• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I do not quite follow this. However, Yeshua is pretty clear about the blessings that will come to those who keep the law. Not because they do 'any good' but because it is commanded.

Authority is stripped so easily these days. Oaths are not given unless in a court and the very idea of bowing the knee is abhorrent to most western civilizations, especially Americans.

Yeshua: at whos name EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, is going to show, with force, what He thinks of those that dare oppose His Father (our Father). I do not see any awe or reverence in these days of monetary obeisance. It is a sad shame!

laziness, pride and covetousness live in the mindless religious mind - the mind that is not nourished with righteousness - while righteousness supports love, and love supports righteousness

let's remember the story of oedipus - he was so hasty to kill a stranger and to use his wife to sleep with her, and regretted his crimes committed against them only after he knew they were his parents; the religious worshiper makes a similar mistake if they miss working for salvation for humankind, because someday they will be in the place of every "fatherless" and of every "widow" that they missed saving - the people whose fate depends more or less on what the spiritual/religious ones do for the time they practice faith - including the children of others, the parents of others, etc. - it is too irresponsible to not think about the consequences

that is why i prefer contributing (with something) to the organization of salvation for humankind to only waiting for God to save me

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, John Robinson said:

Legalism kills, and does it slowly.  As time winds up here I think we're going to see an increasing boldness from cults like SDA,  Mormons, JWs, Oneness Pentecostals, and others. The SDAs in particular have targeted Worthy of late: I have no idea why.

What I do know is since Satan realizes his time is short, and he wants to ensnare as many of the unaware has he can, it's up to we Christians to point people to Jesus, and the freedom He gives.

So is following the commandments 'Legalism'?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

it's up to we Christians to point people to Jesus, and the freedom He gives.

What? The new freedom to deride the law and the prophets? The Spirit has left most churches in the US and the World. Why? Because they are righteous in their own eyes and so very proud of their 'strengths'. Empty people with empty words and empty rhetoric, bowing to their own lawless dogmas and doctrines.

With their lips they noise to the world but their heart is far from the Lord Yeshua. They will claim things done in His name - He will say, Depart Ye Lawless Ones. (Torah-less).

'They have healed my people slightly' says the Lord. Yet they parade around in their preening pride saying they are the upholders of the faith and God cannot do without them. Meanwhile, the sick the friendless and the needy are sidelined. 

You cannot fake a healing - a real healing by Holy Spirit Power. So they make a big noise, look for scapegoats and 'false teachers' forgetting to bail from their sinking boat. And when it sinks, they blame the people that have a different slant on their understanding of scriptures.

Where is The Power? 

Is putting down another believer doing the will of the Father? Many seem to think just that.

Take from me gold tried in the fire said the Lord.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

40 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

What? The new freedom to deride the law and the prophets? The Spirit has left most churches in the US and the World. Why? Because they are righteous in their own eyes and so very proud of their 'strengths'. Empty people with empty words and empty rhetoric, bowing to their own lawless dogmas and doctrines.

With their lips they noise to the world but their heart is far from the Lord Yeshua. They will claim things done in His name - He will say, Depart Ye Lawless Ones. (Torah-less).

'They have healed my people slightly' says the Lord. Yet they parade around in their preening pride saying they are the upholders of the faith and God cannot do without them. Meanwhile, the sick the friendless and the needy are sidelined. 

You cannot fake a healing - a real healing by Holy Spirit Power. So they make a big noise, look for scapegoats and 'false teachers' forgetting to bail from their sinking boat. And when it sinks, they blame the people that have a different slant on their understanding of scriptures.

Where is The Power? 

Is putting down another believer doing the will of the Father? Many seem to think just that.

Take from me gold tried in the fire said the Lord.

Amen....

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

Covenants are not layered.  The Old Covenant was written on stone, the New Covenant is written on our hearts.  “ I will REMOVE from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” A REPLACEMENT — not a  “layer “. It appears you may have lead some astray.

