• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 hours ago, JTC said:

Ever consider that other people are just as scared to talk to you?

I do not know, perhaps they are. I do not look unfriendly, but I understand.

Anyway, I do not have any bitterness towards it... I have been learning with the Lord and I do not feel alone anymore.

3 hours ago, JTC said:

In one of Paul's epistles he asks the question of How should we treat each each other?

Seeking others well being is very good... And it makes us feel well too.

But we have to understand others as well, forgiving one another, loving one another.

God bless you in Jesus' name! ?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The whole of God's Word is that of pure belonging... the created with The Creator! Love is the initial endorsement for all else and by this love we know we are the children of God. So isolation does not fit with God or His Word!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, JTC said:

Most of my family has died and most of my youthful friends went their own way. Some moved, and I mean very far, like from NY to CA or Georgia, perhaps the Midwest, too far to drive there and besides I can no longer afford a car. So I had an idea and this is a good time to mention it. The Worthy Board has clubs doesn't it? My original idea was "Seniors Without Families".

Hi JTC,  sorry to hear that you have no longer much family around you. You are not alone in that position. Many , many people live alone with no families  and even older people with families, mention that their children don't help much or come visit them much, so I think loneliness can also be found with people who still have family .

I make regular visits and calls to a few senior women who either have never married or are now widowed. Some have children, and even those with children, who DO come and visit, don't seem to find that it fills their loneliness. Which brings me to see that loneliness is more from within than without.

I too have literally no genetic family left any longer. Most of my family now is deceased, for the exception of my atheist brother, who wants nothing to do with Christians, let alone his only sister.lol,(but you never know, with God all things are possible)... So I basically I steer clear away from him (praying for him from afar) or he will abuse me,  And so I have also no family anymore. 

But I look my God as my family, my dear heavenly Father who is there with me, for me wherever i go, and the few friends i do have, I cherish and welcome whenever we have the opportunity to meet (which is not often) or the times we get to speak on the phone or through internet.

What helps me not feel so lonely is that I make my own life plans and don't depend on people to make my happiness. I try and do what i love. And i go look and search for places that have what interests me or what i may need at a certain particular time in my life.

For me one thing i love are animals. Having a pet sure can help make one not feel lonely as they are living beings and also something to keep you busy with as you care for them everyday.  I think if I had no pets, I would probably would feel much more boniness, as they -animals can keep you busy as you have an obligation to love and care for them and they give you back so much love.   There are animals shelters that I am sure always could use an extra hand of helping care for their animals? And if its people that one is lonely for, there are many volunteer groups that one can get involved in, such as a helping in food banks, food shelters, hospitals, hospices, feeding people, holding babies...

I did for most of my life, the volunteering to help people, I still do so now when the opportunity comes, but it is less frequent, and for now as live far away from the city, my obligations are more where I live, taking care of my own self, my home, my gardening, my animals . (In everything there is a season) I don't miss having to go out everyday and meet with people. I kind of enjoy doing my own thing, but I have to make my plans or nothing gets done. The same to meet people, I have to go out of my way if I want to meet with people.People don't just come to you, usually if you want to be with people, you have to make the effort to seek them out.  And if people come to you, you got to use discernment from God, for the reason such a person comes to you.  So I think loneliness can come out of not being motivated to do much and not having anybody to motivate us to have hope to keep going in life.   But really it is God that should bring this motivation from within. Counting on a good Samaritan to do so, may or may not happen. I rather depend on God than on placing to much of my faith my faith in people. People are imperfect, and at one time or another, youwill er or they will er or both and you will get disappointed, especially if you placed all your faith in them. God teaches us to place all trust in Him, and if we can show others also the way through Him and not ourselves. God will always help you and me and anyone who truly seek Him find a way, a way to peace, a way to fulfillment, a way to hope.

One thing I have learned, is to be very careful to not get to personal with too many people individually on the internet, especially on the internet as misunderstandings can quickly occur and there is not much of a chance to meet up personally with a person to explain things more clearly. And even if you get to explain yourself clearly and in person, that person my not find affinity or understanding with you. That's just human nature.

Also I find, that even here on worthy, you will find people who have made clicks and when you try to post in a thread that has a regular click going on, you are not always made to feel welcome to participate in the post, sometimes you are just being ignored and made to feel unwelcome that way. That is the problem with having clicks even on a christian site. It brings only a select few together and separates other people from joining in rather than bring all people together.

You idea of a " Seniors Without Families"  thread in the worthy forums, sounds nice at first glance, but is it really necessary? perhaps you can give it a try and see how things develop? What are the topics that you would discuss in a 'seniors without families' that you cannot discuss through other threads?   Maybe it can work, just like Abby Joy made a thread for people who have experienced abuse and would like to talk about it and get christian feed back in supportive way.

Here today on Haven today was the topic of loneliness and having the key of hospitality towards others, and how that can make a difference.

http://www.haventoday.ca/series/love-your-neighbor/

Edited by 1to3
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1to3, many of your suggestions won't work for me. I don't own a car and if I did spinal stenosis prevents me from walking much.

I didn't think this out yet. But you cheered me up with your atheist brother. I was texting my new age cousin earlier who again said she wishes I could relocate to Florida. How is it she forgot she attacked my faith on Christmas Eve. For the sake of the family I have never attacked her beliefs. Here's an interesting thought. I hate what she believes but I don't feel threatened by it. After 40 yrs of being a Christian I feel very secure in my beliefs. She's new age 40 yrs too and she's even married to the guru who destroyed our family. Can it be she feels threatened by my faith. I'm thinking she does, but why? Because my faith is based on the Son of God while her beliefs are based on the enemy of God. No one, not angels, not humans, no one can defeat God.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Hi JTC ;

2 hours ago, JTC said:

1to3, many of your suggestions won't work for me. I don't own a car and if I did spinal stenosis prevents me from walking much.

Sorry to hear that JTC, back pain is not an easy thing to have to endure. I am keeping you in prayer for a  complete healing in Christ Jesus  Name. Amen!

2 hours ago, JTC said:

But you cheered me up with your atheist brother.

lol   Oh well I am glad at least someone had a chuckle over this sad situation. Reading about your niece, there looks to be more hope of a friendly curious relationship there with you and her than there would be with my brother.

2 hours ago, JTC said:

How is it she forgot she attacked my faith on Christmas Eve. For the sake of the family I have never attacked her beliefs. 

Same hear, I never ever would even mention anything about religion in his presence, but he always would just try to see if he could start an argument. So every time he would do that, I would not engage but rather change to another subject.  

2 hours ago, JTC said:

Can it be she feels threatened by my faith.

Yes i think there is something about the dark side in her that feels very threatened, just like with my brother.

2 hours ago, JTC said:

I was texting my new age cousin earlier who again said she wishes I could relocate to Florida.

Well Florida sounds really nice and warm.  ?️ If I could relocate to an all year warm climate i would. I don't know about you, but if you had a chance to relocate to a warmer climate, I would not hesitate.  I would not relocate because of any atheist family member living there, i would relocate just because the weather in Florida is warm and to be able to enjoy warm weather more than cold. And as a person gets older, warmer weather helps.  Surely there must be some Burroughs in Florida that have a lot of social services going on and also services and activities for people who don't have any cars.   Worthy member -Kwikphili- lives in Florida and used to say how wonderful it was to live all year in a warm climate.  If i where you, i would definitely consider relocating there.   They must also have a lot of christian churches to pick from.

Anyhow, thank for your reply...

1to3