Loneliness and isolation

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am so sorry you are hurting. I don't really know how to fix loneliness other than try to be kind here! You can direct message me whenever! I am here for you man. I don't know of much pain worse than loneliness. I am with you!

Edited by TechEnthusiast
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

17 minutes ago, TechEnthusiast said:

I am so sorry you are hurting.

I was, I am fine now, thanks to God. Those moments usually do not last long.

18 minutes ago, TechEnthusiast said:

I don't really know how to fix loneliness other than try to be kind here!

I know, just abide in the Lord. :laugh:

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." - John 15:7

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't say just abide in the Lord. I want to try and be there for you too. If you love Jesus, I love you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 12/31/2017 at 1:40 PM, Justin Adams said:

That message might have been from the dark side. I have some ideas on how you may be able to tell that.

I just know that I am not going to be alone. Thanks to God!

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/31/2017 at 9:26 AM, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

No, I do not. Unfortunately. )':

Yes, it is very different.

I am surprised that you do not feel that you have any friends here.  We love each other because we have a mutual love for Christ.  I believe that makes us friends.  We may not know each other intimately but that comes with time.  

Edited by Blue Lulu
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Yes, you do have friends here.   I often read your topics or posts and enjoy them.  And you never know what will happen in the future regarding friends in your personal life.  In the meantime, we are friends here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Some of the people here do want to be friends, I'd say Debp is one of them, but others not so much. This part of the forums is better for friends. In other parts many people just want to argue and/or prove they're right. So avoid those boards. 

I remember responding to 1 of your threads once. I hope I didn't add to your misery. I'm 65, disabled, and virtually all my family is dead. The people who were my good friends 25 yrs ago have moved, are holding grudges (I know not why), some died, but in 1 way or another are all gone. Oh, one cousin is left but she's heavily into the New Age and considers me a fool for reading the Bible. I do what 1 person told you, I go out everyday and speak to clerks in stores. I try to treat them with kindness and love so most of them think I'm a crazy old man. They know I believe in God because I always speak of Him. But I'm an extrovert and all this is not a substitute for a real life friend. I know that because up until 2001 I had a few. I always wanted to be married but ever since I was about 18 I felt it would never happen. I still hope for it because you can never be too sure what God has planned for you. But I don't expect it anymore. I hope I didn't scare you by telling you this. I know nothing about you. I once met a young Christian girl who was convinced God was telling her to wait for this one guy who was 8 yrs older than her. I was sure that didn't come from God but I couldn't convince her. 

You say God told you that you will be alone and friendless for the rest of life. I don't know you but I wouldn't put much credibility into that unless you have a situation like mine. And remember, even I still hope a little. Maybe tomorrow I'll meet a friend. Maybe you will.

I'm sure you noticed many of us replied to your post. Some of us would be friends with you but you have to reach out. Send someone a PM. By doing that you can say things you'd rather not say on the open board. You'll know by the response you get if the person wants to get to know you better. Try it.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Like JTC, I also talk to clerks in stores or wherever kindly....just seems to be my nature, but it also helps you not to get lonely.  I also greet all of the neighbors I run into in the hall, etc.  Some of them I know like friends and others it's more of a hello thing only.

I knew a lady who said she was lonely and I found out she never spoke to her neighbors.   She would just pass them by, not even saying hello to them.  So maybe just reach out a little in these ways and you might even find a friend.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The truth: lonely is of flesh
Gal 5:16-17

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
KJV
In s/Spirit we are in the company of The Holy Spirit
John 14:16-18
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
KJV
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Ever consider that other people are just as scared to talk to you? Some people just hide it better.

In one of Paul's epistles he asks the question of How should we treat each each other? He says we should seek to build people up rather than than belittle them. Of course you often get hurt doing this but you have to remember you're obeying Jesus when we do this. It's hard but I started practicing this 20 yrs ago and I like I knowing I'm obeying the Lord. Granted most people don't do this but I take consolation that I'm doing what God wants. Every now and then you even make a friend. Unfortunately I discovered making new friends gets harder with age. I noticed this after 54 but after 60 it became very hard. I guess everyone assumes we all have family as friends. But many times we don't.

Most of my family has died and most of my youthful friends went their own way. Some moved, and I mean very far, like from NY to CA or Georgia, perhaps the Midwest, too far to drive there and besides I can no longer afford a car. So I had an idea and this is a good time to mention it. The Worthy Board has clubs doesn't it? My original idea was "Seniors Without Families". I'd start a blog page if I knew how. But maybe a club for people who just don't have friends. Is anyone interested in this? There would be no criticisms allowed. Not unless it's constructive criticism. I'm volunteering to oversee it. As I keep thinking of this I guess you don't have to be senior, but you shouldn't have much family. The reason being if you do have a lot of family the questions will arise as to why you don't get get along with your family. I'd rather avoid that. But there can be good reasons. I have 1 married female cousin but she's married to a self styled new age guru. He calls himself a doc but he his doctorate is from a fly by night Internet website. He also claims he's a priest - of sorts. Since I'm a Christian I can't get along with him very well. We also have 2 next generation cousins but my 1st cousin wants to convert him to their false religion. This is ok as far as joining the club goes. For all intents and purposes I have no family. I also have several cousins who consider themselves "Saved". But tell me, when did Jesus declare holding a grudge is no longer a sin. (sarcasm) How can you have a 1st cousin and hold a grudge for 17 yrs? I don't even know what they are angry about. I don't consider such people family. We can discuss these things in the club. Maybe I should have started a separate thread? But for now, is there any interest in this?   

• This is Worthy 1