• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Denadii said:

I've been betrayed by Christians more than by nonChristians.  Many times too.  First you must forgive them.  You already know that....Second...You have to remember that they are people, only people...and they are full of holes...rotten spots.   Then they are sometimes taught silly things like, everything they have, everything you have belongs to God not to you or them.  So they tend to get careless...Lend them a mower and have to rebuild it after you've gone to get it back a month later......Lend them your car and ....oh big mistake!     

For some reason, Christians, and not just the new Christians, have a 'peculiar' way of thinking....Too much churchy doctrine and not enough Word...

Lol that is funny?, churchy doctrine. I would add twisted preacher thinking to that. 

Edited by Pudgenik

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

3 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Lol that is funny?, churchy doctrine. I would add twisted preacher thinking to that. 

:rolleyes: LOL  I use the term because many doctrines taught in churches in general, are interesting but do not line up with the Word.   The silly doctrine I mentioned above.....'everything I have belongs to God' as an example.  God gave it to me...That makes it mine....Now if I want it to belong to God...I can dedicate it to Him.   On the other hand....You give your son a bicycle, then he goes around and every time someone says "Hey!  Nice bike."  he says   "Yes!  Amen....It's my father's bike....."    How would you feel?   Like  "I gave him that bike, why does he not accept it?"  Would you be hurt?  I think so.  

Christians are most definitely a 'peculiar' people.   LOL

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Then they are sometimes taught silly things like, everything they have, everything you have belongs to God not to you or them.  So they tend to get careless...Lend them a mower and have to rebuild it after you've gone to get it back a month later......Lend them your car and ....oh big mistake!     

For some reason, Christians, and not just the new Christians, have a 'peculiar' way of thinking....Too much churchy doctrine and not enough Word...

There's mixed message just here:   as if all things are not God's (or are you being /sarcastic? ....  All things are God's.

Jesus says clearly not to claim anything as your own.   The first assembly of ecclesia knew this and shared all things in common.

Too much churchy doctrine today is false gospel,  and many members and visitors have ears being tickled.  This started in the first century,  and God warned many times about this,  and it is still prevalent here (on the forum).

7 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

I would add twisted preacher thinking to that.

Yes, for all the things written in Scripture are true, entirely true - "many false prophets" , "many false teachers" (never many good/ true teachers or prophets or pastors) ;   rather:  "many anti-christs in our midst.  (true today and yesterday and tomorrow) .....   This is normal world life/ society/ churches everywhere - accepted as if true, deceiving the multitudes and most visitors/posters.

• This is Worthy 2

Just now, simplejeff said:

There's mixed message just here:   as if all things are not God's (or are you being /sarcastic? ....  All things are God's.

Jesus says clearly not to claim anything as your own.   The first assembly of ecclesia knew this and shared all things in common.

Too much churchy doctrine today is false gospel,  and many members and visitors have ears being tickled.  This started in the first century,  and God warned many times about this,  and it is still prevalent here (on the forum).

Yes, for all the things written in Scripture are true, entirely true - "many false prophets" , "many false teachers" (never many good/ true teachers or prophets or pastors) ;   rather:  "many anti-christs in our midst.  (true today and yesterday and tomorrow) .....   This is normal world life/ society/ churches everywhere - accepted as if true, deceiving the multitudes and most visitors/posters.

Jesus said not to claim anything as your own?  Where is that?  

If God gives you something, its yours.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Jesus said not to claim anything as your own?  Where is that?  

If God gives you something, its yours.

As you or someone already posted,   "deceived more by so-called "Christians" " has left you without the basics.

Read ACTS,  and

remember

Bible Mysteries

@frienduff thaylorde replied to Dennis1209's topic in General Discussion

COUNT the cost . When one by grace has counted the cost and realizes that indeed it will cost him all, even the loss of all things even death , YET SAYS AMEN O LORD whether I live or die ,whether I suffer and lose all...............I FOLLOW THEE no matter what the cost. THEN by grace THAT ONE has indeed counted the cost and FOUND the PRIZE of knowing JESUS as far above all.
  • Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Jesus says clearly not to claim anything as your own

You said that....I'm simply asking you Where Jesus said that?  Do you have a reference?

14 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Ive been to many services where when the preacher or priest spoke his interpretation of the readings, i knew it was wrong. Gods spirit would move in me. 

I tell you. In my thinking, I look at it as poison to the minds who listen.

During those services, I have stood up and countered with scripture and the words God puts in my heart.

Ive had ushers try to silence me, but I will speak all the louder. 

Lol

• Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Denadii said:

You said that....I'm simply asking you Where Jesus said that?  Do you have a reference?

If it is any quote of scripture, then Jesus already said it.

Scripture, "Word of God"

3 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

If it is any quote of scripture, then Jesus already said it.

Scripture, "Word of God"

So you're saying that you can't find it?  Or that Jesus didn't really say that?   Ok...Where does the bible say that?  I really would like to know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Denadii said:

Where it talks about being stewards, as well as where it says we are to have our treasures above and store not up for ourselves on earth.  And also this verse:

1Corinthians 7:29-31

But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;

And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;

And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

• Praise God! 1