• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

14 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I assumed you would be familiar enough with the verses to look them up yourself if you needed to.  Not wanting to fight with you, I'm not sure how big an issue this is, but anyhow........if I am not even my own, but bought with a price, I have to think that includes all that I happen to be in possession of as well.  And to prove that we are but stewards of everything we own......I will just remind that we aren't going to bring anything with us when we depart this world.

Now, your turn Denadii......why is this so important to prove that we "own" what things we have.....and please bring scripture to prove your point....thanks.

It's not all that important a point at all....Its just one of those churchy doctrines I mentioned earlier....No scripture to back it up but taught as Word.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Oh, I think enough has been said to prove the point, it's just that you are not making the connection........please bring scripture that indicates we have ownership in this world as opposed to stewardship.  I'm willing to look at the issue, but you have given me nothing to go on yet.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

11 hours ago, Denadii said:

It's not all that important a point at all....Its just one of those churchy doctrines I mentioned earlier....No scripture to back it up but taught as Word.   

Ah yes, the light goes on, in my head. Lol. Yes I've heard this preached. If I remember correctly, the concept is we  give to God, and God gives seven fold to those who give. That is also receiving in worldly possessions as well as receiving possessions in heaven. 

Would that be like double dipping? Lol

Edited by Pudgenik
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Ah yes, the light goes on, in my head. Lol. Yes I've heard this preached. If I remember correctly, the concept is we  give to God, and God gives seven fold to those who give. That is also receiving in worldly possessions as well as receiving possessions in heaven. 

IF it worked, yes.

In a comment about gathering money or this world's goods,  long ago,  Jesus told His Apostles and disciples who were with Him - IF you started collecting money,  or this world's goods,  then immediately your love you already have in your heart for ME (YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR< MESSIAH >)  will start departing from you and will continue departing  until it is gone,  if you continue gathering [building another silo/ loving the world or anything in the world] this world's goods/ money/ temporal things.

THAT makes it important,  all Scripture makes it important, 

YHWH makes it important,  for those seeking His Kingdom.  It makes a huge, light and dark, difference.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Pudgenik said:

Amen.........yes, that is the only churchy doctrine I have heard about this topic too.  I was in error thinking it kind of went without saying how we are to regard this world's goods.  I don't see where the Lord really gives us THINGS for the sake of ownership and amassing them, no we tend to do that all by ourselves.......because He has only promised to supply our NEEDS.

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

17 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.........yes, that is the only churchy doctrine I have heard about this topic too.  I was in error thinking it kind of went without saying how we are to regard this world's goods.  I don't see where the Lord really gives us THINGS for the sake of ownership and amassing them, no we tend to do that all by ourselves.......because He has only promised to supply our NEEDS.

I don't want to make this a catholic thing. But being one, I can recognize the failings of my church as well as the blessings all individuals have had, no matter what the church.

Before the time of the reformation, a teaching was introduced about tithing. If I remember correctly, it was called indulgences.

The idea was, if you gave to God extra money, you would be rewarded more by God in heaven. Thus, the saying, buying your way into heaven.

I believe the reformation was a direct result of this teaching along with a few others.

I'm glad those teachings are gone from the catholic church.

Why ?  The teachings of the rcc (the dark side)/ from rome/  are still void (empty, without power) and vain, according to Scripture and according to YHWH'S Spirit confirming Scripture,

having the world system has never turned to YHWH in repentance, nor to learn from Him, but only grows more wicked every day, as again, written in Scripture.

Individuals may and have (repented and turned to YHWH to be saved) ,  and almost always are put out when they do, with few if any exceptions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

I don't think indulgences were started RE tithing nor had anything to do with tithing ,  but as part of the false gospel (since they did not have a way to be forgiven through Jesus) ,  a false gospel that was used and embraced by the religious leaders as a way to exert power over the people, and of course to rake in the $$$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$ .....  which , of course, they still do.... (world wide) ....   through many unscriptural ways.

7 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Before the time of the reformation, a teaching was introduced about tithing. If I remember correctly, it was called indulgences.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Nobody is talking about that my friend....We're talking about "If you're given something is it yours or the person who gave it?"  If it remains a possession of the giver, then it was not given was it?

• Thumbs Up 1

That illustrates one great difference seen daily between pagan greek western thinking

and righteous hebrew scriptural ways and thinking.

• Thumbs Up 2