Hobie_

What is the best way to give flavor to veggies when cooking?

I cant have salt because of my blood pressure and have to cook veggies to keep fit, and of course have to stay away from sugar to keep my blood sugar under control. So what can I add to give flavor.....

I really like my vegetables roasted.  They are better to me if they get a little brownish with some crunchy bites.  I just put a little olive oil on them with some thyme or rosemary and maybe some red pepper flakes.

Garlic and sage and fennel can be good, too.   

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

I cant have salt because of my blood pressure and have to cook veggies to keep fit, and of course have to stay away from sugar to keep my blood sugar under control. So what can I add to give flavor.....

Edited by coheir

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

I really like my vegetables roasted.  They are better to me if they get a little brownish with some crunchy bites.  I just put a little olive oil on them with some thyme or rosemary and maybe some red pepper flakes.

Garlic and sage and fennel can be good, too.   

Umm good, do you use the oven or just a small toaster?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

Edited by coheir

3 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

Umm good, do you use the oven or just a small toaster?

I use the regular oven.

The stores have salt substitute. You may want to try a few to see if you like them.

I have used Mrs. Wright's spices, different flavors.