You do not have an easterner's mindset.
Covenants are always layered. You cannot 'break' them and discard them like a change to the constitution. They just ARE. Until heaven and earth pass away, my word will NOT pass away says the Lord High God Almighty. Yeshua gave us these covenants and commandments and He should know because He was a forever person and extant in the Godhead from before the world was formed.

There was not anything made that was not made by Him.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

You do not have an easterner's mindset.
Covenants are always layered. You cannot 'break' them and discard them like a change to the constitution. They just ARE. Until heaven and earth pass away, my word will NOT pass away says the Lord High God Almighty. Yeshua gave us these covenants and commandments and He should know because He was a forever person and extant in the Godhead from before the world was formed.

There was not anything made that was not made by Him.

Heb 8:8

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah

Heb 8:13

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

ALSO.......the way I understand it is that Israel BROKE the old covenant between them and God through spiritual adultery, it was a covenant with conditions which Israel broke.......so the Lord essentially divorced Israel.......however the Jews are not completely cast away (those who He foreknew), because they can now enter into a NEW 'marriage' covenant with the Lord..... if they repent, the Lord will certainly and gladly receive them again under His new covenant.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

it was a covenant with conditions which Israel broke.......so the Lord essentially divorced Israe

Agreed, but here is the kicker. The 'marriage' still stood from the Lord's perspective, even though divorce came along. The other covenant was declared 'old' not disintegrated. God's words will always stand for eternity. His covering also applies to things like covenants, His covering, AKA Ruth and Boaz, is a Redeemer's duty.

He died, and so the widow can once again remarry and she will be once again united with Him. His olive tree will once again be joined along with the wild branches that are us. He will be enacting the Kinsman Redeemer law as found in the Torah.

But like earthly marriage, divorce does not take away the marriage, it just changes the legal status of those married.

God has said He hates divorce. It is a spiritual union entity that we are not taught about in our churches; but a spiritual union cannot be undone by mankind. So it still exists.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

13 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Agreed, but here is the kicker. The 'marriage' still stood from the Lord's perspective, even though divorce came along. The other covenant was declared 'old' not disintegrated. God's words will always stand for eternity. His covering also applies to things like covenants, His covering, AKA Ruth and Boaz, is a Redeemer's duty.

He died, and so the widow can once again remarry and she will be once again united with Him. His olive tree will once again be joined along with the wild branches that are us. He will be enacting the Kinsman Redeemer law as found in the Torah.

But like earthly marriage, divorce does not take away the marriage, it just changes the legal status of those married.

God has said He hates divorce. It is a spiritual union entity that we are not taught about in our churches; but a spiritual union cannot be undone by mankind. So it still exists.

If a spiritual union cannot be undone then how can one remarry? Because once marry to another that also is a spiritual union. 

8 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

If a spiritual union cannot be undone then how can one remarry? Because once marry to another that also is a spiritual union. 

Yes. That is a definite issue and may require much prayer and soul searching. I think that the Lord God can and will address that problem. But it is one that mankind cannot heal themselves without Divine assistance. It has to be a 'God thing' I believe.

There are many discussions about this in certain circles. It is in this spiritual realm that much evil is passed from one to another without the parties even being aware of it. It warrants a very prayerful study and yet it is passed over so readily today because it is 'distasteful' to some and they would rather sweep it under the rug. 

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Sorry Justin, I'm not following you.......it was to the Jews/Israel that Jesus came, and preached the gospel and told them that no man can come to the Father but by Him (the Son).......and taught them how to receive eternal life......that He was the way and the truth and the life.......no other way but through Him.  Jesus also warned Israel that the kingdom would be taken away from them and given to a nation (gentiles) producing the fruits.  But I love the book of Ruth.......it speaks of the mostly gentile church having been redeemed by the Kinsman Redeemer (Christ) and now through the gospel being able to restore to Naomi (Israel) a son.  Yes, praise the Lord they can be grafted back in again......but only through the gospel of course, there is no other way given unto mankind by which man can be saved.

• Thumbs Up 2