• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, the RCC worships Mary. They think she has no sin. But she needed a savior just like you and I.

I agree, when Mary ask Jesus to make more wine, IMO she was concerned with worldly things, like wanting the reception to go smoothly, 

I do believe she was a blessed woman, a amazing woman, but just like anyone person we can be concerned with worldly things that are not really that important. Ok so what if people would have left the reception saying o my they ran out of wine quick, what a poor wedding reception.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Royal Member

typo, any person

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I researched purgetory not long ago and found the very idea repulsive.....the more I learned the more it broke my heart.....an unbiblical fairy tail ,which at its very core says the precious Blood of our Saviour is not capable of purging the sins of  man. “ we “ have to be willing to be punished for the sins that Christ somehow couldn’t handle.His blood has no more power than the ancient Jewish sacrifices. It effectively reduces the value of the blood of Jesus to that of A goat. Not that much of a stretch from a belief in purgatory to a belief that Mary is a god.

Edited by Sam Smith
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

24 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:

I researched purgetory not long ago and found the very idea repulsive.....the more I learned the more it broke my heart.....an unbiblical fairy tail ,which at its very core says the precious Blood of our Saviour is not capable of purging the sins of  man. “ we “ have to be willing to be punished for the sins that Christ somehow couldn’t handle.His blood has no more power than the ancient Jewish sacrifices. It effectively reduces the value of the blood of Jesus to that of A goat. May God have mercy.

Without this becoming a " slam the Catholics" thread the Bible does not say anything about purgatory.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

LUKE 1:47 "and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior"

Mary readily acknowledged her sinfulness. She was chosen to be Emmanuel's earthly mother because of her faith and walk with the Lord.

And I do not pray to Mary.  She is not God, Jesus is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 1/5/2018 at 4:40 PM, BeyondET said:

I agree, when Mary ask Jesus to make more wine, IMO she was concerned with worldly things, like wanting the reception to go smoothly, 

I do believe she was a blessed woman, a amazing woman, but just like anyone person we can be concerned with worldly things that are not really that important. Ok so what if people would have left the reception saying o my they ran out of wine quick, what a poor wedding reception.

Hang on, where did she ask Jesus anything at the wedding?

She didnt. She made an observation. Thats all.

We may affirm that by the will of God, nothing is given to us without Mary's mediation, in such a way that just as no one can approach the Almighty Father but through His Son, so no one, so to speak, can approach Christ but through His Mother.Pope Leo XIII, Adjutricem populi, 5 September 1895: http://www.rosarychurch.net/mary/mediatrix.html

Pope Leo XIII, Adjutricem populi, 5 September 1895: O Virgin most holy, none abounds in the knowledge of God except through thee. None, O Mother of God, obtains salvation except through thee. None receives a gift from the throne of mercy except through thee.

From Bishop Liguoris' "The Glories of Mary", APPROVED by the vatican! "She (Mary) is . . . the ONLY hope of sinners: (p. 69),"We will be heard and saved sooner by going to Mary, and invoking her holy name, than that of Jesus our Savior. We will find salvation sooner going to the mother than going to the Son" (p. 82),"Many things asked of God and not received are asked and received from Mary (p. 82). All obey the precepts of Mary, even God" (p. 115). ALL CATHOLIC LIES!

CHAPTER III. 

SECT. 1. Hail, our hope ! Mary is the hope of all 115 

SECT. 2. Mary, the hope of sinners 187 

The catholic organisation teaches that mary is "Debtor to sinners", "Ladder and vehicle to Heaven", "Throne of grace", "Dispensatrix of graces". These are all LIES, for these titles belong to Jesus Christ, NOT mary.

"honor the Virgin Mary, and ye shall have life and eternal salvation"

In 1904 POPE PIUS X told catholics they have to worship mary.

