IGNORED

All of us automatically saved because of Christ's passion?

PersecutedOne88

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Jesus told us that the only way to the Father was through Him.  No one is automatically saved; we have to accept His gift of redemption before we can receive it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

well- in responce to the initial post-- no-- Jesus no longer speaks to any one-- every thing he had to say to us for this age he said in the Bibles--- regarding Faustina-- hmm= I will reserve comment on the veneration and acknowledgement of saints~~ concerning salvation-- Christ blood was sufficient to save everyone-- unfortunatly it only works for those who come to him for salvation---- I work at a mission-- I can set a banquet for everyone-- enough food to go around--- holler out the window--" Hey Guys, Dinner time"-- the food only does good to those who come into get it--the guys outside have food but they don't come and get it so it does them no good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 12/30/2017 at 7:55 PM, PersecutedOne88 said:

I am a catholic, but I have a protestant friend who said, with deep conviction, that she is absolutely sure that she would go to heaven because Jesus already died for all our sins. That's what her pastor preached. Period. However, I chanced upon a booklet on DIVINE MERCY which says that back in 1930's, Jesus revealed Himself to a simple and holy nun in Poland. She called her to be the secretary and apostle of His mercy. She is now a saint. Her name is St. Faustina. Jesus said to St. Faustina: "Souls perish inspite of my bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the feast of My mercy. If they will not adore my mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Tell souls about this great mercy of mine, because the awful day, the day of my justice is near..." Please tell me what you think. The Divine Mercy booklet contains the many desires and promises of Jesus. Please ask me should you have any questions. Jesus wants the salvation of all.

Does Jesus have great mercy? Yes.

Does He have great passion? Yes.

Does He speak to His saints (the children of God)? Yes.

Was that a universal message for these times? If it speaks to you, yes. If not, then no. For these are the times foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter, in which "God pours out His spirit on all people", not just a few chosen servants as it was in the former time.

Are "all saved automatically?" No. The salvation available during these times comes from hearing the good news of the coming of Christ according to the great commission, and believing that He has the power to save. Those who believe, shall be saved.

Is your friend's salvation sure? Yes (because she believes).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus paid the price for every sinner......God can save whoever He wants......His  Word says He will only save those who trust Him......Paul said Jesus will save you if you believe His Gospel....Do you trust Him? How you answer that one question will determine everything  that follows.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

John 8:24 " I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

Jesus paid the penalty for all of our sin except for the one sin that will send us to hell; the sin of unbelief.

John

M

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My take on it is that Jesus paid the penalty for all our sins including unbelief. It's just that unbelief leaves the gift on the porch and never takes it in to himself. (e.g. how many times have we sinned doubting?)

My take on this is exactly what Jesus says. Unbelief is rejecting His free gift of forgiveness of sin & that rejection is unbelief.

If/when a true born-again Christian doubts,  that is not rejecting the pardon Jesus bought for us with His blood. Notice I'm talking about a true born-again Christian; someone who has received the free gift of forgiveness of sin from Christ. Their doubting is not unbelief.

John

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:44 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus paid the price for every sinner......God can save whoever He wants......His  Word says He will only save those who trust Him......Paul said Jesus will save you if you believe His Gospel....Do you trust Him? How you answer that one question will determine everything  that follows.

Knock Knock== "whos' there?" == "Its me God, Bruce can I come in??"~~~" Why should I let you into my heaven?-- you are a stinking rotten sinner" ~~~~~"I know Lord-- but Jesus wasn't and he shed his blood for me- and I'm trusting that" ~~~~~" I know Bruce,welcome home child, come on in, I have some AMZING things to show you ! "

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 2/3/2018 at 1:32 AM, woundeddog said:

well- in responce to the initial post-- no-- Jesus no longer speaks to any one-- every thing he had to say to us for this age he said in the Bibles--- regarding Faustina-- hmm= I will reserve comment on the veneration and acknowledgement of saints~~ concerning salvation-- Christ blood was sufficient to save everyone-- unfortunatly it only works for those who come to him for salvation---- I work at a mission-- I can set a banquet for everyone-- enough food to go around--- holler out the window--" Hey Guys, Dinner time"-- the food only does good to those who come into get it--the guys outside have food but they don't come and get it so it does them no good.

I like this analogy

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 12/30/2017 at 10:55 PM, PersecutedOne88 said:

I am a catholic, but I have a protestant friend who said, with deep conviction, that she is absolutely sure that she would go to heaven because Jesus already died for all our sins. That's what her pastor preached. Period. However, I chanced upon a booklet on DIVINE MERCY which says that back in 1930's, Jesus revealed Himself to a simple and holy nun in Poland. She called her to be the secretary and apostle of His mercy. She is now a saint. Her name is St. Faustina. Jesus said to St. Faustina: "Souls perish inspite of my bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the feast of My mercy. If they will not adore my mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Tell souls about this great mercy of mine, because the awful day, the day of my justice is near..." Please tell me what you think. The Divine Mercy booklet contains the many desires and promises of Jesus. Please ask me should you have any questions. Jesus wants the salvation of all.

All of us automatically saved forgiven because of Christ's passion?

Here are some verses your Protestant friend is probably thinking about;

Rom_6:10  For when he died, he died once and for all as far as sin is concerned. But now that he is alive, he lives for God. 

2Co_5:15  He died for all people, so that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for the one who died and rose for them. 

Heb_7:27  He has no need to offer sacrifices every day like high priests do, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he sacrificed himself. 

Heb_10:10  By God's will we have been sanctified once and for all through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus, the Messiah. 

But there is a catch.

Rom 10:9  If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

The forgiveness has been given but as we have been reading here. the gift has to be accepted in our hearts.

I like the analogy wounded dog used of food being served but some not coming in to accept it.

I would refine that analogy a bit and say rather than the person being outside and have to work up the nerve to go inside, to say....

The person is inside and someone has come to the door with the free food, they just have to open the door and invite them in.

and while they're enjoying that food.......they get to know each other

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I had rejected Jesus many times in unbelief before coming to faith. I am glad Jesus died for those sins of unbelief. :)

I did the same thing, and had I continued to reject Jesus in unbelief, that would have been THE sin that sent me to hell.

Regards,

John

• This is Worthy 1