Psalms37:4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

The entire prophecy of the Time of Jacob's Trouble is found in two chapters in the book of Jeremiah 30-31. It describes the ordeal of the Jewish people and their struggle from the beginning of this period at the Abomination of Desolation lasting the entire second half of the tribulation all the way to the end, the time of their redemption when God pours out His holy spirit upon all of Israel shortly into the millennium and the time of the gathering after the tribulation 

The prophecy foretells a time in the future when God's promise (His covenant) to Israel that all the Jewish people will receive the holy spirit by the end of the tribulation and will begin a relationship coming to know Him personally. Through the help of the holy spirit, the Jewish people will know God's laws and fully understand them perfectly, having no problem keeping and honoring those laws as they will take delight in doing God's will, Psalm 37:4.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 New King James Version (NKJV)

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

This promise is also revealed in parallel scriptures below. Blessed be that day when God finally sends all of Israel the holy spirit and begin a personal relationship with all Jewish people. They will all know Him and His righteousness, and their sins forgiven and remember no more. 

Ezekiel 39:25-29 New King James Version (NKJV)

25 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name— 26 after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations, 28 then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer. 29 And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ says the Lord God.”

Isaiah 59:20-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,

And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,”

Says the Lord.

21 “As for Me,” says the Lord, “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord, “from this time and forevermore.”

Hebrews 10:12-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Hebrews 8:7-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

Edited by Psalms37:4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

But the Jews are not 'all of Israel'. Romans 9:6-8

Your premise also totally ignores the many prophesies saying that of Israeli Judah; only a remnant will be saved. Romans 9:27

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Keras said:

But the Jews are not 'all of Israel'. Romans 9:6-8

Your premise also totally ignores the many prophesies saying that of Israeli Judah; only a remnant will be saved. Romans 9:27

Yeah, but that is not talking about salvation from sin.   Paul is quoting from Isaiah and the use of the word "saved"  means delivered from destruction, namely the captivity in Babylon; it is not a prophecy about the future salvation of Israel/Judah.    Romans 9 is a defense of God's sovereignty and has nothing to do with who is or is not saved  from sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

The entire prophecy of the Time of Jacob's Trouble is found in two chapters in the book of Jeremiah 31-32. It describes the ordeal of the Jewish people and their struggle from the beginning of this period at the Abomination of Desolation lasting the entire second half of the tribulation all the way to the end, the time of their redemption when God pours out His holy spirit upon all of Israel shortly into the millennium and the time of the gathering after the tribulation

There are a couple of serious flaws with your theory, the first one being Revelation 12.

Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

Israel is being protected by God from the enemy for the entire 3 1/2 year period you claim to be their time of trouble.  Being under God's personal protection from the dragon hardly qualifies as a time of trouble, it would be in fact, the opposite.

3 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

The prophecy foretells a time in the future when God's promise (His covenant) to Israel that all the Jewish people will receive the holy spirit by the end of the tribulation and will begin a relationship coming to know Him personally.

Zechariah disagrees with you on this, according to him, 2/3 of the Jewish people will be cut off and die during this time, and only 1/3 of them will come to accept the Lord.

Zechariah 13:7 “Awake, O sword, against my shepherd,
    against the man who stands next to me,”
declares the Lord of hosts.

“Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered;
    I will turn my hand against the little ones.
In the whole land, declares the Lord,
    two thirds shall be cut off and perish,
    and one third shall be left alive
9 And I will put this third into the fire,
    and refine them as one refines silver,
    and test them as gold is tested.
They will call upon my name,
    and I will answer them.
I will say, ‘They are my people’;
    and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

Only 1/3 will be refined and called His people, and to further clarify we can see what it means to be "cut off".

Romans 11:19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

The natural branches were cut off because of unbelief, and this is the important detail in all of this.  The only thing that disqualifies is unbelief, further clarified in what follows.

Romans 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

Belief is the requirement, unbelief disqualifies, or another way to say it, saved or unsaved.  Only 1/3 of them will believe, and this is the group God will take aside and protect.

3 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Through the help of the holy spirit, the Jewish people will know God's laws and fully understand them perfectly, having no problem keeping and honoring those laws as they will take delight in doing God's will, Psalm 37:4.

This does not at all align with scripture, the law will not save anyone, only belief in Jesus can do that.

Romans 10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

And again....

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” 11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” 12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— 14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

It goes on further to detail that this applies to both Jews and Gentiles.

