Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Question:  Who are the governers of Judah?  I am trying to solve this little puzzle.

Zechariah 12:1   The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Zechariah 12:2   Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:3   And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12:4   In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

Zechariah 12:5   And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

Zechariah 12:6   In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:7   The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

Zechariah 12:8   In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zechariah 12:9   And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:10   And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zechariah 12:11   In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zechariah 12:12   And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

Zechariah 12:13   The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

Zechariah 12:14   All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

Obadiah 1:21   And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S.

saviours plural?

mount = kingdom

mount Zion = kingdom of God

mount of Esau = Kingdom of those who sold their inheritance.  (spiritual land of Edom, not physical, but whoever shares the same spirit as Esau)

Recap

Zechariah 12:6   In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:7   The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

David of old was Judah, and Jerusalem was also Judah, but in Zion now, the Kingdom of God,  Judah follows after Christ.

Revelation 5:5   And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Whether one be from Africa, India, Jerusalem, or the West, ...there is no difference, .....all who are serving the Lamb are now Christ's seed, and are spiritually called Judah because they have adopted Christ's spirit.  Judah is the new royal kingdom, after Christ's heart, and they will rule with their King, the Lord Jesus Christ as soon as they are given their crowns and white robes.

In the Kingdom of God, there is an organised ruling structure.  Not all can be kings, or priests, or governors, but order and rank will be given from the brightest star to the least.  Each will have their own different glory and will be repaid according to what he has invested for the Lord.

When Christ's feet will touch the Mt of Olives, he will not be alone.  His host will be with him, whoever he chooses. He will lure the armies towards him for battle.  Besides his angels, who is Christ standing with?  Judah, with their crowns already given. 

Who will they fight for?  The house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all the families of Israel.

Zechariah 12:5   And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

Zechariah 12:8   In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

(their faith will be so strong, as no man can harm any-more, their enemies will be killed before them. The Lord has come to rescue)

Zechariah 12:10   And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

(They will realise the one they rejected has come to save, and will have mixed feelings of joy and sorrow, confidence and shame)

Zechariah 12:11   In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zechariah 12:12   And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

Zechariah 12:13   The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

Zechariah 12:14   All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

They will not magnify themselves against Christ's loyal, .....Judah ....ever again.  The new Judah which will now reign with Christ.  And Judah will not lift herself up against Jerusalem also (the other tent of Judah, who claimed Christ, but was proud and stumbled)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,679
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  1

I dont know if anyone has picked up on this or not but I believe a small amount of people who dwell in Israel today will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and this is why.

I believe the little nation of Israel is the little horn of the beast.The other ten horns are its Islamic neighbors.Anyways,I dont believe the mark of the beast will be worldwide.I believe it will be given to everyone in Israel except the few Israelis who serve christ there. Ive read how they give up everything to follow Jesus.They will be hated by everyone and treated as traitors .Thier own families will,even betray many of them to death.

They walk in Jesus footsteps preaching to thier own and being persecuted for it.They, as watchmen willbe warningthe people of the wrath to come,andto repent because the kingdom of heaven is at hand.They willbe laughed at ,rejected,persecuted and some of them murdered for the testimony of Jesus and the word of God.

They dont worship the country of Israel or that kingdom and wont recieve its mark.

This is why I beieve those Israelis willbe greatest in the kingdom of heaven and will reign with Christ. As for if they could be referd to as "govenors of judah",I dont know.

http://biblehub.com/revelation/20-4.htm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

16 hours ago, Sister said:

Question:  Who are the governers of Judah?  I am trying to solve this little puzzle.

Zechariah 12:1   The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Zechariah 12:2   Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:3   And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12:4   In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

Zechariah 12:9   And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Perhaps there is a dual prophesy here?

This supposes a union between the two kingdoms of Israel and Judah. Today there is no division, Israel is one kingdom.

I take the majority of your scripture to be describing the Ezekiel 38: Gog - Magog invasion. Today Israel, Jerusalem in particular is a cup of trembling to the world and center of attention. The 'world' today is against Israel in general and Jerusalem in particular via UN resolutions condemning Israel at every turn. Dictating to Israel where they may and may not build, where their Capitol will be, dividing the land with a two state solution, etc. 

I suspect the governors mentioned applying to modern times of the Gog - Magog invasion are the leadership of Israel; political and military.

10 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Perhaps there is a dual prophesy here?

This supposes a union between the two kingdoms of Israel and Judah. Today there is no division, Israel is one kingdom.

I take the majority of your scripture to be describing the Ezekiel 38: Gog - Magog invasion. Today Israel, Jerusalem in particular is a cup of trembling to the world and center of attention. The 'world' today is against Israel in general and Jerusalem in particular via UN resolutions condemning Israel at every turn. Dictating to Israel where they may and may not build, where their Capitol will be, dividing the land with a two state solution, etc. 

I suspect the governors mentioned applying to modern times of the Gog - Magog invasion are the leadership of Israel; political and military.

Hi Dennis1209

You are right, Jerusalem is the centre of attention on the world stage, and the bait for all the nations leading up to the end times.  We all know that the Son of Perdition is coming, and Satan is using his man to stir up trouble in Jerusalem to bring hardship to the Jews....but not only for the Jews, for he hates also Judah, ....the new Judah who follow Christ which are not all Jews, but from all over the world - gentiles that have conformed to Christ's spirit.

