DesertSW

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Two things save us —-Christ’s Blood And our Faith......as long as Christ’s Blood is on the Mercy Seat ,and As long as my faith is intact I am saved.....The Blood is not going anywhere soon, and once a person enters the life of faith, it is easier to stay in it than it is to leave it. My Salvation is secure.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm very sorry for what you experienced.  It's like those who sighed and cried and vexed in righteous soul for all the abominations committed in the church.  It is so true that though the number of "Israelites" (Christians) be as the sand of the seashore only a remnant will be saved.  Add to that the fact that the church is falling away and we have a very sad situation in Christendom.  Probably this has been brought up by others already, but an overemphasis and misunderstanding of grace (aka Christian political correctness) has allowed sin of every kind to flourish in the churches........and just like it says in scripture Christians have become worse than the pagans around us.  The church is ripe for judgment.........best to flee it and not receive of her plagues.

I have seen this worldliness in the churches for years. False doctrines and peculiar beliefs. Most are traditionalized by the institutional church. Few are willing to brake free of it. They don't know how to know Christ any other way. Its a type of bondage. Still there are those who have been able to brake free and still keep their faith in Christ, I being one. Denominationalism is confusion. It does not reflect the church that began at Pentecost. No name was given to the church by Christ or the apostles. The church was the church wherever the church was formed. They all followed the traditions given by the apostles.

Today I do not condemn those who belong to certain church. This is because they need fellowship and hear the word of God in which we receive life. We are not saved by the place of meeting but by the word of God. The Bible instructs us and it is to be a lamp unto our feet. Tares and wheat grow together unto the harvest. But if you are one who understands and you are strong in your faith I would divorce the denominational church system

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

21 hours ago, Butero said:

You could think you are because you went to an alter and prayed a prayer, but if down the road, you turn away from God and go back into the hog pen of sin, and die in that state, I would have to believe you were not really one of God's chosen, but only thought you were.  If you really are a Christian, you will continue to serve Christ till the end.  If you do fall away for a time, you will come back to the Lord before you die.  

A person like that is placing their faith in the power of the words they said at an alter. 

I know there are people who want to earn their way into heaven by doing good works and by not doing bad deeds. They want to become their own saviors, since they saved themselves because of their works.

A person like that is placing their faith in the power of themselves and their works. They become their own saviors.

I place my faith in the power & salvation of what Jesus Christ did on the cross. Not on myself or my works and deeds. I place all my faith in my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross to die for my sins and to rise 3 days later. That is where I put my faith. Not on words, not the power of my words or doing good works.

But like I said, this then becomes a debate about eternal security. That's not what my topic is about but some people keep returning to that topic.

Edited by DesertSW
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

8 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I have seen this worldliness in the churches for years. False doctrines and peculiar beliefs. Most are traditionalized by the institutional church. Few are willing to brake free of it. They don't know how to know Christ any other way. Its a type of bondage. Still there are those who have been able to brake free and still keep their faith in Christ, I being one. Denominationalism is confusion. It does not reflect the church that began at Pentecost. No name was given to the church by Christ or the apostles. The church was the church wherever the church was formed. They all followed the traditions given by the apostles.

Today I do not condemn those who belong to certain church. This is because they need fellowship and hear the word of God in which we receive life. We are not saved by the place of meeting but by the word of God. The Bible instructs us and it is to be a lamp unto our feet. Tares and wheat grow together unto the harvest. But if you are one who understands and you are strong in your faith I would divorce the denominational church system

This is a bold thought.......but I wonder if this is part of the separation of wheat and tares going on now.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

This is a bold thought.......but I wonder if this is part of the separation of wheat and tares going on now.

Sister.   be blessed .   When the separating of the tares and wheat occurs.  IS at JESUS second coming .   He burns the tares,  gathers the wheat.

What you are saying is what occurs when a person truly is drawn to the LORD and then The ALMIGHTY begins HIS work within.

And yes,   in time IF they were in an error teaching non repenting of it church.  THEY will leave.  no peace , no joy , no fulfillment in the mix

for those WHO truly have the LORD.  ONLY truth can fulfill them.   Its like any kind of mix is just utter empty and what a drag on the soul.  But TRUTH

always lifts up the heart and rejoices it .   be blessed sister.   Oh I guess a good word for what you are saying would be...........AN EXODUS out of that system

.  OH that is occurring , has been.     Come ye out of her , lest ye be partakers of her sins and receive of her plagues.    From the beginning

the call was come ye out from among them.   BE YE HOLY , FOR HE IS HOLY.    Do all to win souls, do all to encourage  , but never sit unequally yoked in the mix.   

