• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

Hi, i want to ask your opinion about one thing. Because different pastors saying different things. We all know that our Lord Knows each thought in our mind, Knows each word we are going to say. He perfectly Knows every move of our brain. And what about devil? Some pastors say that devil can NOT read all our thoughts...he only can see those thoughts which he dropped inside of our minds...but he can not see the rest of em... What you think? If in my thoughts i require smth secretly to my Almighty God without speaking out a word and i want it to be only between me and my Lord, can devil catch it to ruin and try to destroy it etc, as he usually does. Because he is a liar and a thief 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

God is the all-powerful all-knowing Maker of everything.  The devil is a created being that is in one place at a time.   Some people mistakenly treat the devil and God as opposites roughly equal in power that are fighting for control of the world.  This is not accurate.  A common Christian view of the unseen spiritual world around us is that there is a network of evil spirits that attempt to push the devil's agenda around the world.  The Bible does not really give many details about this other than the existence of such beings.  Christians over the ages have attempted to fill in the blanks and add details.  Thus there is much Christian literature that tries to fill in the details by guessing.  Such questions as how much power do these beings have, what capabilities do they have, and how widespread they are are attempted to be answered.  Often what we hear about the devil and evil spirits is speculative in nature and comes from sources outside the Bible.   That is not to say every speculation is wrong; just that it is speculation and needs to be evaluated carefully.

I think that part of the answer to how Christians should deal with this is to look at the life of Jesus and the early church.  In three years of ministry, there are only a handful of times that it is recorded that He dealt with the devil directly. There are a number of times He dealt with evil spirits, but that was usually simply to cast them out and be done with them.  In the book of Acts, it appears that overt demonic activity was not an everyday occurrence that the apostles dealt with.  There are occasions where it was dealt with, but it doesn't seem to have been an ongoing daily event.  The major theme that tends to emerge is systematic opposition to the gospel rather than personal spiritual attacks on individual Christians.   As far as I recall, I cannot recall a single instance in Acts where anything was directly attributed to the devil being there in person.  Now, there is a general sense of the devil and his minions having an influence and control in the world of some type which is referred to in scripture, but the work of Christ was and is to destroy the works of the evil one.  

A second thing to consider is the lack of admonitions about certain things.  For example, I am unaware of any scriptural admonitions about being careful what we say or think so that the devil or evil spirits cannot overhear us.  For example, if it was important for Christians only to discuss important spiritual things in a sanctified holy place which has been prayed over to insure that no evil spirits can overhear the discussions, why are there no examples or explicit instructions given about this? My sense of this is that most Christians I know will be careful of their words around other people (as we all should at times).  But, most Christians I know are not worried about the devil overhearing us.

So, this is a long way of getting around to the OP.  I don't think that the devil or evil spirits can read our minds.  The lack of scriptural warnings about this suggests to me that we can freely (when alone in our prayer closet) pray silently or out loud.  At times around other people I will use discretion about what I say, but I think that the most important thing is that we are praying and spending time with God.  For myself, I usually pray silently.  When I am using the spiritual authority of Christ to come against various things or to pronounce a blessing, I will speak out loud.  But in general, I do not worry about being overheard in the spiritual world.  In fact, I cannot even remember the last time I thought about it until I read the OP.  As I think about it, there have been a few times in my life where I felt a sense of spiritual apprehension in certain places and with certain people, at those times I was on my guard about what I said and revealed.  But, most often during my prayer times, I just feel free in my prayers without worrying about being overheard.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Evgeniya said:

Hi, i want to ask your opinion about one thing. Because different pastors saying different things. We all know that our Lord Knows each thought in our mind, Knows each word we are going to say. He perfectly Knows every move of our brain. And what about devil? Some pastors say that devil can NOT read all our thoughts...he only can see those thoughts which he dropped inside of our minds...but he can not see the rest of em... What you think? If in my thoughts i require smth secretly to my Almighty God without speaking out a word and i want it to be only between me and my Lord, can devil catch it to ruin and try to destroy it etc, as he usually does. Because he is a liar and a thief 

I believe only God can read our minds..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

What  is likely the oldest written record that is inspired of God, the scroll  "Job", or "The Book of Job", is direct evidence that Satan is not omnipotent. Satan neither knows all, nor is present everywhere.  Further, satan can do nothing that God has not  allowed of him. He is also a created being (All that has been created has been created by Jesus). Satan  is rebellious and fallen, fallen from heaven, fallen from  grace and privilege, to soon be cast into eternal hell to come.