"For to be right and good, worship of the Mother of God ought to spring from the heart; acts of the body have here neither utility nor value if the acts of the soul have no part in them" ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS X ON THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION Given at Rome in St. Peter's on the second day of February, 1904, in the first year of Our Pontificate. http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_x/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-x_enc_02021904_ad-diem-illum-laetissimum_en.html

17. For to be right and good, worship of the Mother of God ought to spring from the heart; acts of the body have here neither utility nor value if the acts of the soul have no part in them. Now these latter can only have one object, which is that we should fully carry out what the divine Son of Mary commands. For if true love alone has the power to unite the wills of men, it is of the first necessity that we should have one will with Mary to serve Jesus our Lord. What this most prudent Virgin said to the servants at the marriage feast of Cana she addresses also to us: "Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye" (John ii., 5).

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius10/p10imcon.htm

CCC 2676, 2675, 2679 teaches prayers to mary.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with Mary. None of the Apostles ever mentioned Mary in their Epistles. Jesus never directed us to recognize Mary. In fact, the Bible clearly states in Matthew 11:11 that there has never been a child born amongst women greater than John the Baptist.

Nowhere does the Bible says Mary was sinless or the exception to sin passed on from each generation. For such a miraculous event the Bible surely would have spoken to this issue. Catholics do not find this doctrine from the context of Scripture but from making a pretext out of the Scripture from their Church tradition (which happens to be written down). But again it is not apostolic tradition. If Mary was conceived without sin then her parents would have certainly known and would have assumed she was to bare the Messiah. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On January 8, 2018 at 5:44 AM, KiwiChristian said:

Hang on, where did she ask Jesus anything at the wedding?

She didnt. She made an observation. Thats all.

Why do you think Jesus made wine, for his mother came to him telling him they ran out of wine.

now if your going to nit pick every statement, you'll have a hard time getting through scripture, a lot of things are common sense, yea she didn't directly say Son make more wine, but it doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to figure out why Mary came to Jesus about running out of wine, because Mary knew Jesus could fix the shortage of wine.

Jesus answer, woman why are you concern with this, my time has not come yet, not word for word but along those lines, surely she was asking him to do something.

Edited by BeyondET

20 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Why do you think Jesus made wine, for his mother came to him telling him they ran out of wine.

now if your going to nit pick every statement, you'll have a hard time getting through scripture, a lot of things are common sense, yea she didn't directly say Son make more wine, but it doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to figure out why Mary came to Jesus about running out of wine, because Mary knew Jesus could fix the shortage of wine.

Jesus answer, woman why are you concern with this, my time has not come yet, not word for word but along those lines, surely she was asking him to do something.

I am not nitpicking at all.

I am just saying mary asked him NOTHING.

Catholics also try to use John 2:3-7 to say that they show Mary had parental authority over Jesus. However, they show just the opposite. Notice that when Mary tries to exercise parental authority Jesus rejects it (v. 4, note-NOT disrespect to Mary) for as He says in Luke 2:49, parental authority is to His heavenly Father and not those allowed to watch over their Creator here on earth. 

It is only when she acknowledges Jesus' authority with the ONLY command we have from her in the Scriptures, "whatsoever He saith unto you, do it" that He agrees to help her.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

I am not nitpicking at all.

I am just saying mary asked him NOTHING.

Catholics also try to use John 2:3-7 to say that they show Mary had parental authority over Jesus. However, they show just the opposite. Notice that when Mary tries to exercise parental authority Jesus rejects it (v. 4, note-NOT disrespect to Mary) for as He says in Luke 2:49, parental authority is to His heavenly Father and not those allowed to watch over their Creator here on earth. 

It is only when she acknowledges Jesus' authority with the ONLY command we have from her in the Scriptures, "whatsoever He saith unto you, do it" that He agrees to help her.

And I disagree, she did ask him, if she was only speaking of a observation, Jesus wouldn't have responded the way He did, that is what I believe.

john 2

4Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Edited by BeyondET