15 hours ago, Butero said:

What happens if you lose your faith?  True faith in Christ brings about a changed life.  That is why James says faith without works is dead. 

Galatians 2:16 "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Jesus Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall not flesh be justified."

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. "

Do you read your neighbors mail and then apply your neighbors mail to your life and pay their bills, their mortgage payment, etc?

James is addressing the 12 tribes of Israel in James. James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the LORD Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings. "

Paul is addressing the Church/The Body of Christ in Galatians.

When you apply someone else's mail as your own, you will live a life of confusion and utter chaos. The same applies in the Bible.

Edited by DesertSW
  • Brilliant! 1

29 minutes ago, Butero said:

I don't understand the point of this thread, unless you are trying to warn people not to trust Christians.  It is obvious you have been let down by proclaiming believers.  You were putting down those who said these people were not real Christians. 

The point was made clear in the first postings. It is to let Christians know that they can be let down by other Christians. To be clear, I was NOT let down by "proclaiming believers" but I was let down by real Christian believers.

Its purpose was to warn other Christians that this might happen in their lives. To be warned is to be prepared and forearmed. Maybe I was naive to believe other Christians would do this to me. So when it happened then it was that much harder on me. I just don't want that disappointment to happen to other Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

Any faith I possess was a gift from God. How could I lose it?  Bad behavior? The Believer in Paul’s Church

At Corinth was having sex with his own mother ,yet after being chastised he was welcomed back into fellowship with the others. If I find a way to outdo that guy —- if he kept his faith and did not lose his salvation ,I’m not gonna worry about me.There was a good reason for God  to include this sordid tale in His Word. It gives hope to sinners like me.

I am I free man in Christ,free to do what I want ,funny thing is ,the very second I discovered my freedom in Christ was also the very second I found that my “wants “ had been changed.The old lifestyle I lived has no appeal to me anymore.The only thing I “want” to do these days is be kind to everybody I meet. ( motivation is love.....not some fear of the jaws of hell opening up if I am not 50% perfect ,75% perfect or whatever the legalists Believe is the standard to be saved,seeing how nobody can be 100%. Right? If I violate the freedom Jesus gave me ,trust me— He knows how to get me back in line with His chastisement.I understand what Paul meant when he said “ all things are lawful to me”. Unless Paul is a liar,I should be able to go out and rape,ravage and plunder.So why don’t I ? I don’t want to.Thats the secret of Christianity....God will change the inside of the cup. It’s kind of like a caged canary.one can open the cage door and the canary can go out and be free.freedom also includes cats,storms,hunger ,cold,heat,etc.....the cage was for his own good.a wise canary stays in its cage....wisdom shows he was better- off there all along.OSAS adherents have lived this—- you have to live it to understand it.Free is free....what do you think Jesus meant when He said....” you will know the truth and the truth will make you free.free to obey out of love and an indwelt Spirit.Not fear or trying to be “ good enough” to help the Jesus who can finish what He started.Relax  a little,let Him do it.

perfect

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:20-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/jhn.17.20-23.kjv

“However, I do not make a bakosha concerning these only, but also concerning the ones becoming ma'aminim in me [as Moshiach] because of their Dvar, That all may be echad, as You, Avi, are in me and I am in You, [YIRMEYAH 32:39] that also they may be in us, that the Olam Hazeh may have emunah (faith) that You sent me. The kavod which You have given me, I have given them, that they may be echad just as we are echad. I in them and You in me that they may become tamim (perfect) in Achdut (Unity) that the Olam Hazeh may have da'as that You sent me, and had ahavah for them, just as You have ahavah for me.”
‭‭Yochanan‬ ‭17:20-23‬ ‭OJB‬‬
http://bible.com/130/jhn.17.20-23.ojb

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

9 hours ago, DesertSW said:

The point was made clear in the first postings. It is to let Christians know that they can be let down by other Christians. To be clear, I was NOT let down by "proclaiming believers" but I was let down by real Christian believers.

Its purpose was to warn other Christians that this might happen in their lives. To be warned is to be prepared and forearmed. Maybe I was naive to believe other Christians would do this to me. So when it happened then it was that much harder on me. I just don't want that disappointment to happen to other Christians.

The walk of faith is like on-the-job training and we learn as we go along, and there can be some hard bumps along the way.  We are not to put our trust in man........this is why it says in the gospel Jesus did not entrust Himself to them because He knew what was in the heart of a man.  This is another way in which God's love is different from human love.......human love requires mutual trust.......whereas God's love is centred in God alone which is then shed abroad in our hearts and to others.  The love of God is higher than human love......just as all His ways are higher than man's ways.  The Lord knows that man cannot be trusted, yet still He loves.

• Thumbs Up 1