Mystic_Pizza

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I have a strange question to ask, and I've wondered about this for years- hopefully, someone has some insight..?

In the past I've read and seen things online (movies, documentaries, etc.) about various...'hauntings', etc.- the Smurls come to mind, the Amityville business (if that one is true, have no idea on any of them, really), and a smattering of others over the years- and there seems to be one common thread running through it that I've noticed: the people it happens to, seem to almost always be Catholic. Unless I'm mistaken, but I have to say that's the one thing I look for whenever I hear or read about things like this-

I've tried 'googling' it 20 ways to Tuesday, and nothing comes up about it, I mean literally nothing, nada, zilch- and I'm having trouble trying to figure out just what the connection is, here, and there does somehow seem to be some sort of a connection...does being Catholic (which I'm not) somewhat 'target' people for things like that, on occasion? Although I have NO problem with people who are Catholic, for me there was just too much 'pageantry', rote recitation, involvement with saints,etc. involved, and it always gave me an uncomfortable feeling- this does NOT mean I don't believe Catholics are not 'saved', I think the Lord looks deep into each heart for the truth about what it is that they are all about where He is concerned...and I don't believe being 'Catholic', 'Protestant', 'Lutheran', etc. has a thing in the world to do with any of it..but again, that's just me.

So! Anybody have a clue, here? lol~ 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

So! Anybody have a clue, here? lol~

Check out Nimrod, Semiramis, Tammuz and the early Roman Church in Constantinople. Semiramis is 'the queen of heaven' and unfortunately, some of this infected the roman church. Ishtar and all that is unholy surrounding this ethos is also a part of the Roman yearly celebrations which were openly pagan to begin with and then had 'christian' stuff glossing them over. But the root is demonic. SUN-day, Easter (Ishtar), Halloween, X-mas (SUN-god yearly festival). It has unmistakable roots I am afraid so it does not surprise me. Mary is oft referred to as The Queen of Heaven, and the doctrine of her perpetual sinlessness and virginity is an obvious ploy and untrue. Some pray to Mary which opens a very unhealthy spiritual door. They call her the mother of god - another reference to Semiramis.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Check out Nimrod, Semiramis, Tammuz and the early Roman Church in Constantinople. Semiramis is 'the queen of heaven' and unfortunately, some of this infected the roman church. Ishtar and all that is unholy surrounding this ethos is also a part of the Roman yearly celebrations which were openly pagan to begin with and then had 'christian' stuff glossing them over. But the root is demonic. SUN-day, Easter (Ishtar), Halloween, X-mas (SUN-god yearly festival). It has unmistakable roots I am afraid so it does not surprise me. Mary is oft referred to as The Queen of Heaven, and the doctrine of her perpetual sinlessness and virginity is an obvious ploy and untrue. Some pray to Mary which opens a very unhealthy spiritual door. They call her the mother of god - another reference to Semiramis.

That's actually interesting- I've heard about some of the things you mentioned in passing, such as Mary Queen of Heaven, and it seems I heard something a while back about the Catholic Church looking into possibly making her co-redemptrix, co-mediatrix, etc.- I guess the one thing I have a problem with and maybe it's because I'm just not seeing it correctly, but where Jesus speaks about how a 'house divided against itself cannot stand', when the...Pharisees (?) accused Him of doing the devil's work by casting out demons and He said something about Satan not casting out Satan, etc.- something along those lines- so when I see something of this nature with all of the business about priests, etc. going out to an 'infested' house and doing the whole...exorcism-type thing, and the family 'smelling roses' which is supposedly a sign of Mary, etc., etc., I could go on....I just wonder about it all, why 'Catholics', where does the whole 'house divided' come into play- and yet, what you said up there in your post I'm sure is absolutely true- - so I guess this would mean I need to look a lot closer, lol. 

I would suspect that I'm going far too much on 'feelings', and I know when it comes right down to it this is not the right way to 'discern'....but all things of that nature (Catholicism) have always made me feel..uncomfortable, like something isn't right, etc., and it's not the first time things like that have happened that way for me- maybe that is discernment, who can say.

Either way, thank you for your input, Justin- I will definitely check it all out! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

Either way, thank you for your input, Justin- I will definitely check it all out!

I will send you  a link if you like.

Yes, please do~

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Question, Mystic Pizza; what are "Smurls"?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I've tried 'googling' it 20 ways to Tuesday, and nothing comes up about it, I mean literally nothing, nada, zilch- and I'm having trouble trying to figure out just what the connection is, here, and there does somehow seem to be some sort of a connection..

The censorship has created a void, partially,  and things you could have found out 10 years ago are no longer found anywhere.    The lie has replaced the truth, and the truth is called a lie (publicly and overall).

Here's one sample to get a start looking if you still want to:

The antichrist spirit of ancient pagan Babylon, though seemingly long fallen, lives in the rites and blasphemies of the Roman Catholic religion. Now that ancient ... What a Satanic scam! The queen of .... Fresenborg). Fifty Years in the Church of Rome (a book exposing Catholicism, written by former priest, Charles Chiniquy).

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Question, Mystic Pizza; what are "Smurls"?

Hi MorningGlory, I was talking about Jack and Janet Smurl, and their family- they had a nasty infestation (I don't know what else to call it...that's what everyone seems to call it, lol) and there was a book out about them, I want to say it's called "The Haunted" or something very similar. I think they were in Pennsylvania, and I want to say this happened in the....early 80s, or thereabout?

18 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The censorship has created a void, partially,  and things you could have found out 10 years ago are no longer found anywhere.    The lie has replaced the truth, and the truth is called a lie (publicly and overall).

Here's one sample to get a start looking if you still want to:

The antichrist spirit of ancient pagan Babylon, though seemingly long fallen, lives in the rites and blasphemies of the Roman Catholic religion. Now that ancient ... What a Satanic scam! The queen of .... Fresenborg). Fifty Years in the Church of Rome (a book exposing Catholicism, written by former priest, Charles Chiniquy).

Thank you, simplejeff -- I will definitely check it out- between you and Justin, there's definitely some things to look into- I guess it never even occurred to me to check into the fact that the Catholic Church truly is ancient, and probably has a lot of....questionable thoughts and ideas..I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box today, lol~

• Thumbs Up 1