creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

while this in no way advocates blaming the victim,the lesson in it is pretty pertinent.

20180104_161804.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

49 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

while this in no way advocates blaming the victim,the lesson in it is pretty pertinent.

20180104_161804.png

If a person picks an abusive spouse once they do not have very good judge of character and their discernment is not with Christ. The abuser may be able to trick that person and deceive them if they can get the person to marry them quickly. But sooner or later they are going to show their true character. If a person chooses an abusive spouse the next time they had better take a good hard look at why they pick this kind of person. Maybe go into Christian counseling to find out why. There is a reason.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

18 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

20180104_161804.png

I doubt that the photo is of something factual....it's a photo of a book, writing something someone else said they heard from someone else...

That being said, I think the moral is still valid.

In my experience with people that repeatedly go down the same destructive path over and over again. There is always a "trigger" that causes them to decide to go down that path despite the fact they know where it will end.

Most often it seems to be a short term selfish gain based on the thought "well it's going to go bad anyway so I may as well be the one that makes the decision".

It's a false sense of control.

My approach is to highlight the fact that we are not in control of anything....all we do is react to whats happening around us and we react based on what we know.

It boils down to worldly, often carnal decisions or, Godly decisions. It's either Satan's influence/ control or Gods influence/ control. All we do is react based on our understanding of one of those influences in our life.

If we are not educated in Godly decisions...well.........

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I doubt that the photo is of something factual....it's a photo of a book, writing something someone else said they heard from someone else...

That being said, I think the moral is still valid.

In my experience with people that repeatedly go down the same destructive path over and over again. There is always a "trigger" that causes them to decide to go down that path despite the fact they know where it will end.

Most often it seems to be a short term selfish gain based on the thought "well it's going to go bad anyway so I may as well be the one that makes the decision".

It's a false sense of control.

My approach is to highlight the fact that we are not in control of anything....all we do is react to whats happening around us and we react based on what we know.

It boils down to worldly, often carnal decisions or, Godly decisions. It's either Satan's influence/ control or Gods influence/ control. All we do is react based on our understanding of one of those influences in our life.

If we are not educated in Godly decisions...well.........

Technically and truthfully that should say you have had one husband and eight adulteries .     Let it sink in.    JESUS WORDS are ETERNAL.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Talk about stereos.  (stereo-types).  

Notice how you and everyone else ASSUMED the WOMAN was the victim ? !

AND ASSUMED she told the truth !?  (which is even more astonishing, actually , to think she is capable of telling the truth) 

What if she was (as many ARE ) a PROVERBS WOMAN ? !  _  _  _  no,  not chapter 31 _ _ _  >>>

Proverbs 5 NLT - Avoid Immoral Women - My son, pay - Bible Gateway

Avoid Immoral Women - My son, pay attention to my wisdom; listen carefully to my wise counsel. Then you will show discernment, and your lips will.
Avoid Immoral Women - My son, pay attention to my wisdom; listen carefully to my wise counsel. Then you will show discernment, and your lips will.

Avoid loose women - My son, keep my words; store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and live, and my instruction like the pupil of your eye.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Talk about stereos.  (stereo-types).  

Notice how you and everyone else ASSUMED the WOMAN was the victim ? !

AND ASSUMED she told the truth !?  (which is even more astonishing, actually , to think she is capable of telling the truth) 

What if she was (as many ARE ) a PROVERBS WOMAN ? !  _  _  _  no,  not chapter 31 _ _ _  >>>

Proverbs 5 NLT - Avoid Immoral Women - My son, pay - Bible Gateway

Avoid loose women - My son, keep my words; store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and live, and my instruction like the pupil of your eye.

really tho. you really gonna go there?

it's not about her being loose if she was. point is this. we don ourselves in bad situations.  so we need to self analyse to see how we got there and what to change so as not to repeat. simple