Galatians 3:15 To give a human example, brothers: even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified. 16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. 17 This is what I mean: the law, which came 430 years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Written to a people steeped in law and ordinances is a whole lot different than today where we think we are free to do as we please. To us His law is abhorrent (judging by the reaction I read).

The Law does NOT pass away, it is just placed in perspective. A people that is willfully ignorant of the law will not really understand Yahweh or His purposes. Remember, the WORD gave us the law and He is not going to abolish it either until heaven and earth pass away.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Right Justin, the Jews  like everyone are free to do what they choose. And what 95% + have chosen is to reject Jesus, as all their ancestors have done. 

Contrary to what the OP promotes, God does NOT love or will ever redeem a sinner, or those who reject His Son and He has no regard for ethnicity. 

The idea of a Jewish Israeli redemption is just a tenet of the false 'rapture to heaven' theory.   Neither will happen. 

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Written to a people steeped in law and ordinances is a whole lot different that today where we think we are free to do as we please. To us His law is abhorrent (judging by the reaction I read).

I would hope no mature Christian believes that.

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

The Law does NOT pass away, it is just placed in perspective.

Matthew 5:17  [ Christ Came to Fulfill the Law ] “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,679
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  1

http://biblehub.com/daniel/12-11.htm

The sacrifice  is taken away in the middle of seven.The abomination that causes the desolation 1290 days later(3 1/2 years) putting the use of this abomination at the time of the end.When the military uses it,Jerusalem as well as many nations in the middle east and north Africa will be desolate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/6/2018 at 3:29 AM, Psalms37:4 said:

The entire prophecy of the Time of Jacob's Trouble is found in two chapters in the book of Jeremiah 30-31. It describes the ordeal of the Jewish people and their struggle from the beginning of this period at the Abomination of Desolation lasting the entire second half of the tribulation all the way to the end, the time of their redemption when God pours out His holy spirit upon all of Israel shortly into the millennium and the time of the gathering after the tribulation 

The prophecy foretells a time in the future when God's promise (His covenant) to Israel that all the Jewish people will receive the holy spirit by the end of the tribulation and will begin a relationship coming to know Him personally. Through the help of the holy spirit, the Jewish people will know God's laws and fully understand them perfectly, having no problem keeping and honoring those laws as they will take delight in doing God's will, Psalm 37:4.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 New King James Version (NKJV)

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

This promise is also revealed in parallel scriptures below. Blessed be that day when God finally sends all of Israel the holy spirit and begin a personal relationship with all Jewish people. They will all know Him and His righteousness, and their sins forgiven and remember no more. 

Ezekiel 39:25-29 New King James Version (NKJV)

25 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name— 26 after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations, 28 then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer. 29 And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ says the Lord God.”

Isaiah 59:20-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion,

And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob,”

Says the Lord.

21 “As for Me,” says the Lord, “this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants’ descendants,” says the Lord, “from this time and forevermore.”

Hebrews 10:12-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Hebrews 8:7-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

On 1/6/2018 at 7:43 AM, wingnut- said:

There are a couple of serious flaws with your theory, the first one being Revelation 12.

Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

Israel is being protected by God from the enemy for the entire 3 1/2 year period you claim to be their time of trouble.  Being under God's personal protection from the dragon hardly qualifies as a time of trouble, it would be in fact, the opposite.

Zechariah disagrees with you on this, according to him, 2/3 of the Jewish people will be cut off and die during this time, and only 1/3 of them will come to accept the Lord.

Zechariah 13:7 “Awake, O sword, against my shepherd,
    against the man who stands next to me,”
declares the Lord of hosts.

“Strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered;
    I will turn my hand against the little ones.
In the whole land, declares the Lord,
    two thirds shall be cut off and perish,
    and one third shall be left alive
9 And I will put this third into the fire,
    and refine them as one refines silver,
    and test them as gold is tested.
They will call upon my name,
    and I will answer them.
I will say, ‘They are my people’;
    and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

Only 1/3 will be refined and called His people, and to further clarify we can see what it means to be "cut off".

Romans 11:19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

The natural branches were cut off because of unbelief, and this is the important detail in all of this.  The only thing that disqualifies is unbelief, further clarified in what follows.

Romans 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

Belief is the requirement, unbelief disqualifies, or another way to say it, saved or unsaved.  Only 1/3 of them will believe, and this is the group God will take aside and protect.

