IGNORED

Just where does the "Father" fall in to place? How about the Holy Spirit?

Mike 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Joh 15:26  "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf.

Joh 16:7  However, I am telling you the truth. It is for your advantage that I am going away, because if I do not go away the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 
Joh 16:8  When he comes, he will convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment— 
Joh 16:9  of sin, because they do not believe in me; 
Joh 16:10  of righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; 
Joh 16:11  and of judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged. 
Joh 16:12  "I still have a lot to say to you, but you cannot bear it now. 
Joh 16:13  Yet when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own accord, but will speak whatever he hears and will declare to you the things that are to come. 
Joh 16:14  He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 

Joh 16:15  All that the Father has is mine. That is why I said, 'He will take what is mine and declare it to you.' 

So does the Holy Spirit come from the Father or from Jesus?

and....

if the Holy Spirit is not speaking on his own accord, on whose behalf is he speaking?

How does this relate to 1Co 2:10  But God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the deep things of God. 

Do the deep things of God have anything to do with the Father?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

Joh 15:26  "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf.

Joh 16:7  However, I am telling you the truth. It is for your advantage that I am going away, because if I do not go away the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 
Joh 16:8  When he comes, he will convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment— 
Joh 16:9  of sin, because they do not believe in me; 
Joh 16:10  of righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; 
Joh 16:11  and of judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged. 
Joh 16:12  "I still have a lot to say to you, but you cannot bear it now. 
Joh 16:13  Yet when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own accord, but will speak whatever he hears and will declare to you the things that are to come. 
Joh 16:14  He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 

Joh 16:15  All that the Father has is mine. That is why I said, 'He will take what is mine and declare it to you.' 

Both.

and....

if the Holy Spirit is not speaking on his own accord, on whose behalf is he speaking?

He testifies on Jesus' behalf.  That's in the Scripture you quoted.

How does this relate to 1Co 2:10  But God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the deep things of God. 

Yes.   He is talking about deeper, more mature spiritual understanding of the things of God.  The Holy Spirit is our teacher. He illuminates the Scriptures to our minds and hearts and gives us greater understanding.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

23 hours ago, Yowm said:

Is this Filioque II?

No, it's Mike2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are one and the same being, the Trinity. 

The finite human mind can not fully comprehend that. It's a deep theological mystery many wonder about. God is One, but it's evident they are separate, equal and distinct. I consider that to be one of the deep things of God, and above my pay grade to understand. I take it by faith what the Lord reveals about Himself in His Word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎3‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:33 AM, Mike 2 said:

and....

Hi Mike,

Really good question there bro. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal as regards to - unanimity, (one mindedness), equality and unity. Then as regards operating there is a sequence -

Divine  Procession.

Godhead - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit proceeds

* from the Father and

* from the Son and

* so through the Body of Christ and it members.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

He has been WITH you .      JESUS IS the HOLY SPIRIT.    the spirit of GOD which is within us.   

that SPIRIT of Christ that followed them in the desert.

The WORD is GOD , the SPIRIT is GOD .

MY LORD and MY GOD..................one of the twelve said , after seeing Him resurrected.    God resurrected the SON

yet JESUS also says............I HAVE POWER to lay it down and I HAVE POWER to raise it up.     

The Father IS HIS OWN ESSENCE ,  JESUS , SPIRIT , IS the ESSENCE OF GOD .    

• Praise God! 1

Onward christain soldiers , onward in the Lord.

To the Lord be the glory no matter what we lose in this life, 

no matter what the cost,  the gain of KNOWING CHRIST ,   IS THE GAIN.    onward peoples , onward in the Lord.

A monster with great threshing teeth is being formed by the preaching of the all inclusive mindset,  this monster will turn

on the true lambs in time to come.    Do we fear it...................a RESOUNDING NO WAY.    Onward, onward in the LORD peoples

for whether we live or die.  WE the LORDS.     

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

this monster will turn

on the true lambs in time to come. 

Not just  nor only in time to come, but in the past few decades for people here, long and short time members.

Both "true" and "false" ,  'lambs'.  (the undeceived ones (true believers saved in Christ), and the completely deceived ones already all their lives deceived (thinking they are saved) and not admitting nor realizing this but fighting tooth and nail whenever it is brought out to the LIGHT  ...)

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Not just  nor only in time to come, but in the past few decades for people here, long and short time members.

Both "true" and "false" ,  'lambs'.  (the undeceived ones (true believers saved in Christ), and the completely deceived ones already all their lives deceived (thinking they are saved) and not admitting nor realizing this but fighting tooth and nail whenever it is brought out to the LIGHT  ...)

That battle has raged since long long ago.   the weapon I speak off , will be actual Death for us .    This whole world under the all inclusive stink pot

will in time come FULL FORCE against the lambs.     NO FEAR ,   I had rather die ten thousand deaths and be buried under ten feet of DUNG

than to sell even ONE of JESUS sayings .   THIS sorry wicked all inclusive is of satan himself.    That is right ,  SATAN himself

and though I know in time it will cost many of us our lives,   SO BE IT ..................JESUS IS MY HOPE and at my death its only JOY. amen.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Some really different ideas about a trinity.