IGNORED

God parted the red seas and He turned a rod into a serpent, so why wouldn't He stop a gun from firing?

Graceat76036

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection and I just don't understand how a person can walk into His sanctuary and kill many in a congregation, as His followers are assembled together worshipping Him. Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word. I'm an autistic lady who is confused and i truly desire to know Him and be able to trust Him. Please don't hate me for this question.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Praying! 1

Yes, trust is earned. But just look at all the Promises that GOD has kept. He promised Abraham that his offspring with number more than the grains of sand., which they have. We are his offspring by virtue of our Faith in Jesus Christ. More importantly, HE promised us a Redeemer which HE provided. What more could you ask for from a GOD Who's children have done nothing more than rebel and spit in HIS Face? You have to have Faith that we will be saved in the end. And of those whom are killed in HIS House, they are better off than we will ever be as long as we are in this world. We should be praising HIM for the Promises that HE has kept and the Promise yet to come. May GOD bless you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

That is a very good question. I have heard like episodes that never reach us thru the leftist media. At least one where an old faithful lady stood up and commanded the gunman to leave - which he did. I do not think we can lay this lack at the feet of the Lord.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Psalm 91 is basically a song or poem, talking in general about God's protection and the value of trusting in Him for what you can't do yourself. It's not a guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to Christians.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -- John 16:33

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 hours ago, Graceat76036 said:

Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word.

If God wants to keep us safe and unharmed in this world, He has the power to do that and He will do it. But in this world we will face tribulation.

"As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”" - Romans 8:36

And I am sure God has saved us from many accidents (some even fatal) and many of us are not even aware of most of them.

But when people gets harmed one time they start to complain... Please people, just be thankful!

"in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Keep in mind that is not God who wants people to suffer, it is people who do evil, sin against God and make others and themselves to suffer.

"They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one." - Romans 3:12

But the time is coming, where we all will be in a place that we will be safe forever.

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.
There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." - Revelation 21:4

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Graceat76036 said:

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection and I just don't understand how a person can walk into His sanctuary and kill many in a congregation, as His followers are assembled together worshipping Him. Almighty God could've stopped that demon, but didn't. So i have a hard time trusting God when it seems like He doesn't back His Word. I'm an autistic lady who is confused and i truly desire to know Him and be able to trust Him. Please don't hate me for this question.

I believe the protection and security that comes from believing God and trusting in the Way He made for us to be Redeemed is protection from deception and being securely saved.. I do not see any guarantee in the scriptures of protection from earthy troubles and earthly tribulation.. Now indeed Christians knowing they have eternal security with God have the understanding that no matter what happens in this world they are secure and saved and that gives us peace of mind in this world no matter how bad things get..  Jesus said::

John 16: KJV

33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

So Jesus makes it clear in this world we shall experience tribulations / suffering.. So that's Jesus telling us that we are going to suffer.. I am not sure where the belief that God is going to wrap believers up in cotton wool and keep them from every hurt came from? It certainly did not come from the Bible..

Having established all the above. I would like to say that God can protect us from disasters and calamities and from violence and suffering.. He has done so for me a number of times... BUT .. I firmly believe that when He does so it is because it serves his eternal purpose to do so.. Keeping Christians alive and fed allows us to continue to share the Gospel with the lost..  So I believe when God does intervene and protects His people from danger it is for His purpose not for our personal benifit or desire... Indeed if someone is a devout Christian they are eager to be gone from this world so they can be with the LORD Jesus Christ in His perfect Eternal existence..

Edited by Adstar
correcting god to God :)
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

16 hours ago, Graceat76036 said:

"Jesus answered, "My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom belonged to this world, my servants would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But for now my kingdom is not from here."

That's why we ask "Thy Kingdom come".

"But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world."

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 12/29/2017 at 12:06 PM, Graceat76036 said:

Psalm 91 assures us of God's protection

You need to keep reading to understanding persecution for the name of Jesus. He explained it and said its coming. You're feelings nor mine will change it. But do we believe Him? He is who He said He is.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 12/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, Graceat76036 said:

None of us hate you for this question it is a perfectly honest and understandable concern that many many people have had. 

But God never once promised us that this life would be a bed of roses. He could only promise us trial and tribulation. He told us that if the world hates Him (Jesus) it will hate us as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 12/29/2017 at 9:06 PM, Graceat76036 said:

If you desire to know Him you should recognize one simple thing first. This life is an infinitely  short prelude to the real eternal life. If you agree with this then you will look upon what has happened differently. The innocent are to be in paradise and the murderers are in for eternal suffering. 

• Thumbs Up 2