This does not at all align with scripture, the law will not save anyone, only belief in Jesus can do that.

Romans 10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

And again....

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” 11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” 12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— 14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

It goes on further to detail that this applies to both Jews and Gentiles.

Galatians 3:15 To give a human example, brothers: even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified. 16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. 17 This is what I mean: the law, which came 430 years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

God bless

Shalom, Psalms37:4 and wingnut-.

You are both correct, but the answer to your dilemma is to divorce the "tribulation" from the "seventieth seven" of Daniel 9!

Psalms37:4, you said,

"The entire prophecy of the Time of Jacob's Trouble is found in two chapters in the book of Jeremiah 30-31. It describes the ordeal of the Jewish people and their struggle from the beginning of this period at the Abomination of Desolation lasting the entire second half of the tribulation all the way to the end, the time of their redemption when God pours out His holy spirit upon all of Israel shortly into the millennium and the time of the gathering after the tribulation."

The portion highlighted is correct, but you must realize that the Time of Ya`aqov's Trouble began in the first century and is STILL going on today! The Time of Ya`aqov's Trouble IS the Tribulation, not a mere 3.5 years at the end! Take out the part "second half of" and realize that this "Tribulation" (Greek: thlipsis) has been going on for almost 2,000 years, and it should begin to make sense.

wingnut-, you said,

"Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

Israel is being protected by God from the enemy for the entire 3 1/2 year period you claim to be their time of trouble.  Being under God's personal protection from the dragon hardly qualifies as a time of trouble, it would be in fact, the opposite."

That's right! Therefore, the 3.5 years is AFTER the Tribulation! The two halves of the Seventieth Seven of Daniel 9 are like BOOKENDS to the "Tribulation," which is also called "the Time of Ya`aqov's Trouble!" This "3 1/2 year period" in Revelation 12 is AFTER the return of the King and at the beginning of the Millennium! It's the time of the Second Offer of the Kingdom to Israel, particularly Y'hudah (Judah), Yeshua`s own tribe, who should be the ones who sponsor Him as King for the entire nation Israel.

The first three and a half years were to be found in the "earthly ministry" of Yeshua`. "He came unto His own!" (John 1:11a.) He said, "I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel!" (Matthew 15:24.) In fact, His disciples were only sent to these lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matthew 10:6.) The gospel, which He proffered at the BEGINNING of His "ministry" was said to be the "gospel of the KINGDOM!" (Matthew 4:23.) And, it was implied that the children of Israel, particularly the children of Y'hudah, ALREADY KNEW this gospel! (Mark 1:14-15.) And indeed, they HAD already known it, having read it at least once EVERY YEAR as part of their Haftarah readings:

Isaiah 52:7 (KJV)

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation (rescue); that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

It was the message about the coming Messiah they were constantly hoping to see! If you can accept all this, the gospels will begin to make sense to you. For instance, why were the disciples instructed NOT to go to the Gentiles or the Samaritans? And yet, they were also instructed to go from town to town! These, then, would all be towns of the children of Israel, particularly the Jews! Why? Because it was to CHILDREN OF ISRAEL that the Kingdom was being offered! That they would reject Him was not to be known until near the END of His offer of the Kingdom, when they ultimately crucified Him.

It was just before He was crucified that He pronounced them "DESOLATE!" (Matthew 23:37-39, as Daniel 9:27 says.) And, they've been suffering this desolation since then!

39 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

That's right! Therefore, the 3.5 years is AFTER the Tribulation! The two halves of the Seventieth Seven of Daniel 9 are like BOOKENDS to the "Tribulation," which is also called "the Time of Ya`aqov's Trouble!" This "3 1/2 year period" in Revelation 12 is AFTER the return of the King and at the beginning of the Millennium!

Hey retro, good to see you brother.

I just want to specifically address what you said above, because there is a glaring contradiction with scripture here.  This is what we find in Revelation 12.

Revelation 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

Now if we apply this to your timeline, we run into serious contradictions with what John records elsewhere.

Revelation 20  Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. 2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

The dragon cannot be bound for the entire millennial period, and at the same time attempting to get at the woman, then when that fails, waging war on believers.  This is simply not possible, so placing this within the millennial period does not work.  Not only can the dragon not wage war when he is bound, but he cannot even deceive people from this place, as the passage in Revelation 20 specifies.

On that basis, I have to reject this.

God bless