Christ told us that whoever follows him and overcomes, will reign with him, so the saints in Christ are now JUDAH, because we follow that line...Christ of the Royal heavenly kingdom.

But there are many tents of Judah.  The old Judah is gone, but the new Judah started with Christ's 12 apostles, so there's that group.  And in Revelation there are the 24 elders, which I believe are made up of the 12 apostles, and other disciples such as Paul, Stephen and whoever else etc.  In the vision, they had already received their crowns, and white robes but were only sitting on seats, not thrones....because it's not time yet.

Revelation 4:4   And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Then we have the 144K, that tent, who are mentioned here with Christ as the first-fruits;

Revelation 14:1   And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Revelation 14:4   These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

and the other group, the multitude of Christ's followers, in another tent, hence "tents" of "Judah"

Regardless, all concerning Christ are now under the tents of Judah and will reign with Christ, therefore "the governors of Judah" will be one of these groups and not the actual physical tribe of Judah, because there is a separation when God said;

The house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem used to be Judah, but it's switched now, for the governors of Judah will fight for them (Saints), and the old Judah will mourn for Christ.  The house of David are not called Judah anymore in this prophesy.  Can you see the distinction?

14 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I dont know if anyone has picked up on this or not but I believe a small amount of people who dwell in Israel today will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and this is why.

I believe the little nation of Israel is the little horn of the beast.The other ten horns are its Islamic neighbors.Anyways,I dont believe the mark of the beast will be worldwide.I believe it will be given to everyone in Israel except the few Israelis who serve christ there. Ive read how they give up everything to follow Jesus.They will be hated by everyone and treated as traitors .Thier own families will,even betray many of them to death.

They walk in Jesus footsteps preaching to thier own and being persecuted for it.They, as watchmen willbe warningthe people of the wrath to come,andto repent because the kingdom of heaven is at hand.They willbe laughed at ,rejected,persecuted and some of them murdered for the testimony of Jesus and the word of God.

They dont worship the country of Israel or that kingdom and wont recieve its mark.

This is why I beieve those Israelis willbe greatest in the kingdom of heaven and will reign with Christ. As for if they could be referd to as "govenors of judah",I dont know.

Hi Shilohsfoal

Thank you for your thoughts.  I believe the saints who follow Christ will be first in the kingdom and will rule with Christ so it's not according to the bloodline, but the heart.

1 hour ago, Sister said:

Hi Shilohsfoal

Thank you for your thoughts.  I believe the saints who follow Christ will be first in the kingdom and will rule with Christ so it's not according to the bloodline, but the heart.

These are saints who follow Christ.I believe they are also Israelis. 

http://biblehub.com/matthew/10-23.htm

Were you planning on going to Israel to be persecuted along with these ?

Shilohsfoal

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

These are saints who follow Christ.I believe they are also Israelis. 

Revelation 20:4   And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This applies to anyone living in the end times who overcomes..... Jews and Gentiles.

Revelation 13:16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Revelation 13:17   And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Did you notice something leading up to Rev 20:4?

Revelation 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

What happens next?

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/10-23.htm

Were you planning on going to Israel to be persecuted along with these ?

I will be persecuted in my own country.

Who was Jesus specifically speaking to here?

Matthew 10:5   These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Matthew 10:6   But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 10:7   And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 10:8   Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Matthew 10:9   Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

Matthew 10:10   Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Matthew 10:11   And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

Matthew 10:12   And when ye come into an house, salute it.

Matthew 10:13   And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Matthew 10:14   And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Matthew 10:15   Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 10:16   Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Matthew 10:17   But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

Matthew 10:18   And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

Matthew 10:19   But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Matthew 10:20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:21   And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 10:22   And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 10:23   But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Christ was specifically addressing his apostles, his anointed. 

Yes, and mixed in there are some end time events. The two witnesses will fulfill this, God's other 2 annointed.

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Shilohsfoal

Revelation 20:4   And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This applies to anyone living in the end times who overcomes..... Jews and Gentiles.

Revelation 13:16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Revelation 13:17   And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Did you notice something leading up to Rev 20:4?

Revelation 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

What happens next?

I will be persecuted in my own country.

Who was Jesus specifically speaking to here?

Matthew 10:5   These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Matthew 10:6   But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 10:7   And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 10:8   Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Matthew 10:9   Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

Matthew 10:10   Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Matthew 10:11   And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

Matthew 10:12   And when ye come into an house, salute it.

Matthew 10:13   And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Matthew 10:14   And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Matthew 10:15   Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 10:16   Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Matthew 10:17   But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

Matthew 10:18   And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

Matthew 10:19   But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Matthew 10:20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:21   And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 10:22   And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 10:23   But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Christ was specifically addressing his apostles, his anointed. 

Yes, and mixed in there are some end time events. The two witnesses will fulfill this, God's other 2 annointed.

If Jesus was speaking to his apostles and telling them they will,not have gone over Al the cities of Israel till he comes then they are all over 2000 years old today.

The testiony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy .I believe I know who Jesus is speaking to and it isn't the 12 apostles.Im sure they have died by now.

And i dont believe there are only two people going to go throughout Israel being persecuted and dyeing.

http://biblehub.com/daniel/11-33.htm

When the mark of the beast is given,in Israel,there will be many Christians dying there.

Not just two.