• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,186
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Someone once said to me: cheer up, it could be worse. So I cheered up and by golly it got worse!

lol

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Look up Passion for Truth Ministries on YouTube. Watch Jim Staley 'Wisdom and Deliverance'.

Hi Justin Adams, I looked this guy up and listened to his video. My gut feeling from seeing him at first glance made me feel reluctant that he would have anything insightful to say, but i did listen to the whole video of his sermon and yes he had some good poins like generational cursed, how to ask God to remove them, but he also said things about demons that is not scriptural, like demons are not omnipotent like God to be able to live in the eternal-no time zone- third heaven with God, they are earth bound so TIME is part of their realm. The only place where time is not relevant is in Gods realm of eternity.

Then after watching and listening to his sermon in full I went to read the comments from the you-tube listeners and found out that this guy is now serving time in prison for having defrauded old ladies.

Having read that, takes away my desiring to listen to him further.   That is why the WORD of God does warn, be careful if you desire to teach:

James 3:1-2 “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.”
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2014/04/20/bible-verses-about-teachers-7-scriptures-with-commentary/#35196eK4r33IkkoG.99

12 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Today I received the information I will be alone and friendless for the rest of life.

Hello 4LdKHVCzRDj2

That statement can be seen in many ways.

My question to you is:

Are you and outgoing person or more of an introvert?

Some people have this need to be with people, others don't.

Some people feel alone in a crown while some people who are totally alone do not feel lonely.

It depends on how you look at things.

If you feel your time is to be alone, then why not try and embrace this aloneness with Christ accompanying you through it. With Him we are never truly alone in Him. And no circumstance whether good or bad last forever on this earth.

Also on the practical side, as human organisms we are never alone, as we are, there are million, if not trillions of organisms living on us. so you are not alone.lol

I personally am more of a person who enjoys being alone more so than being around people.  Although I do on the occasion enjoy good  live company with another, usually one good friend at a time for me is better than to many people all at once.   But that's just me. We are all different.

I do not know if you are disabled or not.

But if you are mobile, and living close to people, you can also go and volunteer in a help shelter, or go to a hospital at feeding time and volunteer helping someone to eat . 

And thanks God its ok. also to be alone.  When we are alone by any given circumstance, it is always an opportunity to get closer to God and commune with Him

God made us all unique with our own gifts and capabilities and also with our own limitations. Becoming whole  and feeling content within, is accepting of ourselves and recognizing our gifts, capabilities and limitations.

One good way to not feel so alone is getting a pet.

Or to go out into nature and look at the animal kingdom for a while. the squirrels, the cats, dogs, the birds the bugs, the spiders . You can make friends with them all if you like and not feel so alone .

Another is having some kind of project or hobble going on.

About friends. Its never to late to make new friends.

I like this sentence I once read: "don't give up now, you just don't know what's around the corner."

Also circumstances, our life is in constant change whether we like it or not.

About making friends, its never to late in life to make a new friend. In 2005, i  believe God placed a person in my life for a time. This person was 67 years old, they passed away in 2009. I met a great friend, it was a very special friendship as if i knew this person all my life.

So really the thing I think we all need to learn to adjust ourselves into finding our own contentment from within no matter what given circumstance we are in.

A friend of mine just e-mailed this to me this week. Its about finding contentment no matter where in life.

https://librivox.org/the-art-of-divine-contentment-by-thomas-watson/

For sure we all at times can feel lonely. That too can be an insight that we need to go out and meet with people or have more conversations with God our heavenly Father.

I am no stranger to being alone.

The nature i was born with, tends to lean that way.

It is always more of an effort and strain for me to go out from my naturally inclined nature and desire to be alone.

And somehow, God has accommodated this by the life circumstances i was given.

For a long time I tried to go out of my natural inclinations, I tried to be like the "status quo". But it was not for me, and the more i tried the less happy I was.

its when i decided to accept myself, the good, the bad , the ugly, my capacities and my limitations and with Gods help make peace with them, that is when I began to find contentment and happiness in my life.

I can spend a week alone without seeing a human being and be perfectly happy and content, because i have things to do, hobbies and chores to keep me preoccupied. But again when i do get lonely, i call a friend, i go out to the store, interact with the people and the  clercs in the stores by casual hellos and brief conversation, I go to visit someone in the hospital or an old age home or a friend or an old friend of my parents who also lives alone.

I hope my sharing a little of myself and what i do, help you to not feel so alone, and inspires you a little also to not feel so isolate and alone.

I will be spending New Years Alone, but that is nothing new and i quite enjoy it as i have things to do, to occupy myself. If its not this, its that.

So with this said, i wish you a happy and safe New Year with God our Lord and Savior by your side always.

In Christ Jesus i stand;

1to3

Edited by 1to3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Genesis tells us that it is not good for man to be alone. God is not going to give you a burden that he doesn't think that you can handle.

The saints often took their burdens as a chance to prove their loyalty to God, they took each challenge in life as a test, they isolated themselves, they fasted, they endured the elements and cold, they took oaths to poverty and so on -- all with the foreknowledge that these were opportunities to prove their loyalty to God.

