• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

So are you saying Carthage got it right for the NT and got it wrong for the OT?

It is clear OT 450 years of quiet from God never considered, by the Jewish people, to be Scripture they never accepted the other.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

It is clear OT 450 years of quiet from God never considered, by the Jewish people, to be Scripture they never accepted the other.

Ok, but you did not answer my question.  Did Carthage get it right on the NT and wrong on the OT?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, Concretecamper said:

Ok, but you did not answer my question.  Did Carthage get it right on the NT and wrong on the OT?

I did to my satisfaction... you are where you are~ and are looking to prove that to be right. However anyone with even a slight historical back ground in the Jewish canon of Scripture can see the canonicity of the OT was not in question  in 397 but plainly a people not of the Jews wanted to add to the Jewish canon... which they never did except by rcc and sad to say the rcc allows just about anything and any doctrine into their camp... it is why we see it as apostate! I have wrangled this many times and do not wish to waste any more …  

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I did to my satisfaction... you are where you are~ and are looking to prove that to be right. However anyone with even a slight historical back ground in the Jewish canon of Scripture can see the canonicity of the OT was not in question  in 397 but plainly a people not of the Jews wanted to add to the Jewish canon... which they never did except by rcc and sad to say the rcc allows just about anything and any doctrine into their camp... it is why we see it as apostate! I have wrangled this many times and do not wish to waste any more …  

It is sad to see this type of explanation. 

You recognize that the Early Church, in order to combat heresy, went through great pains to determine which books were/are the inspired Word of God.

The same people who said Gospel of Matthew is inspired are the same people that said Maccabees is inspired.  The Early Church decided that both Matthew and Maccabees were/are consistant with the teachings received from Christ.  They decided that all 73 books were consistant with the teachings of Christ and contained no heretical teachings.

If the Early Church got it wrong on Maccabees, who is to say they didnt het it wrong on 1Peter.

It is typical pick and choose mentality based on what "I" want to believe.

I appreciate your discussion and your honesty.  

5 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

It is sad to see this type of explanation. 

You recognize that the Early Church, in order to combat heresy, went through great pains to determine which books were/are the inspired Word of God.

The same people who said Gospel of Matthew is inspired are the same people that said Maccabees is inspired.  The Early Church decided that both Matthew and Maccabees were/are consistant with the teachings received from Christ.  They decided that all 73 books were consistant with the teachings of Christ and contained no heretical teachings.

If the Early Church got it wrong on Maccabees, who is to say they didnt het it wrong on 1Peter.

I appreciate your discussion and your honesty.  

As I said... I believe to trust in the chosen people of OT to recognize there Scripture and that was done long before the suggestion of altering that perception in 397! From Malachi to Mathew was period of 4o0 and some years the Jews called this the silent years and this is seen in their flooding toward John The Baptist thinking him to be 'The Prophet'. 

8 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Wrong has been and is always present to present itself as right... it is the need to study to determine truth from fiction! As I said I have already determined that this question carries no weight due to source and who accepted and didn't... The Jews were over emphatic with Scriptures and they did not accept the apocrypha! 

8 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

It is with all people this way so there lies no point toward anything in this statement... Those born of God have The Holy Spirit within to lead into all truth and I am seated in my faith that I seek truth through His guidance and have peace in such... The authoritative Word of God Genesis- Malachi and Mathew- Revelation is my foundation and total reliance and I have been assured thus far by these Scriptures that God 'IS' found within this called My Word... for it has become mine as well in personal walk with...

45 minutes ago, Davida said:

"All Scripture " means exactly what it says -ALL scripture! 

They speak as if God didn't know what He was having done at the time this was written in forming His New Testament of His Blood… and when God was finished He let us know

Rev 22:18-21

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
KJV
some say it only refers to the book of Revelation but then do not realize that the outlay of the book is given by God here 

Rev 1:4-8

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
KJV

conjoined here with write

Rev 1:11

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
KJV

Rev 1:17-19

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
KJV

Write that which is, which was and is to come... as the progress goes all the way to the eternal state... so how can anything be added or taken away from this? Not even God 'IS' doing such... sealed is sealed for all times!

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Davida said:

Exactly Enoob!   Another of their obvious sinful& rebellious mistakes is that they put the mere writings of men as -equal to GOD's Word  & even ABOVE it--because they do not give GOD's Word the highest regard & respect that it deserves.  God's Word is not just an expression it's literal TRUTH. The Bible is the  Ultimate Authority-period- it IS GOD's actual Word-GOD -breathed- living and active....".  It is simply because the RCC has created their OWN False Religion & worships their own images created by their false dogma - prayers to RC saints, prayers to RC Pope's, prayers to their remake of Mary/in likeness of pagan goddess, etc....How much more obvious can it be?

As I move in this body in this world I realize the essence is not of the thing but His Word which upholds what I have been began in.... it is easy to tell the children by their regard for The Word! This is part of the witness of God to us that is in us:

Acts 17:24-30

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Davida said:

Only the Word of God describes itself as  "Holy" as  "Scripture"  as "God-breathed", as "living and active...."  

“15 And now from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:15-17)

Radical protestants? is it radical to you to believe the Bible then? yes obviously,  lol, meant to be a negative descriptor for the the born again believers that take the Bible as God's Word & soul authority and don't pay homage to the RCC & their man-made heretical doctrines. Christ's church i.e.  the church- as mentioned in the Bible is the collective of the true believers that cuts across all denominations - they are the ones that have been born from above , that are truly followers of their shepherd, Savior & Lord Jesus Christ and put nothing else equal to Him. Discounting history?  Emperor /Pope Constantine combined paganism with Christianity & built a priest dominated, idol worshiping ,counterfeit religion to form the RCC. 

Yes, I beleive it is very radical to take the Scriptures that the Holy Spirit gave us and becasue of the follies of men subtract from them.  The RCC has the fullness of the faith and truth becasue she has the full bible.  Protestants follow men (whether it is Luther, Henry VIII, or pastor Billy Bob). Catholics follow Christ.

Edited by Concretecamper