• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/4/2018 at 7:23 PM, JesusIsLord92 said:

I don’t understand where Catholics get this belief from and am confused. They hail her and talk so much about her to me it seems like idolatry. They pray her name on the rosary and where is Jesus mentioned. 

It's a long complex narrative to explain. But the Holy See starts by perverting what Jesus said in Matthew 16:18, and then creates the infamous traditions of men and heresies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 1/3/2018 at 2:58 PM, BeyondET said:

I've learned that the Catholic's doctrine, believe Mary is a Intercessor between Jesus and people.

this seems bazaar to me, they believe the wine running out at the wedding was a act of compassion on Mary's part thus why the doctrine was spawned, if there was a false teaching then this is the icing on the cake. IMO

the doctrine that Mary is a Intercessor is completely bazaar to me, to say the least.

what are other people's thoughts about the Intercessor thing of the Catholic faith.

Luke 1: 46-47 should clear things right up.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, BeyondET said:

Why do you think Jesus made wine, for his mother came to him telling him they ran out of wine.

now if your going to nit pick every statement, you'll have a hard time getting through scripture, a lot of things are common sense, yea she didn't directly say Son make more wine, but it doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to figure out why Mary came to Jesus about running out of wine, because Mary knew Jesus could fix the shortage of wine.

Jesus answer, woman why are you concern with this, my time has not come yet, not word for word but along those lines, surely she was asking him to do something.

John 2:4-5,  v. 4, Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

v. 5, His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Mary told the servants; "Whatever He saith unto you, do it. She could do nothing about the situation at all.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:49 AM, BeyondET said:

And I disagree, she did ask him, if she was only speaking of a observation, Jesus wouldn't have responded the way He did, that is what I believe.

john 2

4Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

Mary asked Him nothing, all Mary did was mention to Him, "They have no wine."

John 2:3, And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine." 

On ‎4‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, BeyondET said:

I've learned that the Catholic's doctrine, believe Mary is a Intercessor between Jesus and people.

this seems bazaar to me, they believe the wine running out at the wedding was a act of compassion on Mary's part thus why the doctrine was spawned, if there was a false teaching then this is the icing on the cake. IMO

the doctrine that Mary is a Intercessor is completely bazaar to me, to say the least.

what are other people's thoughts about the Intercessor thing of the Catholic faith.

Mary is no ones mediator.

1 Timothy 2:5, or there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, BeyondET said:

No. Mary was the chosen vessel of God to deliver his holy spirit incarnate into the flesh of a male child to this world. To deliver in person sort of speak, his new grace filled covenant for the world's sins. That is all. I believe Mary would be without the words to respond would someone in her time have foretold to her this practice of Mary worship today. 

We should never judge the Catholic their being led away from the truth of God in Christ. Rather, at any opportunity we should avail ourselves of the opportunity to witness to them while they still have time to repent. 

1 Timothy 2:5 5For there is one God and one mediator (*intercessor)between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 hours ago, Rut-Ro said:

No. Mary was the chosen vessel of God to deliver his holy spirit incarnate into the flesh of a male child to this world. To deliver in person sort of speak, his new grace filled covenant for the world's sins. That is all. I believe Mary would be without the words to respond would someone in her time have foretold to her this practice of Mary worship today. 

We should never judge the Catholic their being led away from the truth of God in Christ. Rather, at any opportunity we should avail ourselves of the opportunity to witness to them while they still have time to repent. 

1 Timothy 2:5 5For there is one God and one mediator (*intercessor)between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

I agree we shouldn't judge the people who call themselves Catholic, but the doctrine itself is fair game.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Since coming to Christ at age 45, I have read the Bible and studied it so I can know God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit better.  After only reading a little bit, it is obvious that Catholics are fooled into thinking that Mary can hear prayers and act or pretend this doesn't occur under the RCC doctrine.  I was raised Catholic and my mom, brother, sister and good friend are Catholic still.  When discussing this topic with my mom, she will not see this connection.  She just shuts down and denies.  I will continue to pray so that scales will fall off eyes.

When pointing out the Rosary guides one to pray to Mary 53 times and God the Father only 9 times, my mother says she doesn't pray to Mary.  The prayer goes "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for our sinners, now and at the hour of our death", or something like that.  Not only is it praying to Mary, but it is calling her "mother of God" and exalting her above Jesus and the Father.  Not to mention, the disgusting idolatry many millions practice with Mary, specifically, and the "repetitious prayers".

Other than prayer, what else can I do?

The only mediator/intercessor to the Father is through our Lord, Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

-

If Mary were around today, here on earth, she would openly chastise the Catholic Church for twisting and knowingly creating such a rampant and dishonest false narrative (doctrine) concerning her "position".

She would point out that she is not a "perpetual virgin", and indeed had other children, she would explain that she is not the "Queen of Heaven", and that she did not "ascend bodily" to heaven.

She would in fact be shocked, saddened and angered, to discover that so many people are following the Pope's  lead regarding worshiping her as "co-author" of your Salvation.

She would point out that there are no nail prints in her wrists, and there is no cross  that  she ever hung on to save anyone, and in fact she needed her Son, just the same as you do, to redeem her from her SIN.

And in fact, had He not, then she would be just as in Hell after she died as anyone else who never trusted in Christ for Salvation.

If Mary were here today, she would not only condemn the Catholic Blasphemy that presents her as Heaven's Queen, but she would in fact happily admit that she is not a Catholic, and neither is her Son.

She would explain that there are no denominations in Heaven, there are only the born again., "in Christ.".

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 1/3/2018 at 4:58 PM, BeyondET said:

, they believe the wine running out at the wedding was a act of compassion on Mary's part thus why the doctrine was spawned,

Actually this is seen as some as an act of selfishness on Mary's part; she wanted glory through her Son. That is why Jesus rebuked her because He is not a magician. He didnt want to be bothered about trivial stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1