• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone,

I am a professor at a local college and have recently been suffering from anxiety and deep depression. I am in need of prayers. I often feel very lonely and isolated. My job is very stressful and I have little to no social life. I am 38 and unmarried. I fear the idea of marriage perhaps due to my own parents' marriage which was very timultuous growing up. I pray everyday that God deliver me from this experience. I currently take meds (I tried for a long time not to) because my mind seems so cluttered and stressed out. Can someone please pray for me?

Thank you and God bless you.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Praying

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I will pray.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with meds.  They shouldn't be a crutch or first resort, but they do help me - I know, I take Prozac.

Consider some counseling from a pastor or Godly doctor.  My doctor is a Christian and uses scripture, medical advise, and more.  He is wonderful.  Ask your primary doctor for a reputable counselor/Christian counselor.  And if your pastor's talents do not lie in counseling, there are other pastors you can find that are.

Anxiety, fear, depression .... it's all real and can all be treated and healed.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

54 minutes ago, beblessed79 said:

Hello everyone,

I am a professor at a local college and have recently been suffering from anxiety and deep depression. I am in need of prayers. I often feel very lonely and isolated. My job is very stressful and I have little to no social life. I am 38 and unmarried. I fear the idea of marriage perhaps due to my own parents' marriage which was very timultuous growing up. I pray everyday that God deliver me from this experience. I currently take meds (I tried for a long time not to) because my mind seems so cluttered and stressed out. Can someone please pray for me?

Thank you and God bless you.

I am the queen of anxiety. I have suffered with anxiety all my life. Anxiety and depression go hand in hand. They work together. I cut out all caffeine in my life. Coffee, chocolate, caffeinated soda pop. That has helped a lot . I only consume white tea which has very little caffeine. That is good that you have given your life to God in prayer. Allow Him to be #1 in your life and give Him your life, your heart and your mind. When I am feeling anxious I immediately tell God what I am experiencing even though I know that He already knows. I ask Him to give me an inner peace. If you are taking Ativan which is a benzodiazepine you will become addicted to them and it will be very, very hard to come off the medication. Never ever go off Ativan cold turkey without consulting your doctor first.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/05/1984

I totally understand how you are feeling, and I will pray for you. Similar to you I have anxiety, and I am 33 and never married. I was also a former teacher so I understand the stress the profession can cause. 

I was diagnosed with anxiety after my mom died when I was a senior in high school although I think I’ve had it all my life. It got even worse after my dad died about 6 years ago. I was on anxiety meds, specifically Klonopin which helped a lot but was addicting. I didn’t realize it until I lost my insurance and had to stop taking it. It was horrible! So I agree, be careful of medicines especially benzodiazepines. 

When I’m feeling anxious I like to pray or talk to God. I also know that it’s helped me to read the Bible or do a devotional, which I really need to do when I’m not feeling anxious. If you’d like to talk I’m here for you. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Praying for you tonight!  Praying God will help you get to the root of the anxiety and depression and get healing!!  God loves you sooo much!!

Edited by HikerMom
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you Willa, Jayne, Missmuffet, Princess Peachy, HikerMom, and BK1110.

I felt all of your prayers I thank you so much. I am currently seeing a Christian therapist who is helping me to combat my illness. I know that God is delivering me from all of this and will heal me, I believe, I believe! I am convinced Satan attacks the most sensitive and purist of souls. The closer we get to God, the more he attacks.

I will continue to keep praying and reading scripture and repeating "Get thee behind me, Satan, for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve"-Luke 4:8

and

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"-2 Corinthians 10: 5

and

" Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" - Ephesians 6:10-11

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

1 hour ago, beblessed79 said:

Thank you Willa, Jayne, Missmuffet, Princess Peachy, HikerMom, and BK1110.

I felt all of your prayers I thank you so much. I am currently seeing a Christian therapist who is helping me to combat my illness. I know that God is delivering me from all of this and will heal me, I believe, I believe! I am convinced Satan attacks the most sensitive and purist of souls. The closer we get to God, the more he attacks.

I will continue to keep praying and reading scripture and repeating "Get thee behind me, Satan, for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve"-Luke 4:8

and

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"-2 Corinthians 10: 5

and

" Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" - Ephesians 6:10-11

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Praying for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

i find in the deep darktimes i phone a prayer line dont know where you are but where i am there is a free phone one! and they have been very helpful. maybe google one. that is what i did i think.

• Thumbs Up 1