Seeking answers

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Most of my life, since I was about 8 or 9 years old, I have known God and Jesus. Obviously a lot happens in life between the age of 8 through 42. I have been in and out of church, I have had a lot of bad experiences with people in churches. Lately I feel the need to seek answers about God and Jesus and creation. Why certain things exist, why do animals have fangs if we were all created as vegetarians, what language is the proper language to pray in, do we address God as God or Yaweah, or Jesus as Yeshua or Jesus? I have so many questions popping in my head and I have been seeking answers for them all. I tend to find solutions but I just don't understand why I think up all of these things. Is God trying to get me to study him more? IS Lucifer trying to confuse my mind? AM I just overly critical of everything? I'm not sure what is going on in my mind. I do know that I want to pray right. I want to call God what he wants us to call him, I want to feel close to him and feel forgiven. I feel sometimes like I am on my own but God is pulling me. I have asked for forgiveness several times, in fact I ask daily. I feel unworthy all the time and undeserving. So many thoughts and fears linger in my head. I just wish I could find answers to ease my mind on everything that I think of.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Welcome, Moonraker.

We are all undeserving and unworthy.   But God loves us and forgives us because of Jesus dying for us on the cross.  This is called grace.  Undeserved mercy and favor.    We learn to love and forgive as God does us, and that means all the people who have hurt us, even Christians.  We are not without faults as well and are in no place to condemn them.  They are there because they also need God's grace.  

I think it is the significance of their Names that is important.  Jesus call Himself I AM in John 8:58.  IN  Exodus 3 the voice in the burning bush tells Moses that His Name is I AM.  He then calls Himself YHWH and Jehovah.  Jesus is also called Immanuel, which means God with us.

Exo 3:14  And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM; and He said, You shall say this to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.   Exo 3:15  And God said to Moses again, You shall say this to the sons of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial from generation to generation.

Rev 1:8  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, the One who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty.  These are other way the glorified Jesus identifies Himself

So whether I address Father God, Lord Jesus, or just Lord, I know in my heart Whom I am talking to.  I know they are the One Living God, the I AM, the Almighty God. Some cults say we have to use the right word.  God used many words to refer to Himself.   And in the end the Jews considered His name too sacred to speak and used YHWH.