But God understands that it's not good for man to be alone, i think you may be giving yourself to hyperbole. Though I don't know what tests god intends for you, it may well be true that this test is yours and yours alone -- i don't know. 

Personally I have a mental conditions that makes real life conversation almost impossible, as a result I don't go out of my way to meet people in real life, it's been a long time since I've had a real discussion, but that's okay as I have a handful of good friends online. This one is my burden but I'm just glad I still have the capacity to have friends in some form or another. But really -- discuss it with God, see if it is yours, I know that God sends such tests to people, and these people are extremely strong, but he gives it to them because he knows they're capable of handling it. Perhaps you will be one of them, or perhaps not! It does require a lot of meditation with God.    

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,186
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

On 12/31/2017 at 3:18 PM, existential mabel said:

dunno if there are other folk reading this who are homegrown in thier bible studies. 

Hi Mabel.

Yes i am home grown.

By the end of 2002 God placed a very fervent desire in my heart to seek Him and His Word with my all.

I just got very thirsty to read His Word and my relationship with God since then has not stopped growing as I have seen what God can do when we are in good relationship with Him and His Word.  Its the Holy Spirit of God who teaches us and to understand His WORD.

A very good New Year 2018 to you

In Christ Jesus Always

1 to3

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

23 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Hi Mabel.

Yes i am home grown.

By the end of 2002 God placed a very fervent desire in my heart to seek Him and His Word with my all.

I just got very thirty to read His Word and my relationship with God since then has not stopped growing as I have seen what God can do when we are in good relationship with Him and His Word.  Its the Holy Spirit of God who teaches us and to understand His WORD.

A very good New Year 2018 to you

In Christ Jesus Always

1 to3

ah yes that's good to hear lol. i got the thirst in 2014 ignored it before then but with the age of the computer it has opened it up for me i can read and study within the context of the bible and looking at things on line if i want a bit more info.

a very good New Year to you as well. we got 55 mins until that happens

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

Are you and outgoing person or more of an introvert?

I believe introvert.

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

I do not know if you are disabled or not.

No, I am not.

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

But if you are mobile, and living close to people, you can also go and volunteer in a help shelter, or go to a hospital at feeding time and volunteer helping someone to eat .

It is already hard enough to go out and buy things I need... Then I would definitely need help to start any of those activities.

Interacting with people and showing them my feelings in person is not as easy as it seems. It is definitely something I have to practice more, if possible.

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

So with this said, i wish you a happy and safe New Year with God our Lord and Savior by your side always.

To you too. Thank you!

And I appreciate your time for writing this much... God bless you! :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Its the Holy Spirit of God who teaches us and to understand His WORD.

Definitely! The Lord teaches and guides us if we are really sincere about it.

59 minutes ago, secretopossumcabal said:

But God understands that it's not good for man to be alone, i think you may be giving yourself to hyperbole.

Yes, I am... I am not completely alone, but it seems so, especially in mind and interaction with people.

• Praying! 1

15 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Today I received the information I will be alone and friendless for the rest of life.

I really wanted it to be different, but it feels like things is not always the way I wanted it to be.

I started to receive this after praying, then it is really hard to know I will live in complete isolation for the rest of life.

OK, I feel I can be happy like that, as I was happy earlier this year... But it was just shocking to get this information, as I had hopes it could be different.

And I just need to talk about this, I have no one I can talk about this as you may have noticed... Thank you for hearing me!

And may this be another lesson for me...

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

And that I always put my trust in Him, always. If something is not the way it should be, then keep the faith and it will get better.

The Lord always help me when I need Him, and I could see this today.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

Now, I feel happy! I may still have some hopes, but those are good hopes.

What matters most is to live the way the Lord called me to, and to be of good faith.

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house." - Matthew 5:14-15

And I thank you all for talking to me... You surely helped me.

God bless you! :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, 1to3 said:

In Christ Jesus i stand;

Yes. Jim Staley like Hovind paid the price of his earlier mistakes. The ministry is still strong though and the adversary had gotten at so many that preach truth. In high places, there are so many that get away with far more fraud and silly ideas. But if you are a good ministry, you can be sure the principalities will try to silence you.

The idea is to smear names so none will listen. All the more reason to listen I think.
Pastor once told me - grab and eat the meat and not the bones. Bones are to be discerned.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

I can relate to how you are feeling. Sometimes I can be in a room full of people and still feel so lonely. I recently made a post about finding Christian friends - we'll see how that turns out. I'm very outgoing but most of the time I just end up with acquaintances. Yet I long for meaningful relationships. Despite this, I keep trying and I pray to God to bring the right people into my life. I encourage you to pray as well and I hope the feeling of loneliness passes. God bless you! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PrincessPeachy said:

I encourage you to pray as well and I hope the feeling of loneliness passes. God bless you!

It always passes, like a miracle. Glory to God!

And you're right, to pray is important!

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

God bless you! :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1