• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Marilyn.     I love you sister .    be blessed.    

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

The windup, the hesitation and the pitch... Smack, Marilyn hits one into the bleachers  :blow-up:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/6/2018 at 1:12 AM, Marilyn C said:

Working for God on earth doesn`t pay much…

All the ecclesia in the NT received IMMEASURABLE SPIRIT - JOY , PEACE, RIGHTEOUSNESS (ON EARTH),

and they all walked in UNION WITH JESUS, as ONE WITH HIM, and with the FATHER,

as JESUS PRAYED IN JOHN 17,  and as shown ALL through ACTS and the EPISTLES.

SO,  I'd NOT say that "doesn't pay much" -

the wicked never have peace,  nor joy, nor ever get to see the spiritual, nor heaven,

while the righteous always do, as written, throughout all the NEW TESTAMENT,  et al. (OT TOO) .....

albeit , yes,  in the world, you will have much persecution if , everyone who stands for JESUS/ TRUTH/ what is RIGHT.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Cutsey spiritual as it is it sounds , it seems like something along the lines of the emergent church movement that promotes  a  superficial feel good spirituality over biblical truth.   

Hi Davida,

I hear what you are saying however I believe you need to back up your claim - `over Biblical truth.` Can you share how you see that is not true in the above `pictorial` representation of the `sin problem.`

regards, Marilyn.

23 minutes ago, Davida said:

You will not like my take, that is a given. Sorry, but I won't be backing up my opinion. I really didn't want to read it again. I find the whole description is a failed attempt at being whimsical and droll, trying to sound spiritual but they are actually misrepresenting true Christianity while they do it. It trivializes the meaning of the Gospel & the process of sanctification that takes place in born again believers. I makes light of the doctrine of hell.  We are not manufactured units we are made in the image & likeness of God.  Jesus is not a repair technician. Sin is not a defect it is a choice. I find it disrespectful and frankly I could see this just as easily written by non-Christians who wanted to mock Christ & Christians. I do not think we should make light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ & the way of salvation. I don't think we should be irreverent and imprecise when we handle  or communicate what is in the scripture.  

I believe Galations 1:8 applies.

Hi Davida,

I did not write the `recall,` but see it as a pictorial representation of the sin problem as I said. It does not make light of anything. It is quite graphic saying that SIN is rebellion and idolatry. It also says that JESUS paid the price for our sin.

If you have trouble with that then you would seem to not like `...a Lamb as though it had been slain having seven horns and seven eyes...`(Rev. 5: 6) You perhaps would think that pictorial representation, too gory and fanciful, and worthy of animal rights attention.

Marilyn. 

49 minutes ago, Davida said:

Obviously I have no problem with BIBLE SCRIPTURE since I defended it.  My problem is with the bad representation of the Gospel & Christianity as I said as clearly as possible. Btw, never thought you wrote it although by your comment above I see you are taking my criticism of it personal even when you are the one that asked me to share.   

I find your snide stab at me- "then you would seem to not like"- REV 5:6" --Is very unbecoming of you. 

Good bye.

Hi Davida,

I thought you would go that way. So...... your minister never uses contemporary illustrations to present some truth of the word?  Does every word from your lips be just scripture? Don`t be absurd. Of course we all have no problem with God`s word. You seem to think people can`t have contemporary illustrations.

Also it was not `a snide stab at you` but an example from scripture of a pictorial illustration bringing out ONE aspect, and not meant to represent the whole.

BTW I do realise that you and miss muffet do look to `have a go` at me when you can, and not really discuss God`s word. That is not Christ like behaviour. God`s word says we need to `be gentle to ALL, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition,....` (2 Tim. 2: 24 & 25)

Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

A fun creative piece, I wouldn't get too serious over it gang.

Taken  from...

http://www.arky.org/RecallNotice.pdf

Thanks Yowm,

didn`t know that, just got it from a friend and wanted to share. I thought it was a good contemporary pictorial illustration to help non believers understand the big picture of our sin and God`s answer - Jesus.

I had to address a slanderous comment and now it has been dealt with. Gone....

Marilyn.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

M. C. You have a kind heart and I understand your attempt at lighthearted and even humorous ideas. I am sure you have a very good idea of what this means to some by now.

We often more readily say stuff on here due to safety. If we were face to face, most would be far more circumspect.

Davida has some very good points as well, and technically speaking, I agree more with that take than the OP.

Whatever we do and however we attempt to accomplish that, it will never be wholly acceptable to all of us at any one given moment in time. 

Thanks for the post and the ideas. I think that we are (of necessity sometimes) rather prescriptive and so sometimes the platitudes seem appropriate. Being sometimes poetic and at other times quite whimsical and obtuse, I can see that some people would like the blase approach. I do not favor this simplistic and comic idea though. For Chick Tracts, maybe. But for serious discussion - I do not think so.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/6/2018 at 9:12 AM, Marilyn C said:

RECALL NOTICE

The Maker of all human beings (GOD) is recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart. This is due to a malfunction in the original prototype units, code named Adam & Eve, resulting in the reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units. This defect has been identified as `Sub sequential Internal Non-morality,` more commonly known as S.I.N., as it is primarily expressed.

Some of the symptoms include:

1. Loss of direction

2. Foul vocal emissions

3. Amnesia of origin

4. Lack of peace and joy

5. Selfish or violent behaviour

6. Depression or confusion

7. Fearfulness

8. Idolatry

9. Rebellion

The Manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and service free of charge to correct this defect.

The Repair Technician, JESUS, has most generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of these repairs. There is no additional fee required.

The number to call for repair in all areas is: P-R-A-Y-E-R. Once connected, please upload your burden of SIN through the REPENTANCE procedure. Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair Technician, Jesus, into your heart component.

No matter how big or small the SIN defect is, Jesus will replace it with:

1. Love

2. Joy

3. Peace

4. Patience

5. Kindness

6. Goodness

7. Faithfulness

8. Gentleness

9. Self control

Please see the operating manual, the B.I.B.L.E. (BEST Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further details on the use of these fixes.

WARNING: Continuing to operate the human being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties, exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list, and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded. For free emergency service, call on Jesus.

DANGER: The human being units not responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the furnace. The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter heaven so as to prevent contamination of that facility. Thank you for your attention!

• GOD

P.S. Please assist where possible by notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may contact the Father any time by `Knee mail.`

Because He lives!

Working for God on earth doesn`t pay much…..but His retirement plan is out of this world!

I so loved this. What do you think? Marilyn.

the way this is described in technical language seems very successful, but i feel obliged to inform you that it is not exactly due to a defect in the heart, it is due to the absolutely indefinite existence/presence of the so-called "darkness" in the universe - the soul is the unit of the consumption of life, while God is the system Administrator and Provider of life - the difference between God and the souls is like the difference between a transmitter and receivers

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC