• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I think there are going to be negatives to any message board that a person goes onto.  I personally take a lot of the negative stuff with a grain of salt.  I know the world would run a lot smoother if everyone thought and believed the same things I do (sarcasm).  But I have accepted the reality that that isn't going to happen.  I enjoy the site and mainly use it for thought provoking ideas on other people's viewpoints.  I am lucky enough that I have a pastor that I meet with for breakfast about once a week to discuss different topics of theology that I don't understand.  He and I disagree of a few points but continue to meet and discuss.  I personally think personal fellowship (being involved in a church, bible study, etc.) is more beneficial for me than what someone out in the digital universe says on a message board.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

19 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Did you not see the sign on the door BEFORE you came in ?  !

"EVERYBODY" with all their false doctrines W - E - L - C - O - M - E !!!!!  

From the WHOLE WORLD.....   ANY Group, Christian or not.   NO RESTRICTIONS almost  - except don't offend anyone - so anyone offended by JESUS can get anyone who posts CHRISTIAN messages silenced .

And no, one's messages don't have to be in line with Scripture,  and no one's required to accept the truth of Scripture,

so if they're a Christian or if they're not a Christian, and don't like the Truth,  they're "protected" from being offended by the truth.

I don't believe this at all.  I think the mods just can't catch everything.  And nonbelievers don't post in the main forums.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

16 hours ago, brakelite said:

When we read someones input that differs from our own belief, we must always be cognisant of the possibility that God is using that person to teach you something new. The temptation is, even when we are considering that possibility, that we go to the Bible to prove them wrong, rather than going to the Bible to see if their belief is founded on anything other than opinion. If there is Biblical support, and it seems to contradict other Bible texts that support what you believe, then the weight of all the evidence must be taken into account. That takes time and effort. Sometimes its easier just to get offended and take a self righteous stand that "I am right and everyone else is a heretic". Or if we are lazy, we go to some one we know who agrees with us and use their arguments against the new teaching...little realising that God may be talking to them too. 

Thing is, the time is coming when we are all, as individuals, going to have to take a stand and defend our beliefs...sometimes before courts who are going to charge us for heresy against the state sanctioned religion to come. Can you defend your self without recourse to others? Can you defend what you believe without being offended? 

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear". 

Sadly, many can give no better reason for believing in a particular doctrine other than ...because our parents did...or its popular...or because that is what my church teaches. 

But the beauty of this forum is that it is open to anyone. It engenders discussion. A lack of divisiveness or unity does not necessarily mean that everyone has the truth. Majorities have never been right all the time. In fact, it is a good thing, a beneficial thing for everyones faith that a great divergence of backgrounds and belief systems should be freely welcomed. It engenders study...thought...humility...self appraisal...or it should. It is also a reflection upon one of the founding tenets of American Republicanism. Freedom of religion...speech...and press. 

Yes but, to some, only those in agreement with them are right, righteous and Christian.  We have intolerant and self righteous members here, for sure, and it would probably be best for them to move on.  I don't see Worthy changing to suit anyone except the Lord Himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes but, to some, only those in agreement with them are right, righteous and Christian.  We have intolerant and self righteous members here, for sure, and it would probably be best for them to move on.  I don't see Worthy changing to suit anyone except the Lord Himself.

Amen Sister

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 John 3:1-5Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

See what love the Father has lavished on us in letting us be called God’s children! For that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it has not known him. Dear friends, we are God’s children now; and it has not yet been made clear what we will become. We do know that when he appears, we will be like him; because we will see him as he really is.

And everyone who has this hope in him continues purifying himself, since God is pure. Everyone who keeps sinning is violating Torah — indeed, sin is violation of Torah. You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and that there is no sin in him.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

17 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Watch out, you might get called a legalist or something else.

Yes, if you post legalist crud as Gospel. Don't go missmuffit. Who will we conservative, Bible believing literalists have to relate to. To heck with those who would run us off.

"Jessie Penn-Lewis was a woman whose writings have helped many people understand the way of the cross. About ten years after her conversion, when seeking to be filled with the Holy Spirit, she tells of how she got a terrible revelation. She saw a hand holding up a bundle of filthy rags and a gentle voice saying, "This is the outcome of all your past service for God". She protested that she had been consecrated to the Lord for years. But the Lord told her that all her service had been merely consecrated SELF - the outcome of her own energy and her own plans. And then she heard one word spoken to her, "Crucified". She had not asked to be crucified, she thought, but to be filled. But she rested on that one word and came to know Jesus as the Risen Lord!!

Self must be crucified, before there can be any service that pleases God. We may serve God with all our hearts and then say, "Lord, please accept these Ishmaels that I have produced." But God will say "No"! He will say "No" now and He will say "No" in eternity."

See Jessie Penn-Lewis in the worthychristianlibrary.com

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

SimpleJeff

"Did you not see the sign on the door BEFORE you came in ?  !

"EVERYBODY" with all their false doctrines W - E - L - C - O - M - E !!!!!  

From the WHOLE WORLD.....   ANY Group, Christian or not.   NO RESTRICTIONS almost  - except don't offend anyone - so anyone offended by JESUS can get anyone who posts CHRISTIAN messages silenced .

And no, one's messages don't have to be in line with Scripture,  and no one's required to accept the truth of Scripture,

so if they're a Christian or if they're not a Christian, and don't like the Truth,  they're "protected" from being offended by the truth.

------------------------

THIS IS NOT A DICTATORSHIP, JEFF. I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE LAST MAY AND IT SEEMS TO ME THE POINT IS TO ALLOW EVERYONE IN WITH THE INTENT OF WITNESSING THE TRUTH TO THOSE LOST TO FALSE DOCTRINE ETC. ALSO, WE ALWAYS HAVE THE OPTION OF GOING ELSEWHERE. THIS IS THE INTERNET.

• Brilliant! 1

Just now, Steve_K said:

I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE LAST MAY AND IT SEEMS TO ME THE POINT IS TO ALLOW EVERYONE IN

That's the point.  Yes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

As Moe of the three stooges said, oh a wise guy.

For the young whipper snappers not of my generation, this is Moe.

Moe.jpg

• Haha 1