Sign in to follow this  
Hmh123

Drawing meetup

Today on January 1st for the start of the New Year, I went to this new meet up I saw on the meetup app. I thought I’d check it out. I was a little anxious to go at first. I didn’t want to feel embarrassed that I didn’t have a degree so I thought this drawing meetup would be perfect for me because we would all be making light conversation while drawing so nothing too heavy. One girl instantly caught my attention when she said she was a Buddhist or agnostic. She wasn’t really sure! She let saying “idk, idk!”. She was clearly very confused and then by the end of the night in was talking to two older adults. One man maybe in his 60s and a Asian lady maybe in her late 30’s, early 40’s. They were not Christians and they were laughing to me about hell. They did not understand that list could be a sin. I said lust very much is a sin! I repeated Matthew 5:28 “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” And honestly I think this is right. I used to be a stripper and sometimes it just really creeped me out to know that all these men were looking at me. I had no problem being on the stage, but just the looks in some of their eyes.. idk it just felt wrong. Isn’t it better to love someone? Not lust after someone? These 2 people couldn’t understand that lust is a penality for death and that one must repent so Jesus can forgive you if your sins. There was even a Christian woman there and we were trying to get her into conversation with us with no avail :( she was not trying to speak up, but when I went over to her she told me, rather quietly, that she goes to Hillsong church in the city which is the church I used to go to! I had not been growing in that church so I started going to 3 different small churches so I could meet with people and be in fellowship with them. I invited her to bible study and I hope she comes with me to one. I know the Bible says not to waste your pearls on swine, but I hope what I did tonight was a good thing. I know it was a teeny seed, but I hope that one day I can effect someone. So far this has been a good New Years and this day taught me a lot. Even though I have done a lot of awful things that I kept on my conscience for a long time, there are people out there who need me. They need someone who is not afraid to speak the gospel. There are too many like warm Christians. Even though I’ve done a lot of sinful things in my life, there are people who are living “normally” filled with arrogance, and are so intellectual that they think they are superior to other people. Being around people who aren’t in Christ makes me feel better than church in a way cause at least I’m trying to make a difference. Being in a church is being around people who are already saved. 

Well HM123, you have a lot more courage that I do it seems. Well done!

Sign in to follow this