bryan

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Omnipresence = The presence of God everywhere at the same time.

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

You can choose to ignore the passages thinking it is pagan. That's your choice. 
God is all things and the Bibles verses say so. Not just there. 

I was addressing YOUR claim that God is all things.   THAT is not what those passages said.   It is pantheism that teaches that God is all things, that the whole created order is God.   Sorry, but you are extremely sloppy and irresponsible in how you handle Scripture.

You also said that Paul's letters are not inspired, which only highlights the problems with how you handle Scripture. 

17 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

Omnipresence = The presence of God everywhere at the same time.

"Christ is all"  does not mean that God is all things.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I was addressing YOUR claim that God is all things.   THAT is not what those passages said.   It is pantheism that teaches that God is all things, that the whole created order is God.   Sorry, but you are extremely sloppy and irresponsible in how you handle Scripture.

You also said that Paul's letters are not inspired, which only highlights the problems with how you handle Scripture. 

My you're quite aggressive in your errors aren't you. 

Mine is not a claim. My statements are arrived at through the scriptures. 

You can insist on pantheism all you like and will always be wrong. While denying the scriptures and what they say of God in the process doesn't make you right. 

How can anyone not know God is omnipresent? When His word tells us what God is. A spirit. A holy spirit. And there is no one else. Hear oh Israel our God, our God is one. 

And God, being it is a verb, because the creator of all that is is a holy spirit, created all things according to his will. All things are created from him. God cannot not be within all he created because all that is created has source from the one and only holy spirit. 

Lastly, that is a false claim. In fact I'm quite tired of being misrepresented in this community when my actual words remain in print. So I'll call it what it is. A lie! 
I NEVER said Paul's letters are not inspired. 
That you misrepresent the truth of my remarks when you disagree with my perspective, after appearing to be kind and as Christ commands us to be toward one another, it tells me a great deal about your theology. 

Don't fear to think.  

No one who knows the scripture argues God is not omnipresent. 

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

"Christ is all"  does not mean that God is all things.

I hope one day you realize the new testament and what the angel told Mary of Emmanuel. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

My you're quite aggressive in your errors aren't you. 

Mine is not a claim. My statements are arrived at through the scriptures. 

You can insist on pantheism all you like and will always be wrong. While denying the scriptures and what they say of God in the process doesn't make you right. 

How can anyone not know God is omnipresent? When His word tells us what God is. A spirit. A holy spirit. And there is no one else. Hear oh Israel our God, our God is one. 

And God, being it is a verb, because the creator of all that is is a holy spirit, created all things according to his will. All things are created from him. God cannot not be within all he created because all that is created has source from the one and only holy spirit. 

Lastly, that is a false claim. In fact I'm quite tired of being misrepresented in this community when my actual words remain in print. So I'll call it what it is. A lie! 
I NEVER said Paul's letters are not inspired. 
That you misrepresent the truth of my remarks when you disagree with my perspective, after appearing to be kind and as Christ commands us to be toward one another, it tells me a great deal about your theology. 

Don't fear to think.  

No one who knows the scripture argues God is not omnipresent. 

I am not in error, at all.  You are simply using theological terms that you don't understand.  

God is omnipresent.  That means that God is everywhere.   It doesn't mean that God is all things.   God is not all things and the Bible never says that and the passages you quote don't say it.

And you DID say that Paul's letters were not inspired.

When the Bible says Christ is all, in context. It is referring to the inclusiveness of the Gospel with respect to Jews and Gentiles, male and female and all walks of life.

The one who needs to think and study is YOU.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

I don't want to be unfair to your question and presume my own definition behind your chosen term, "biblical fundamentalists". Before I answer would you please tell me what that term means to you? 

Those who follow JESUS and live by all his sayings.   by the power of the Spirit

and they love the bible and will test everything anyone teaches against it .  and if any part of the other ones teaching omits or twists anything JESUS said, THEY know itsfalse

and will say so.    They also believe the mark is a physical mark like rfid or like technology in the skin.

They also believe in the dire need to evangelize and that One must truly believe and follow Christ to be saved.

They believe you must be born again.

And they believe that the pattern JESUS taught and the apostels taught IS the only pattern and that we need never change nor stray from that pattern.

They believe no matter what it costs them, they must follow ONLY CHRIST and never conform to this world.

THINGS LIKE THIS .   

51 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Those who follow JESUS and live by all his sayings.   by the power of the Spirit

and they love the bible and will test everything anyone teaches against it .  and if any part of the other ones teaching omits or twists anything JESUS said, THEY know itsfalse

and will say so.    They also believe the mark is a physical mark like rfid or like technology in the skin.

They also believe in the dire need to evangelize and that One must truly believe and follow Christ to be saved.

They believe you must be born again.

And they believe that the pattern JESUS taught and the apostels taught IS the only pattern and that we need never change nor stray from that pattern.

