Divorce

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think God can lead you to a divorce? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Yahweh hates divorce. (He Says IN HIS WORD).

Check out Abigail in the Bible, as well.

Also, realize that men came up with many devices (deceptions), "instead" of Yahweh's Way.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God does not want anyone to get divorced. A person has to remember that they took their wedding vows before God. But in some circumstances I am afraid a person has no other alternative. There is going to be difficulty in marriage. It is not easy. But when both couples are born again Christians those problems are brought before God and resolved. In the case where there is an abusive spouse sometimes a person needs to get to safety. And if there are children involved they need to be safe as well. Then the spouse must leave. God does not want a person to be a doormat in a marriage. A man must be the husband that God wants him to be. A legal separation is then a wise move. If the abuse has not been resolved then a divorce in in order.

There are two biblical reasons for a divorce. One is infidelity and the other is if an unbeliever leaves. I have seen couples get back together when there has been infidelity but not always. Trust has been jeopardized. It is difficult to resolve the mistrust of infidelity. But that is a personal choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

no

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/2/2018 at 12:07 AM, PrincessLiana said:

Do you think God can lead you to a divorce? 

I won't issue a blanket no, but I think it is rare that it would be God's preferred direction in that it ultimately shows an inability or unwillingness to allow God to work in both partners to heal and restore the marriage.  In the case where one partner is unwilling to live a Christian live (which might include wanting to leave, adultery, or being abusive), I think that there are times where a separation and perhaps a divorce might be the direction God takes the other spouse.

Having said that, I've seen way too many divorces that ultimately seemed to be little more than "I'm not happy and don't want to work on it so I want out".

Having been married for over 30 years (with both of us coming from families where we have no divorces among our ancestors going back at least 4 or 5 generations and probably more), I'll say that making a marriage work takes effort and commitment.  The initial feelings of attraction and passion (largely infatuation-like in nature) start to fade.  Both partners change into different people.  Over time, both partners have to work at adjusting and adapting the marriage to the changes.  In good marriages, partners stick with it and adapt to these changes and feelings of attraction change into more of a feeling of familiarity, contentment, and satisfaction.  My young bride now has wrinkles and gray hair and is different than when we married.  There's about 30 pounds more of me and a lot less hair than I had and I probably have not changed in many ways she wishes I would have.  I no longer have the same feelings toward my wife I had 30 years ago, but 3 kids and decades later, I simply cannot imagine life without her.

I frankly have a lot of frustration about divorce where it is seems to be about "not feeling in love anymore" or "wanting to do something different with my life" types of things.   Those are situations where I seriously question if God leads people toward divorce.  Those are natural symptoms of change that can be worked through to a deeper and stronger stage of the marriage.  I think that this is partially why the divorce rate among subsequent marriages is higher than for first marriages, people have not learned how to work through the inevitable changes and give up too quickly.

Now, in situations where there is severe dysfunction such as abuse, addiction,or  illegal activities that threaten one spouse or the kids, I think that separation (and potentially divorce) can be merited.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, Butero said:

Your last paragraph here is spot on.  You give the only two Biblical grounds for divorce.  Why go beyond that in the first paragraph and give reasons not allowed Biblically?  I understand the need to get to safety if there is physical abuse, but that is not grounds for divorce.  God not desiring someone to be a doormat or a husband not being what God wants him to be are not Biblical grounds for divorce.  A legal separation is not a wise move in any case if God does not allow it.  

If there is abuse a person needs to be safe. Who wants to spend the rest of their life with someone who is abusive? Not only physical abuse but verbal and emotional abuse.  If the man continues to be abusive after a legal separation that is his choice. He loses his family. She can file for divorce and move on. The consequences of abuse.

That's exactly NOT what JESUS says , nor YHWH says, in the BIBLE.  Plan. Purpose. of YHWH'S KINGDOM.

Read of Abigail - a good wife to a bad man.  She did what is right, good and true.  Faithfully.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If there is abuse a person needs to be safe. Who wants to spend the rest of their life with someone who is abusive? Not only physical abuse but verbal and emotional abuse.  If the man continues to be abusive after a legal separation that is his choice. He loses his family. She can file for divorce and move on. The consequences of abuse.

THEY can NEVER remarry or its ADULTERY ONLY.    The words of our LORD cannot be omitted under any circumstance.  Nabal was a MAN OF BELIAL

of BELIAL and Abigail stayed with him.  TILL HE DIED.   D       I       E         D    .   then she was free to marry , and it was KING DAVID. 

but so long as that spouse lives  , the one who REMARRIES is called an ADULTERRER...............and here comes the upmost serious part of it all.

DO adulteres inherit the KINGDOM.  NOPE .     If one leaves LET THEM REMAIN SINGLE...........or be reconciled to the spouse again.  NO ALLOWANCE for marrying any other

SO long as the first husband or wife LIFES.     You be blessed miss muffet.    One thing I know , and this is KEY.  IF JESUS HIMSELF , who is THE ONLY LORD ,

said this , ITS HIS LAW and thus cannot be changed nor altered.  WE have to SEE  JESUS as supreme to be obeyed above all men . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

WE have to SEE  JESUS as supreme to be obeyed above all men . 

Amen.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Amen.

Here is something that is going to be so terrifying for so many who had even said IN HIS NAME , on JUDGMENT day.

WHY do you CALL ME LORD..........and yet DO NOT the THINGS WHICH I SAY.     mouth only LORD saves none.    We are truly the servants of WHOM WE OBEY.

and it cannot be , and it will not be, and it must not be...........THE TWO MASTER SYNDROME.   ITS EITHER CHRIST we obey or we deceive ONLY US.  

• Praise God! 1