• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/26/2017 at 3:34 PM, DesertSW said:

I'm sorry, no offense to you, but I have heard this response 1,000x and it's hogwash.

That's the "go to" response for Christians behaving badly. The old tried and true, "well, they weren't Christians to begin with."

It's the "Escape" button that Christians press when the dilemma of Christians doing sinful and evil things comes up. But that's all it is, an excuse and a quick way to try and squash the problem.

The reality is that real Christians do sin and commit evil acts against other Christians. The reality is then Christians don't address the problem and run to the "they weren't Christians to begin with".

So even though a TRUE Christian served Christ and the church for 20 years, commits a sin and violates God's Word. Then the "Christians can't do no wrong" group comes out and throws that Christian under the bus and claims they weren't a true believer to begin with.

That response and belief should be rolled up and placed under a bird cage because that is where it belongs. The reality is Christians sin and do things that they shouldn't do. They hurt others and sin against people and God. To say otherwise is a disgrace and to put one's head in the sand.

I'd also add.. "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone." There are plenty of sections in the new testament where the apostles addressed many ways that a Christian is likely to sin, and there are many sections that tell believers to love and forgive the brethren in their midst. So what is any Christian doing when they talk about the sins of their fellow brethren.. or who want to publicize them to the outside world?

Christians are saved but none are glorified saints yet. Therefore, we are to forgive as we have been forgiven through Christ. And therefore thus fulfill the law of Christ. And the law of God to love Him and to love others.

As for our own damaged feelings, we are to go to God and be comforted and put them into the sea of forgetfulness. And we are to pray for those who've done something for which we experience hurt. We are to pray for them that they be comforted by God and thereby be transformed to no more cause offense to others. Even as we each repent of our tresspasses, and pray that we do not offend others.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

To be fair, there are some denominations that teach works salvation. If you don't work to obey God in every little thing then God will strip you of your salvation. 

Then there is the teaching that is present for Arminius's following.  That the saved have to keep working to show themselves worthy of eternal life with God, Salvation, in this life. 

While the words of God tell us we are saved by faith not by works that anyone would boast. This could explain why many Arminians I've encountered tend to be very smug and self assured everyone not Arminian is Calvinist. 

We don't do good works to stay saved as those reborn in Christ. Our good works are evidence of our being saved by faith and reborn in Christ through God's grace.   

The way I look at having Jesus in you is this. 1st, what is God? "God is love". What do we do with God in us, or in other words, The Love that is God. Do we, "hide it under a basket", or do we, " set it up for the whole world to see" .

So what is Love, God's Love. Love is an action. So when we see those who are given talents by the Master. Each servant recieved so many talents. The one buried it in the sand.

If you take the love God gives you, and never use it. And say on Judgement day. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour. I am in the book of life, I am saved. And then God will ask, "what did you do with my Love, Jesus within you. Did you feed the hungry? Did you clothe the poor? Did you help those who needed help?" And you say, "well no I did not. But im saved because i accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. "

You will go to hell.

You burried the talent. You waisted Gods gift of Love. You only thought of yourself and of your salvation.

What you didn't do was what Jesus asks. Follow me. Show mercy, feed the hungry, care for the wounded. You didn't Live Christ within you.

The works is this, Jesus with in us. And allowing the Spirit of God to move us.

• Oy Vey! 2

22 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

JUST so long as that path DONT become a new revelation like,  say,    ALL PATHS lead or all inclusive.   YOU hear a spirit tell you

that God new revelation will is for world peace and that we need to be gathering with all other religions and casting aside doctrines for unity

MY ADVICE TELL IT TO FLEE , its of the dark one appearing a light.    their is no all inclusive world peace gospel .    JUST the true gospel that divides and offends

I say again,  if we , even me, or anyone comes preaching another gospel YOU FLEE.   and you do it quick.

Allah don't save, budddism wont be saved, none will.  lest they repent of the false gods and come to CHRIST ONLY

IF we or any other spirit says,   that GOD is in all religions , that it is really the same GOD but men messed it up and we got new revelation

YA FLEE its a lie from satans men appearing as men of righteousness.

I worry for you pudgenik.  real worried now .  FOR IF you have TRULY KNOWN the LORD for over thirty years..............WHY YOU STILL IN ROME.

I know sometimes it may take a bit to come out .   IT even took mennos simmons a bit.  BUT thirty years pudgnik , that scares me for you

NOW , I am going to ask you a question another near and dear sister asked you,    WHERE do you see this ecumenical all inclusive gospel .  YOU FOR IT or against it.

STAND up for what you believe ,    IF its false , I will tell you.   But with me , you and everyone else here should know..........what ya see is what ya get

I Hide nothing .   JUST right to the point .    IF any spirit is saying they are not ready for this revelation you have,   FLEE IT

lies fear truth , and thus the one who is the prince of lies , will often tell men , keep back the new revelation , due to it knows it cannot over come the truth.