Read Job, study Job, read commentaries on Job, and if  your own mentors in Bible knowledge and in the faith of Jesus do not know Job, move on to one's that do know of Job. For within that scroll or book is the testimony of the limits of satan, and the allowances from God the Father to satan. Do not settle for  some condensed and summarized comments about Job, read the whole of the Book. Then you will not fear satan again.

Victory comes to those that endure, saved by Jesus alone. Permanent victory is through Jesus who has lived died and lives preparing a place for the elect of His Father. Jesus  does not lose a one. There is no  reason to fear satan, and every reason to fear with trembling in knowledge of the awesome power of our savior Jesus who is God the Son, as He does His Father's will, and by God the Holy Spirit  has given us bearable comfort for today.

Be bold in prayer, but do not brag in prayer, ask for that which is Godly to ask, do not be vain  in repetitive prayers. God hears and even by the Holy Spirit indwelling the saints  of Christ Jesus,  God the Holy Spirit institutes in groanings to deep for words our very deepest emotion and needs. satan cannot steal any of it. And, at the end satan, all the fallen rebellious sons of God, and the unsaved of humanity  will be totally destroyed to  eternally suffering-"and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. "

I suggest that  no one should  use satan as reason that prayers may seem to not be answered. He is not reason for it. Look elsewhere. Look to what is being prayed for, is it Godly?

May I suggest  reading at least a few of the great sermons on prayer: https://bible.org/series/spurgeon-prayer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

:)Thank you so much everyone , i really appreciate your opinion, have a blessed day 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/25/2017 at 11:51 PM, Evgeniya said:

Just my 2 cents:

The devil is ain't powerful as the Lord God Almighty. Only God knows our thoughts, being etc simply because He created us. Only the Creator would know in and out about His creation.

The devil on the other hand, is created first as an angel. In fact, he was created the greatest of all angels but this has gotten into his head that he would want to "take over" his Creator, God himself. All the devil can do is to destroy and plunder via manipulation, influence, deception and causing confusion. His main strategy is of course deception and his favourite place to attack is the mind ;"planting" thoughts into the mind, but the devil certainly can't know the inner thoughts of men. He could probably only observe and watch while trying to devise his tactics and schemes. Whether the devil is successful or not in that, depends on our walk with God and only if God "allows" it to take place. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, Evgeniya said:

And what about devil?

I think the book of Job says the most about the devil, here's a little.

Job chapter 2 verse 2

And the LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 12/25/2017 at 9:51 AM, Evgeniya said:

Satan has no power to read or intercept your thoughts.  God alone is omniscient. 

1 Kings 8:39

39 then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and act, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone bknow the hearts of all the sons of men),

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

So what if the devil knows our thoughts, or if he is able to know them. 

He does and so also does Jesus Christ and his angels. 

Any way don't you believe that they are devils assign to us waiting to torment us, if it was so, so are the Angels, and the Holy Spirit. 

Live your lifes in peace and without the fear of the devil. 

Jesus who loves us can establish us in him, so we don't live haunted by the fear of the devil. 

The scriptures about Jesus were written long time before his birth, and the devil had hundreds of years, to plan how to prevent them for happening and he failed. 

Think more about Jesus and his power and love for us, and less of the devil. 

I had a tremendous deep fear of the devil and all those things. 

And in my situation I had to go through some strange experiences to come out strong and overcome. 

And in this way, even thought I suffer, later I was able to help some others, which I show them walking in my old shoes. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 12/25/2017 at 10:51 AM, Evgeniya said:

We are told in the Bible that the devil has access to heaven to go before God. So what makes anyone think that the devil can't access all of our thoughts. If he doesn't see the good thoughts then how is that he ruins and destroys them? Even during our devotions, he can subtly point us in the wrong direction.

Or is it supposed that Jesus was thinking bad thoughts and that is how the devil could tempt him?

Peter had a thought that Jesus said came from the devil, but Peter didn't know that it was from the devil. It sounded right and good to him. "God forbid that you are martyred!" Peter must of thought that Jesus had gotten discouraged or something and sought to encourage him.

We must be as sure as we can be that our thoughts are truly right and good. By thinking on things that the Bible says is good.