• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, JTC said:

I know this is what we've been taught, I was too. But it seems odd that Jesus would say a certain sin won't be forgiven in the next world if if fact, no sins whatsoever will be forgiven after we leave here. IMO Jesus loved to make enigmatic statements. I also have hunch He has a good sense of humor. He didn't show it on earth but He might have us all laughing in eternity.

You brought up a point I just thought about reading above ^^^.

When Jesus walked the earth in the flesh, he had and showed many human emotions, because He was 100% human and 100% God. Out of all the human emotions He displayed, I don't once recall it said that Jesus was laughing? Does anyone recall??

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

All we know of is Jesus was very serious, but let's face it, He came here to die. I think He will be different in Heaven. Additionally, at the end of John's gospel he says that if everything esus did was written down there'd be too many books to store. Maybe some place Jesus did laugh. If so, I think He had what's called a dry sense of humor. He certainly made many statements that probably kept His apostles up all night wondering what He meant. 

But I'd also like to know if there's a record of His humor?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, JTC said:

But I'd also like to know if there's a record of His humor?

I think we can spot Jesus' humor in the Gospel too :)

"Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you?"

"After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?”

25 “Yes, he does,” he replied.

When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. “What do you think, Simon?” he asked. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?”

26 “From others,” Peter answered.

“Then the children are exempt,” Jesus said to him. 27 “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.

"Jesus replied, "I will ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things."

Don't know if I'm the only one who sees a bit of irony in that sentences :) 

Another ironic thing, is that in the parable of Lazarus and the rich, the rich says: "but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent". And the person that Jesus raised from death was called exactly "Lazarus", so I'm not sure the name in the parable was by chance, or an easter egg by Jesus :) 

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

14 hours ago, JTC said:

I know this is what we've been taught, I was too. But it seems odd that Jesus would say a certain sin won't be forgiven in the next world if if fact, no sins whatsoever will be forgiven after we leave here. IMO Jesus loved to make enigmatic statements. I also have hunch He has a good sense of humor. He didn't show it on earth but He might have us all laughing in eternity.

This sin will not be committed in the next world.. What Jesus was saying as far as i believe is that this sin will not be forgiven in this earth age or the eternal future age.. So if someone commits it here then they will never be forgiven it..

Edited by Adstar

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 7:26 AM, JTC said:

"Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

People curse God, people curse Jesus, but to remove all traces of The Holy Spirit from one's person, will surely be an unpardonable sin.

Not on God's part but at the individuals own choice and fault.

A person will not ask forgiveness from someone or something that they do not care to. If they blasphemy against The Holy Spirit, and I'm not just saying ill words towards it, but genuine turning away/denouncing,  they choose a life removed from God's grace. They choose to live void of God. God does not force any (free will), Jesus never forced any. It is all a person's choice.

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM, JTC said:

What's the next age or world mean, after death. But if nothing can be forgiven after death why would Jesus make such a curious statement.

After death. I think what is being implied is that if a person can and does denounce The Holy Spirit in this life, they most likely won't seek God in the next life. So by their choice they can not be forgiven, because they will never ask. 

This is pure speculation on my part, because no one knows what happens in the next life. Plus I do not like limiting God/Jesus. I try not to, I fail at times tho.

We have the judgement seat, and I believe there is another point where we get an opportunity to be 100% truthful with what God/Jesus already knows of us. Dependent upon our ability to be 100% honest with everything we have done will decide our fate in the next life. Again my speculations.

John 8:47 (NIV)

47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Once again this is by choice. As the Pharisees chose not to hear God but trust in their own knowledge. Rejecting The Holy Spirit is not always an obvious choice. People do it even while they believe they are following God.

Always seek God. Always stay humble. God bless!

• Thumbs Up 1