PUDGENIK.    we got to be honest .   lie not to one another . SO ,   where do you stand on this all inclusive ecumenical world peace unity. 

When God speaks to us, it is no mere spirit. It is God and you will have no doubts about who is speaking.

Look at Moses. 

Did he "know" God before God spoke to him. When God spoke, the very first time, Moses knew it was God. There was no doubt in his mind.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

7 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

The way I look at having Jesus in you is this. 1st, what is God? "God is love". What do we do with God in us, or in other words, The Love that is God. Do we, "hide it under a basket", or do we, " set it up for the whole world to see" .

So what is Love, God's Love. Love is an action. So when we see those who are given talents by the Master. Each servant recieved so many talents. The one buried it in the sand.

If you take the love God gives you, and never use it. And say on Judgement day. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour. I am in the book of life, I am saved. And then God will ask, "what did you do with my Love, Jesus within you. Did you feed the hungry? Did you clothe the poor? Did you help those who needed help?" And you say, "well no I did not. But im saved because i accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. "

You will go to hell.

You burried the talent. You waisted Gods gift of Love. You only thought of yourself and of your salvation.

What you didn't do was what Jesus asks. Follow me. Show mercy, feed the hungry, care for the wounded. You didn't Live Christ within you.

The works is this, Jesus with in us. And allowing the Spirit of God to move us.

Of course I agree that those of us in Christ and sealed with God's holy spirit are led to act as Christ would in this world today. However, we do not work in that way as a means to keep the salvation we had nothing to do with receiving. We are not saved by works so that no one of us can boast we worked hard and God had mercy and saved us. No, rather , our salvation is God's gift through his grace. And we were his before the world was created. He knew us before the womb. He wrote our names in the lamb's book of life. 

Our behavior, another word for works in my opinion and due to the confusion that the word, works, sometimes imparts, exemplifies the gracious and peaceful nature of Jesus. Who was also wrathful being he was God in flesh. And remembering his fashioning a whip and using it to chase the money changers from his father's house. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

You will go to hell.

I understand you are earning your way into heaven with works but that is not what my thread is about.

It's interesting in how you are judging & condemning people into hell because they believed on the Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. You can boast to everyone how you earned your way into heaven by doing works while others put all their faith in what Christ did on the cross for their salvation.

Edited by DesertSW

3 hours ago, DesertSW said:

I understand you are earning your way into heaven with works but that is not what my thread is about.

It's interesting in how you are judging & condemning people into hell because they believed on the Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. You can boast to everyone how you earned your way into heaven by doing works while others put all their faith in what Christ did on the cross for their salvation.

You didn't listen to anything I wrote. You are so fixated with the term "works" . 

It is salvation. 

The word, alive in you. That is salvation. Salvation is Jesus alive in you. 

If Christ is not alive in you. 

You can scream to the heavens, that Jesus is your Lord and Saviour, and that will not save you.

Edited by Pudgenik
  • Oy Vey! 1

5 hours ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

Of course I agree that those of us in Christ and sealed with God's holy spirit are led to act as Christ would in this world today. However, we do not work in that way as a means to keep the salvation we had nothing to do with receiving. We are not saved by works so that no one of us can boast we worked hard and God had mercy and saved us. No, rather , our salvation is God's gift through his grace. And we were his before the world was created. He knew us before the womb. He wrote our names in the lamb's book of life. 

Our behavior, another word for works in my opinion and due to the confusion that the word, works, sometimes imparts, exemplifies the gracious and peaceful nature of Jesus. Who was also wrathful being he was God in flesh. And remembering his fashioning a whip and using it to chase the money changers from his father's house. 

So do you think that sticking your head in the sand and screaming till the cows come home, that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, will save you?

As I just wrote before, 

The term "works", that you make such a big fuss about is Salvation. It is Christ alive in you.

If Jesus is not alive in you, you have no salvation.

• Oy Vey! 1

12 hours ago, DesertSW said:

Speaking of "your thread", why choose me to be your fall guy saying "this isn't what my thread is about"? I don't see you complaining with all the others that are off topic.

• 1 month later...

Well, another Christian marriage bites the dust. A Christian couple married for 20 years, wife had an affair and now they are separated and filing for divorce. Like Barna studies show: 1 in 3 Christian marriages end in divorce.  Add another to the statistics.

(BTW - Please don't post the beaten horse response that they weren't Christian to begin with. It's an excuse to cover up the real problem that real Christians do divorce. )

Edited by DesertSW

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

Not real Christians but those in name only.  I would guess these 1 in 3 don't have any marks of a Christian and they are attending if at all.....a heretic Church. It is not a shame and a gasp thing--it 3/4 of the time is a misidentity thing.

You violated the rules!

I clearly stated:

(BTW - Please don't post the beaten horse response that they weren't Christian to begin with. It's an excuse to cover up the real problem that real Christians do divorce. )