• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

Hi again. Happy New Year first of all and best wishes for you! My question today is about the tithe, because i have changed a place to live and church, often i have to move from one country to another. My first church where i met with God and received my first Bible is in China, my brothers and sisters doing a great job coz it is pretty risky to evangelize in there so of course i gotta support them as much as i can with prayers and not only...another one is in my russian hometown as they being through much anger from orthodox religious believers and any financial supportion would be highly appreciated, so they can invite more people, organize lunch, holidays because you know...usually non christians would not come just to get the Holy Bible, gotta arrange some nice warm meeting , plus there are a lot of drug addictives and alcoholics who need to be feeded etc in my hometown. The third one i visit here in Korea, my church where we celebrating, praying, eating, evangelizing. Do i need to devide the tithe into 3 parts and send an amount to each one or can i just support the one which needs more help in my opinion? Im sorry if my question sound stupid but what is your experience? What did you do in such case?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

33 minutes ago, Evgeniya said:

Do i need to devide the tithe into 3 parts and send an amount to each one or can i just support the one which needs more help in my opinion?

39 minutes ago, Evgeniya said:

Im sorry if my question sound stupid but what is your experience? What did you do in such case?

I prefer not to be too legalistic about it, I would give tithe and offering for the church I congregate in. This sounds more reasonable.

But that does not mean I could help others if I could, but then that wouldn't be tithe but offering. And just give as much offering as you feel to.

But I would double check if the place you are contributing to is legit and are preaching truth.

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Like 4ld, I am not legalistic about tithing.  I find that donating your time and talents are just as much, if not more valuable of a gift than money, in my opinion.  Give as you are led to give would be my advice.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

Likewise, I agree with the two posters prior to me. Tithe to the church you are currently attending but feel free to support the others in various ways as you see fit. Happy New Year! ? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

Thank you for answering . I dont know why but usually i feel that if i will not donate to church then i might loose job or my phone or anything else , do i think too much? When i see how some charity is begging for help and i wont stand up and head to bank and donate doesnt matter how much then probably God will punish me by me loosing smth meaningful... Because it was His sign and my heart was touched but i didnt do a thing...? And also, once i forgot to send a tithe to church and after sometime there was a problem at work like the number of guests became extremely low in our restaurant, i was like Oh my God! It is because i havent send anything to church account! I was very scared then. Noone teached me to think this way, it is how i usually feel lol

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I tithe because I personally feel that God want me - personally - to do so.  I can't speak for anyone else.  It's important to practice our trust in God with our resources such as money, time, material possessions, talents, and more.  When we "let go" of a little of it and give it back to the one that gave it all to us, it an exercise in reliance on God.

Especially for those who have little to begin with or who have much and are dependent on the much more than they are dependent on God.

I've been in both places.    Being retired, I am in the former now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Honestly, it appears you may be thinking too much lol.  Let me put it this way.  God is not a beggar, He could make it rain money if He chose to do so.  No charity, ministry, or any other worthy cause will fail if they are truly following the Lord, He will meet their needs one way or the other.  You can't put yourself in a position where you don't have enough to eat, if you don't take care of yourself you will not be able to help anyone.  When it comes to giving, God is looking at your heart, and based on what you say, you don't strike me as a greedy person, so I highly doubt you have to worry about being punished.  Give what you can when you can, and don't let the enemy bury you in guilt.

II Corinthians 9:6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

20 minutes ago, Evgeniya said:

do i think too much?

Well, I believe you should examine this for yourself...

What are the reasons not to give it? It isn't that much, right?!

What are your priorities?

"Let all that you do be done with love." - 1 Corinthians 16:14

I have noticed that people in the world spend so much money in their things, passions, desires, and they go crazy about it. They invest huge amounts and they have no return that will last.

"And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.”" - Luke 12:15

But many go mean when it comes to contribute to the work of God... There are souls to be saved. Then I question why?! I know satan does not want souls to be saved.

When people contribute to the kingdom of God, they are contributing to the saving of souls through the Gospel, to help people who need, etc... And this will last to eternity.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:19-21

God bless you, in Jesus' name!

"But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver." - 2 Corinthians 9:6-7

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • This is Worthy 1

Thank you :) also, i have been thinking about smth...i was thinking about many hebrew financially blessed people who is added in the Forbes list like the head of facebook and others :D maybe it happens because their parents used to always share their tithes centuries ago. Therefore if i want my generation to be blessed in this life sphere then i gotta  act as a very Abrahams daughter while i live on this earth , if you know what i mean lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are not bound by the old testament system of giving 10% here and 10% there.  We give as God directs us.  I prioritize the same way as others have said.  I give mainly to the place I am being fed--my local church especially.  After that I give to missionaries, and poor churches, and to community outreaches.  But 2 Corinthians has much to say about giving to the poor churches.  We are to give to them out of our abundance so that when they have abundance they can help us when we are in need.  We are not to give so that we become needy.

2Co 8:1  ESV  We want you to know, brothers, about the grace of God that has been given among the churches of Macedonia,  2Co 8:2  for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part.  2Co 8:3  For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord,  2Co 8:4  begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints—  2Co 8:5  and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us.

2Co 8:12  For if the readiness is there, it is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what he does not have.  2Co 8:13  For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened, but that as a matter of fairness  2Co 8:14  your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness.

It is most important that we give as God leads us.  There have been times that we were in need, our pay had been cut by 20%, so we were unable to give any extra.  Other times we have had unexpected monies come and we were able to bless missions more than we had planned.  Sometimes we have given to the poor in our church.   This year my income has been reduced so I am still trying to figure it all out, since I have also had to replace and repair a lot of things.  So I have also been praying for wisdom about giving.

• This is Worthy 3
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1