They believe no matter what it costs them, they must follow ONLY CHRIST and never conform to this world.

THINGS LIKE THIS .   

Thank you for your explanation. 

I think if people read the Bible as is without knowing proper exegesis and context and culture and tenses, they can misunderstand what is written. I think we should test what people claim to understand and then teach Christians from a lay perspective. And that would entail seeking out scholars or apologists and reference materials in order to understand fully the wisdom to be gleaned from scripture. 

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You talk about being aggressive and then you call him a pantheist.  Really?  He is not a pantheist.  You scold him for being "aggressive," but your entire post above is aggressive and confrontational.  At this point, you have no idea what his theology is.  You might want to step back and take a breather.

At this point it is you who will step back and take a breather. I am the one that was accused of being a pantheist. 

Since you didn't get that right the rest of your remarks are errant and not applicable to me at all. 

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not in error, at all.  You are simply using theological terms that you don't understand.  

God is omnipresent.  That means that God is everywhere.   It doesn't mean that God is all things.   God is not all things and the Bible never says that and the passages you quote don't say it.

And you DID say that Paul's letters were not inspired.

When the Bible says Christ is all, in context. It is referring to the inclusiveness of the Gospel with respect to Jews and Gentiles, male and female and all walks of life.

The one who needs to think and study is YOU.

Post my remarks where I said exactly what you claim. That Paul's letters were not inspired. 

I think the one that needs to learn how to study scriptures is the one that thinks so little of scripture that says God is all and in all doesn't actually mean God is omnipresent and is all. Because first and foremost they're afraid of the term, Pantheism, which they don't comprehend due to that fear. 

God was Christ. I am very glad to make you aware of that. 

God is the I Am that scripture speaks of. And God, which is actually the verb form of that which the holy spirit operates as, creator, is the source of all that is, was or shall ever be. And those scriptures that speak of God being omnipresent mean exactly that. Present in everything created at all times. As the songs of King David even revealed. Colossians 1.It is a very simple straightforward truth using the scriptures to prove it so. John 1

In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and The Word was God. 

When no thing existed but God in the beginning, everything that came to exist by God's will and plan is sourced from God as creator of all that is. That's scripture. Denying God's omni-genesis because fear of some imagined pagan term isn't good theology.  

To compound the aggressiveness and denial of scripture with the false accusation concerning Paul's letters is just bad manners born of fear you aren't as ready to acknowledge the scriptural truth about God as you think you are. To imagine God isn't in all creation when no thing created could exist without God is indefensible. Calling names and making false accusations against one that points that out doesn't change that fact. 

Guest shiloh357
37 minutes ago, TickledPinkinChristWoot! said:

Post my remarks where I said exactly what you claim. That Paul's letters were not inspired. 

I think the one that needs to learn how to study scriptures is the one that thinks so little of scripture that says God is all and in all doesn't actually mean God is omnipresent and is all. Because first and foremost they're afraid of the term, Pantheism, which they don't comprehend due to that fear. 

No, you are the one in need of study because I understand context.  And the context wasn't about God being all things.  The context of that passage was the inclusiveness of the Gospel of Jesus with respect to all people   You need to go back and read that passage.

And I am right about pantheism.  It teaches that God is all things.

God is the I Am that scripture speaks of. And God, which is actually the verb form of that which the holy spirit operates as, creator, is the source of all that is, was or shall ever be.

First of all that sentence, syntactically, makes no sense.

Moreover God is not the source of all that is; He is the Creator of all that is.   God is not the source.  Creation did not come out of God.

And those scriptures that speak of God being omnipresent mean exactly that. Present in everything created at all times.

No, omnipresence is the incommunicable attribute of God being everywhere present.   He is not present IN anything.   He is separate from Creation.  He is not in creation.

When no thing existed but God in the beginning, everything that came to exist by God's will and plan is sourced from God as creator of all that is. That's scripture. Denying God's omni-genesis because fear of some imagined pagan term isn't good theology.  

LOL, Omni-Genesis???  Now you're just making stuff up.   No, creation was not sourced from God.  God is separate from all that is made.  You cannot claim, doctrinally that God is both the creator and that everything has its source in God.   That is heretical.

To compound the aggressiveness and denial of scripture with the false accusation concerning Paul's letters is just bad manners born of fear you aren't as ready to acknowledge the scriptural truth about God as you think you are.

I was not the only one in that thread that mentioned.  I asked you directly in that thread, and never got an answer.   At least one other person mentioned it to  you as well.  It a week ago or more.  You never replied.

To imagine God isn't in all creation when no thing created could exist without God is indefensible.

LOL, since you are making pantheistic statements, YOU are the one that is making indefensible statements. 

Calling names and making false accusations against one that points that out doesn't change that fact. 

I have not called you any names and I have made no false accusations.   Your arguments are pantheistic, and you are not theologically literate enough to understand the incommunicable attributes of God.   Those are the facts.