Psalms37:4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

The Olivet Discourse is the Lord essentially speaking to Israel of the 1st century and to those during the coming tribulation period .... not to the pre-tribultion immortals

You need more study time

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

Oh really?  (My last name: O'Reillius)  The Olivet Discourse is addressed only to 1st century Israel?  Then why is Jesus' audience the very nexus of the Church.  Who needs more study?  You should never let your eschatology determine your theology.

The book of Matthew is centered around five major discourses by Jesus, and only the last one - where He answers when He will come again - doesn't pertain to us -- according to you.

And according to you -- Matthew's use of "elect" for whom is gathered up - is not defined as it is everywhere else in the New Testament - and Matthew was probably written after the Jewish Disciples of Jesus saw that the Holy Spirit was opened up to Gentiles too, as it was in Antioch.

• Thumbs Up 3

"The Olivet Discourse is addressed only to 1st century Israel?"

.... and specifically to Israel during the 70th week decreed for the nation which is still pending at this time 

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"The Olivet Discourse is addressed only to 1st century Israel?"

.... and specifically to Israel during the 70th week decreed for the nation which is still pending at this time 

Sorry, but that is wrong. Even without the below quotes, it is obvious that the scriptures are for all of us. There is no Jew or Greek etc., but all are of one Body in Yeshua Messiah. To teach otherwise is contrary to the repeated messages of the Gospel to ALL believers. ALL BELIEVERS are Christ's.

Part of the argument of those who wish to exclude Jesus' teaching from the discussion of the church and our future is that Matthew is the gospel written to the Jews. The purpose of Matthew's gospel is to prove to the Jews that Jesus is their promised Messiah. Thus, certain things in Matthew are "Jewish" and not intended for the Church, such as chapter 24. The problem with this line of arguing is that the Olivet Discourse of Christ is included in both Luke's and Mark's gospel (Luke 21, Mark 13), which all scholars agree were written for a gentile audience. If this teaching was only for the Jews and about Israel's future, then why include it in these other gospels?

http://www.solagroup.org/articles/endtimes/ep_0009.html

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

It all depends when All Believers become Believers. O.T. saints became Believers when Christ went into Paradise. All Israel will believe when they see Him at the 2nd Coming.

In Christ

Montana Marv

"Sorry, but that is wrong. Even without the below quotes, it is obvious that the scriptures are for all of us. There is no Jew or Greek etc., but all are of one Body in Yeshua Messiah. To teach otherwise is contrary to the repeated messages of the Gospel to ALL believers. ALL BELIEVERS are Christ's"

Of course the scriptures are for all of us to read, however His discourse is about Israel in the coming tribulation period

Your interpretation is false and misleading .... study your Bible

"all are of one Body in Yeshua Messiah"

I see by your statement here that you are not following Jesus Christ

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

No matter how hard I study, I still cannot come up with the errors I read here.

I will even study some more I guess - maybe squeeze the scriptures until recognizable to those that like to tell others they are not Christians for not understanding an unprovable and distorted view.

If your views go against the actual scriptures, and if you must demean others for not holding to your opinions, then perhaps your methods are better suited to the inquisitions of past ages. Dangerous.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Sorry, but that is wrong. Even without the below quotes, it is obvious that the scriptures are for all of us"

Not in the case of the Lord's discourse which specifically is written to Israel during the 70th week decreed still to come

And this includes both Mark 13 and Luke 21

The scriptures are for all to read, but these scriptures are specifically given to Israel during the coming tribulation period 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/29/2018 at 3:53 AM, Justin Adams said:

No matter how hard I study, I still cannot come up with the errors I read here.

I will even study some more I guess - maybe squeeze the scriptures until recognizable to those that like to tell others they are not Christians for not understanding an unprovable and distorted view.

If your views go against the actual scriptures, and if you must demean others for not holding to your opinions, then perhaps your methods are better suited to the inquisitions of past ages. Dangerous.

Hey,

Have read Dan 11:36 lately? That will tell all ya need to know about Daniel11:36.

Peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about you Diaste?

Read your Bible son