I am 37 and still not married

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi there, I just want to grow up and be responsible. Although I am 37 in my mind I still am not so mature like other women. I am childish and not still settled in life. I feel so lonely because my parents are unhappy and ashamed that I am still single at home. I want to read the Bible and be enthusiastic but I get easily discouraged and I want to die. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Welcome!

We are all like children to some extent. Some older and some younger. Some never really had a childhood, or it was so fraught they do not feel like they were happy as a kid. Our first two or three years sometimes sets the stage for later life. Sometimes it is older than that for the personality to develop. Do you have a mature Christian lady that can mentor you? That would surely help you. Do you have any known disabilities? What does your trusted GP say when you talk to him/her?

Often, there is an imbalance in nutrition, or and over abundance of certain substances.

What have you found out about your health that may be an indicator?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Tailormaid said:

Hi there, I just want to grow up and be responsible. Although I am 37 in my mind I still am not so mature like other women. I am childish and not still settled in life. I feel so lonely because my parents are unhappy and ashamed that I am still single at home. I want to read the Bible and be enthusiastic but I get easily discouraged and I want to die. 

Hi Tailormaid,

Welcome to Worthy and pleased to meet you. Others here, have given good advice. My thoughts are that it is good you recognise your need. So perhaps write down some things you would like to grow in. Our Christian walk is all about growing, but not as the world would have, so we need to know the difference.

One area that can really help you is giving your time to help others - Sunday school, food programs, visiting the elderly in nursing homes, etc. That gets our minds off ourselves and our hearts then start to develop in many godly ways.

If you would like to PM me maybe we can share life together.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, Tailormaid said:

Welcome to worthy :)

When you say you want to grow up and be responsible, I am curious what you mean by that.  Being married doesn't automatically make you responsible, in fact, it would be a hindrance to a marriage for one of the two to be irresponsible.  Do you have a job?  Are you socially active?  Do you attend a church?  I ask because if you are not meeting people, it would be difficult to meet any man who may potentially marry you.  I know in churches I have attended there are social activities where you could meet someone, not sure what your situation is with that.

Keep reading your bible though, that's a good thing, and try not to dwell on what you do not have.  Rather be thankful for what you do have, death is no solution.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Tailormaid said:

Why do you think you are not as mature as other women? Pray to God and ask Him for His plan to be revealed in your life. Not all women are called to get married. If it is God's will for you to be married He will open the doors for that to happen. It is a lot of responsibility to be married. Are you prepared for that?

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I share what missmuffet just said.  

I know for certain that I was never meant to be paired. 

God plans this for some people because he knows we would be much more useful and happier that way, if we really want something and God takes it away from us, just know that he HAS A GOOD REASON for doing so. And like Justin Adams has said, we're very much like children. Sometimes we desire things that are not good for us, children want cake everyday, parents acting with higher wisdom know that it's bad for children, so God, acting on an even higher wisdom, often understands that our own desires act against us in the end.

I say just be content in your friends, and if you cannot have a relationship and get married, that's okay -- life can still be good for you.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

5 hours ago, Tailormaid said:

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so down and discouraged.  Other's here have given you some good advice. 

I just wanted to say that I am praying for you that the Lord will help you to feel better and encourage you and that his perfect will be done in your life.  May God bless and comfort you. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I am single and much older than you, however I always believed I had a single calling... therefore, I am ok with being single.   I also know quite a few single ladies including a missionary lady and each is accepting of their singleness.

If you truly have a desire to marry (not because people think you should), then I hope you will try to meet some nice Christian men either at church or by volunteering with other Christians.  Make some friendships first and maybe something more will come of the friendships.

Since you live at home, as some others suggested, perhaps you can take that opportunity to take some classes, to learn a skill.  If you aren't working right now, the classes could help you in getting even a part time job and it would be good experience for you.  Or even if you get an entry level job, it would give you some experience in life.

But whatever your circumstances, don't feel pressured to marry just because you think you should be married.   It's better to be single and content, rather than to end up in a bad marriage.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Shalom Tailormaid,

You said,

...in my mind I still am not so mature like other women. I am childish...

Well, in this case, you have come to the right place, since we all should be such as you are.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with GOD...  (1Corinthians 3:19)

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the Kingdom of GOD as a little child, he shall not enter therein.  (Mark 10:15)

I like what is said to you by the Christians above, but most of all Bible Study and Charitable Work. I believe that pays best.

Continue to love your parents.

I pray for you.

Igor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 1/7/2018 at 1:29 PM, Tailormaid said:

I am not far behind you and I’m not married. Mostly due to social anxiety, missed opportunities, and investing several years in an unrealistic relationship. I still live with  my parents, but it is not like the stereotype. We have mutual agreements, I help them out, I work a job, and I do not cause them drama. However, your situation appears to be causing strife with your parents. I would pray that God opens the door for you to live independently which would likely help you gain the maturity that you desire. 

Edited by CreationIsBeautiful
Missed word.