God.

Ok, Muslims, then you SHOULD observe the Shabbat!

If you do not do it, you are disobedient to God. You are sinning and finally by violation His laws you act against Him and the result of your lives will be the HELL FIRE. Remember it!

But again:
What did Jews have to do with resting on the seventh day?

It's all about freedom.

In ancient times, leisure was confined to certain classes, slaves did not get days off.

Thus, by resting on the Shabbat, we are reminded that we are FREE. We are FREE because God Jesus made us FREE of our sins and slavery of sins to live in a free and renewed life. That’s why we are His children adopted by God!

Observe the Sabbath day to sanctify it. Deuteronomy 5:12

Why some of works were forbidden on Shabbat?

The Torah prohibits "melachah" (Mem-Lamed-Alef-Kaf-Hei), which is usually translated as "work," but does not mean precisely the same thing as the English word. Melachah generally refers to the kind of work that is creative, or that exercises control or dominion over your environment.

But all of Shabbat restrictions can be violated if necessary to save a life.

So, what is the purpose of the Shabbat?

God said that we should be FREE of everything what separate us from Him. This day was a day of remembrance that NOTHING should separate us from God. We should be FREE. Thus, this day is just one of the symbols of God used to COMMAND us that we should be FREE through FAITH in Him if we need eternal life! If we are His people! His Israel/the Church of God founded by Him! And ONLY God Jesus made us FREE of our sins by accepting all our sins to His HOLY body on the Cross.

Those who follow rituals cannot satisfy God.

God COMMANDS you to be FREE!

You should be FREE of your slavery of sins!

You SHOULD abandon your sins.

Why?

Because God commands it!

Knowing that, we devote a day of a week to come closer to God to express our gratitude for His Salvation and Freedom through our FAITH in God Jesus- this is our Shabbat.

Ibn Allah/the Son of God took the sin of the world to lead us OUT OF the hell to His Kingdom!

He took our sins to His HOLY body to make us HOLY.

It is a day to worship God among brothers in a Church. That’s why our Shabbat day we commemorate on Sunday or on every day when we remember what God Jesus did for us and we express our gratitude to Him.

A ritual without worship of God Jesus is nothing.

If you do not work and rest by being a slave of your sins (like thousands of Jews do it in Israel) and if you are not worshiping the God Jesus, then you are NOT celebrating a FREEDOM but you are a slave and not free…..God COMMANDS you to be FREE! This Freedom is only possible through FAITH in His Son Jesus!

Summary:  The Holy Scripture of our God always calls us to be holy and FREE of our sins. God does not only call us to be FREE, He commands that! All His words said through His prophets told us how to be reconciled with God and people. It's all about freedom. Should Egyptians and Arabs observe this day? Let’s say it so: God commands Egyptians to be FREE from their slavery of sins through their FAITH in Ibn Allah/Jesus! God commands them to respect God and value this freedom which is a GIFT from God. God decided to FORGET your sins, and you should forget them and TURN from them to the HOLY God of Israel. If you will decide to stay in Egypt, then you will NEVER get to the Kingdom of God! Leave your Egypt- slavery of sins- and go together with Jews to the Promised Land- the Kingdom of Heaven- the New Jerusalem! Brothers, remember, if you will disobey God and will not be FREE of your sins through your FAITH in God Jesus, then you will be put to DEATH during your Judgment Day because God’s righteousness and justice is going to JUDGE ALL CHRISTIANS and Muslims for your crimes/sins you have ever committed. The escape from God’s WRATH is ONLY ‘Ibn Allah/the Son of God!

Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the LORD has commanded you to do:

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you,

a Sabbath of rest to the LORD.

Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

Exodus 35:1-3

Now it came to pass, in the morning watch,

that the LORD looked down upon the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud, and He troubled the army of the Egyptians.

And He took off their chariot wheels, so that they drove them with difficulty;

and the Egyptians said,

“Let us flee from the face of Israel, for the LORD fights for them against the Egyptians.”

Exodus 14:24-25

Read the context in your Bibles.

Edited by mven222
  • Brilliant! 1

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, mven222 said:

If you do not do it, you are disobedient to God. You are sinning and finally by violation His laws you act against Him and the result of your lives will be the HELL FIRE. Remember it!

Are you saying that keeping Shabbat is a salvation requirement?  What about Christians who don't observe it?  Are they going to Hell as well?

Christians say: *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!

Let me ask you: Does this mean that YOU as Christians DO NOT observe LAWS because you are under grace?

Do you know that some of you are fallen SHORT of the grace of God?!

Ok, If YOU are NOT under the LAW anymore then GO and make sex with anyone you want! Or better go and kill everyday! Or go and steel! Or go and divorce wives of your friends to sleep with them!

As you KNOW THOSE who who practice that do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God!

Why then God's laws are still applicable to you if you are NOT under the LAW anymore?!

God's laws are valid and not cancelled and we have to implement them. BUT we are NOT saved by application of the LAWS but by the blood of Jesus shed on the Cross for our sake.

