• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

27 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The WORD (Christ) gave us the Law. He expects us to keep it. "If you love me, keep My Commandments".

( not the Pharisaical additions to the law)

Saul agreed with that as well. We are in Christ Yeshua Messiah. He is the one that gave us the Law and the Commandments.

The Torah exists in perpetuity from Yahweh - The father and transcribed and given by Yeshua the Son.
We honor Him by observing and keeping His Law and His Commandments.

You are living by the old covenant. We are no longer married to the law. Read Rom 7. In christ we live by the spirit. The holy spirit gives us a new nature. We walk by love. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 1/7/2018 at 12:38 PM, MyLordsServant said:

Tell me clearly and plainly.

1) Did Jesus teach how to keep the Sabbath?

or 

2) Did Jesus teach against keeping the Sabbath?

Jesus taught us HOW to keep the Sabbath....the way it was INTENDED. Not as a burden ,but as a blessing. To this day we have Orthodox Jews who plant different articles of clothing one mile from their homes one day in advance so they can call these different spots “home” and this made it “ legal “ to pretty much go wherever they wanted to go.Does any sane person believe this was Gods intention when He tried to bless Israel with this law? For those of us no longer under law, Jesus made it clear through His secretary Paul ( I use that term “secretary” because The Holy Spirit told Paul what to write ,Paul  merely put the pen to paper ) that it was the “weak  Believer” who concerned himself with such matters as this. I would hope new Believers see this clearly and strive to be strong Believers.God bless

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Wayne222 said:

People are  trying to get christians to keep the seventh day sabbath of rest.

The Sabbath was a shadow of the rest in christ we have.

If you say we still have to keep it you are putting a yoke on others.

We are free to kerp any day to the lord. Rest on monday if you wish and honor God. 

So is it ok to ignore the law and commit adultery, and kill and steal.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Legalism kills, and does it slowly.  As time winds up here I think we're going to see an increasing boldness from cults like SDA,  Mormons, JWs, Oneness Pentecostals, and others. The SDAs in particular have targeted Worthy of late: I have no idea why.

What I do know is since Satan realizes his time is short, and he wants to ensnare as many of the unaware has he can, it's up to we Christians to point people to Jesus, and the freedom He gives.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

The WORD (Christ) gave us the Law. He expects us to keep it. "If you love me, keep My Commandments".

( not the Pharisaical additions to the law)

Saul agreed with that as well. We are in Christ Yeshua Messiah. He is the one that gave us the Law and the Commandments.

The Torah exists in perpetuity from Yahweh - The father and transcribed and given by Yeshua the Son.
We honor Him by observing and keeping His Law and His Commandments.

Jesus wants us to keep His commandments.....He gave us two. .”Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself” . If you desire more laws, Take it up with Him.New Believers should NEVER let themselves be brought back under the Law —- if you break one law ,you have broken them all says James.Go with Faith....not easy at times, but at least POSSIBLE.Keeping the Law is not possible, at least that is what Peter said. God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479

3 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I am interested in where the scripture is that teaches this as you say? I mean didn't Jesus himself ask the Pharisees when the questioned him healing on the Sabbath in Luke 14:5 "Then he asked them, "If one of you has a child or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull it out?" But I really love the response of the Pharisees to this question in Luke 14:6 "And they had nothing to say."

"Then Jesus told them, 'The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.'"

In what part of that verse, does Jesus say, Sabbath is not for man? 

And how does that verse in anyway, teach that Sabbath is not needed?

"Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, they asked Him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?” He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

Again, did Jesus say the Sabbath is to be abolished? Or did he say how to keep it?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

So question: Do you follow the Law verbatim or do you pick and choose what parts of the Law to follow? 

I follow all applicable law and commandments.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sam Smith said:

Jesus taught us HOW to keep the Sabbath....the way it was INTENDED. Not as a burden ,but as a blessing. To this day we have Orthodox Jews who plant different articles of clothing one mile from their homes one day in advance so they can call these different spots “home” and this made it “ legal “ to pretty much go wherever they wanted to go.Does any sane person believe this was Gods intention when He tried to bless Israel with this law? For those of us no longer under law, Jesus made it clear through His secretary Paul ( I use that term “secretary” because The Holy Spirit told Paul what to write ,Paul  merely put the pen to paper ) that it was the “weak  Believer” who concerned himself with such matters as this. I would hope new Believers see this clearly and strive to be strong Believers.God bless

Yes, Jesus taught how to keep the Sabbath. Meaning we are to keep it.

He didn't teach against it, meaning we don't keep it.

Always interesting when people say they're not under the law.

So I'll ask this:

What is sin? : Transgression of the law.

Do you sin? Yes, all have sinned. 

Then what's the law that you transgress, when you say you're not under the law?

Is the law written on your heart and mind?

Paul says, 'you are not under the law but under Grace'. Then he says, 'does this mean we should transgress the law? God forbid'.

Saying you don't need to follow any rules, and you can run around and live however you want, is part of the OSAS doctrine. A clear manipulation of scripture.

Do you do what Jesus says? What did Jesus say: "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Sam Smith said:

Jesus wants us to keep His commandments.....He gave us two. .”Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself” . If you desire more laws, Take it up with Him.New Believers should NEVER let themselves be brought back under the Law —- if you break one law ,you have broken them all says James.Go with Faith....not easy at times, but at least POSSIBLE.Keeping the Law is not possible, at least that is what Peter said. God bless

"On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets"

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Legalism is spiritual suicide on the installment plan.

SDA's target other denominations more than they do non-believers for a specific reason.  They think it's easier to con unseasoned Christians into buying the scam than it would be to introduce their hokey doctrine to non-believers. 

What's this SDA business? Is that all people on here, can label Sabbath keepers as? Many denominations keep Sabbath, without concern of SDA.

Genesis 2:3

"Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."