IGNORED

Why am I here, why are you here, why is anyone here?

JTC

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

To win the race.

1 Corinthians 9:24  Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.

to win the race was for Paul, a worldly pursuit...for us our goal is to complete the race.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

3 hours ago, HisFirst said:

You know BL, the longer I live, the more I am coming to realise that our lives aren't our own, but for the benefit of others.

After all, when we are gone, we'll be but a memory to someone, and what will that memory be??

Yes, I agree. God's glory is His character of self-sacrificing love. As we bear witness to that through our sharing of the gospel, and live it out in our lives in service to others, we fulfill our duty to love God and neighbour, thus fulfilling all the law.And what else to we carry with us to heaven but our characters thus formed by our self-sacrificing surrender to Christ?

Edited by brakelite
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

[for me anyway] as for God's purpose for us:

"That he would grant unto us, that we...might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life." (Luke 1:74-75)

as for how the circumstances of our life is shaped by God: He..

"hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation." (Acts 17:26)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

16 hours ago, JTC said:

Yowm, Mostly I mean because he's a Jew. The owner, who's also a Jew, made a statement once that the NT isn't worth reading (something like that) only the OT is.

Eventually I'll see this man again. When I do I need to ask him what caused him to lose his faith. I should have asked today but I was already in there close to 30 min when he said that. But unless I'm reading those 2 men wrong they both want to be convinced to take God seriously. In another thread someone said that nowadays you never hear people speak of God anymore. Unfortunately I agree. It wasn't always like this. In the 60's, 70's and even the 80's occasionally you heard about God, but not now. Then I come along I mention God every chance I get. I feel like people hate this but I since I don't know who needs to hear about God and who doesn't I always bring Him up. I think both the owner and now this man like that I'm not afraid to talk of God. But it is different when you're speaking to a Jew (or ex-Jew) than when you're speaking to someone with a Christian background or even a total atheist.

Today many say they believe in God but they don't know God. Anyone can say they know God. Islam says they know God. If they knew God they would know Jesus. On the mountain Jesus took Peter and John. They looked up and saw Elijah  and Moses. Then Jesus ascended between them. Peter said let us build an alter to them. Then they heard the voice of God the Father. Jesus is my beloved son and in Him I am well pleased. Hear ye Him.  Steven said " I see Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

I am here because my mom and dad had unprotected sex. I have chosen to honor Christ with this miserable life that I exist in. I can only try.

God is the only One Who gives life,  and He never has done so wrongly.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

45 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Today many say they believe in God but they don't know God. Anyone can say they know God. Islam says they know God. If they knew God they would know Jesus. On the mountain Jesus took Peter and John. They looked up and saw Elijah  and Moses. Then Jesus ascended between them. Peter said let us build an alter to them. Then they heard the voice of God the Father. Jesus is my beloved son and in Him I am well pleased. Hear ye Him.  Steven said " I see Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father 

Beautiful observation mike.    NOW lets go tell that to rome , and all inclusive interfaith dung pile.

Watch out for it mike.    its spreading .  the concept of a universal fit all religion that welcomes all as soul mates regardless of belief , and hand joins n hand

for world peace .    Its a sham from satan.     By now I would be dumber than dumb if I did not know that in time ones like

me who refuse to say their is any other way TO GOD , ONLY CHRIST,   will be seen as monsters by all .

Well,   I forgive all who would hate me or persecute me.  BUT I WILL BE LONG DEAD and far stinking in the soil , before I ever agree with this sorry satanic

interfaith universal world hug for world peace crock of dark dung.    Yeah ,   lots of adjectives for it .    cause I hate the all inclusive agenda PEROID.

and its time to warn folks and REMIND many ,    JESUS is the ONLY WAY.............AND,  AND,  AND   HE aint the all inclusive minisitir is SIN EITHER .

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

God is the only One Who gives life,  and He never has done so wrongly.  

Sorry, GOD created Adam and Eve. Everyone else was "created" through procreation. GOD told Noah "As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." Gen 9:7 (NIV)

"Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.” Gen 4:1 (NIV) This shows that after GOD made Adam and Eve, the rest came from sex between a man and a woman. Whether or not our souls existed in heaven before our births remains to be revealed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Whether or not our souls existed in heaven before our births remains to be revealed.

I'm wondering where you got this idea from?

There sure are a lot of unusual ideas floating around lately. I used to think something similar to this but I thought of it to try and explain why we come to earth in such an unfair way. But as the years went by I found such ideas did me no good at all. What I realized is that there are many, many things we don't know about and often it's better that we don't know. The only really important thing is that we obey God. The more we don't do that the worse life on earth becomes.