Christians can NOT reconcile two concepts of Christianity: LAWS and GRACE. Like Salvation and RIGHTEOUSNESS. They think if they are "SAVED", they just can do whatever they want..sleeping with whomever they want...divorcing each other...Why not!? If laws are NOT applicable anymore?!!!! All laws are cancelled.

But that is NOT the Christianity that our God Jesus TEACHES us!!!!

Jesus explained to you that:

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 2 Peter 3: 10.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ...Then I will declare to them , 'I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!'

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 25:41
Then He will say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Luke 13:27
And he will answer, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from. Depart from me, all you evildoers.'

So, what does this mean that we are free from the Laws? That just MEANS that We are MADE FREE NOT By laws...but by FAITH in the Son of God to LIVE a HOLY life (turning from sins, dying daily for sins to live for God, abandoning lovers and sins of every kind, as God's Laws reveal these sins, every day to be HOLY and PREPARED to pass into the NEW World created for us). If I kill just again after my repentance, as always before my conversion..just ONE small killing then I am STILL in my sins..I am still a killer...I still need repentance. If I am a Christian and daily beat my children then I am still in my sins and I will die in my sin until I will STOP .....ABANDONING this sin. Christianity means a GODLY life. Unfortunately Churches today to NOT teach what God teaches us in the Bible. But when we OPEN up the Bible we see ONLY the HOLY LIFE..Open your eyes, Americans, God commands us to be FREE from sins DAILY!!!! Otherwise our religion like Islam is NOTHING..it is in VAIN!!!!!

Our God Jesus explains that to you, Christians:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Ok, we also implement the laws of God, knowing their meaning to LEAVE a GODLY/Holy Life.

The Sabbath is one of the 10 HOLY laws of God to IMPLEMENT engraved by the finger of God.

Today Christians do not stone women and men for sexual immorality, as in the Old Testament God commanded to do that, to PURIFY the Jewish sons in Israel. But they decided to show mercy to them as the Lawgiver Jesus made that. Do you remember that even among His fore-mothers were prostitutes?! They do like their Lawgiver Jesus, they forgive them. But that does not mean that He allows them to commit such sins! No way! He kills them in hell for any sexual immorality, as He declared that in Revelation. All sexual immoral people men or women do NOT inherit the Kingdom of God. No matter who they are Christians or not. So, His Laws are applicable even for EVERYONE today as tomorrow and as in the past.

Jesus decided to HEAL people on the Sabbath and we do like Him we offer salvation to everyone even on the Sabbath but we OBSERVE the HOLY Day to enter the REST with the Father in His dwelling place.

Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, "So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world.

For we also received the good news, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, since they did not share the faith of those who comprehended it. 3Now we who have believed enter that rest. As for the others, it is just as God has said: “So I swore on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter My rest.’” And yet His works have been finished since the foundation of the world. 4For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in this manner: “And on the seventh day God rested from all His works.

Summary: Those who believe, will enter God's rest. Those who live in sins, will die in sins. Those who live in the GODLY life bringing GLORY by their life, observing/IMPLEMENTING the HOLY Laws of God, will LIVE FOREVER with God in His Presence. Amen.

Edited by mven222
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Teditis

This all sounds like "preaching" instead of an open discussion... isn't that against ToS?

Plus it sounds like false teaching to me... we are no longer under the Law of old... that's clear in the Scriptures.

We obey Christ's commands and thereby fulfill the Law through Him... not by our own deeds and trying to stick

with an older covenant.

Acts 16:13, Matthew 28:1, Luke 23:56- the true believers and followers of Jesus Christ kept the 7th day Sabbath as per the 4th commandment.  The Sabbath day commandment is still active in Matthew 12:8; Matthew 24:20; Luke 23:56; Acts 16:13.

Edited by mven222
  • Loved it! 1

Christians, NOTE: "Therefore the Son of man (our God Jesus) is Lord (GOD) also of the Sabbath." (Mark 2:28)

Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Ok, the Sabbath is NOT cancelled. It is valid and the God of the Sabbath is JESUS- our CREATOR- to remember and commemorate and to observe this HOLY Day. Because He created the universe and people and He commands to REMEMBER Him and to pay tribute to Him and to HONOR Him and to REST with Him in His Kingdom...and what is MORE important to OBEY Him.

Edited by mven222
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, mven222 said:

Christians, NOTE: "Therefore the Son of man (our God Jesus) is Lord (GOD) also of the Sabbath." (Mark 2:28)

Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Ok, the Sabbath is NOT cancelled. It is valid and the God of the Sabbath is JESUS- our CREATOR- to remember and commemorate and to observe this HOLY Day. Because He created the universe and people and He commands to REMEMBER Him and to pay tribute to Him and to HONOR Him and to REST with Him in His Kingdom...and what is MORE important to OBEY Him.

So what happens to us if we don't keep the Sabbath day?   Where will we spend eternity?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The site draws legalists like a dog draws fleas.

I've never seen anything like it.

• Haha 2