Lust

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I know most people at some point in there lives struggle with sexual desire, how does one let that go so they can become a better follower of christ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

31 minutes ago, Lilly1849 said:

I know most people at some point in there lives struggle with sexual desire, how does one let that go so they can become a better follower of christ?

Sexual desire comes from the flesh, so one of the first things to do is resist temptation and set your mind on things of God.  A lot of prayer, and perhaps memorizing applicable verses you can bring to mind at those times would be a help.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

As a believer, they are to trust, not lust. Lust is grabbing for things in our own way and timing rather than trusting Him.

Lust is of the flesh and it will never wait.  Love is of the Father and will always wait.

• 5 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 1/7/2018 at 7:12 PM, Lilly1849 said:

Honestly, it's about renewing your mind -- off the things of this world -- and onto the things of God!  

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. 
Rom 12:2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. 

2Co 10:3  For though walking about in flesh, we do not war according to flesh. 
2Co 10:4  For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, 
2Co 10:5  pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ; 
2Co 10:6  and having readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 

Part of fighting the good fight of faith, is taking every thought captive!  It's not sinning to be "tempted" -- it is when you entertain that temptation and then it manifests into sin.

Jas 1:14  But each one is tempted by his lusts, being drawn away and seduced by them. 
Jas 1:15  Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin. And sin, when it is fully formed, brings forth death. 

Rom 6:12  Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 
Rom 6:13  Do not yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but yield yourselves to God, as one alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 

God bless,

George

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

As with all things wicked, the more we try our hardest to not think of it or to get rid of it, the worse the situation gets.  That's because our sole focus is still on that thing night and day- immoral sexual desire, overeating, revenge, hate, bitterness to someone, and more.  We haven't renewed our minds and hearts and replaced the desires with something holy, beneficial, or joyful.

The parable Jesus taught about the man who was delivered from a demon speaks to this.  Remember?  The demon was driven out but couldn't find a place to inhabit.  So the demon said, "I'll go back to my former house."  He found the "house" [the man] in order, but apparently empty.  So he possesses him again only this time with 7 MORE demons.  The man is far worse off than before.  Now he has 8 demons inside him.

It's not enough to struggle with the flesh.  It's not enough to say, "I'm resolved to beat this".  It's actually destructive to keep it in ones' heart and mind all the day long.  We fail due to mental, emotional, and spiritual exhaustion of fighting it.  We fail because we are not equipped to fight the flesh in our flesh.

The heart and mind must be renewed and filled with what is beneficial.  And that doesn't happen overnight.  The devil wants us to carry around that vile and putrid little suitcase everywhere we go.  We cannot get rid of it by wanting to or focusing on how bad it smells or by will power.

We have to put it down and walk away AND fill our arms with something else.  Carrying others who are in pain.  Taking up our own cross daily.  Bringing relief to those who need it.  

The focus has to be on what holy behaviors take the place of the unholy.  And not just to replace it.  But to become our joy.

A person who has terrible eating habits and is on a path of destruction will balk at a plate of steamed broccoli and even though they are eating it, all they can think of is pizza and ice cream.  They should start with something beneficial and good like a good pot of broccoli soup or a baked potato with broccoli and a small amount of cheese.

I'm rambling, but my mind is on my father that I lost last week.  He was such the epitome of fighting the good fight and taking God's hand and letting God lead him to victory in all ways.

I wish I had his heart and mind.  I wish I could ask him what to tell you.

Fill your heart and mind with serving the LORD.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

This world is of the flesh

Gods world is of the Spirit.

We as christian need to live through His Spirit.

Pray to God to deliver you from the spirit of lust over sex or food or both or any other sin.

For in both food and sex, their is a  physical component that propels us to have those needs of the flesh met.

But they can be met in a Godly way and not a sinful way.

Sin, = steals , kills , destroys.

Gods spirit IS for anyone to drink from its water and have life and life more abundant.

No one is living in abundance when they are indulging in their lusts of the flesh, no they are indulging in sin that will bring on more sin and more detrimental consequences. The ultimate consequence to sin is death.

Their are evil spirits attached to sins.

and there are generational  curses because of sin that go to other generations that absolutely  to be broken and loosed thro the Blood of Christ Jesus

There exists spirits of lust, they come about and attach to a person who from one small sin to another small sin, hast led to another opening of sin and then another, and if sin continues like that without God s help of Mercy & Grace through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus, these  sins  lead a person to an eventual reprobate mind. With each sin unattended to and removed  by Gods Mercy & Grace, evil spirits of that particular sin attaches themselves to that person, leaving the person to be more and more vulnerable to that particular sin  and more a SLAVE to sin.

And again sin that is not dealt with through Gods plan of Mercy& Grace can eventually lead to a reprobate mind, where the person can no longer distinguish what is sin from what is not sin.

Coming to Christ and asking Him to forgive us of our sins and to remove them and place them at the cross of Calvary for where He died and shed His blood for remission of them, is the way to liberation, deliverance and freedom from sin.

Ask in the Blood redeeming NAME of Christ Jesus to set you free of any spirits of lust that have attached themselves to you. Claim Christ Jesus Blood over them. He is faitful and will free you and remove them from you and will show you how to overcome them, just you have to come in true surrender to Him. If you keep hold of your sin, He cannot help you like He would like to.

Gods knows our struggles, He is patient and when He knows you are truly searching for Him to Help you and salvage you of your sins, He will be there to show you a way out of them.

In our weakness we are made strong through Him to overcome and be healed of our sins. In him we become a NEW creations, things of the past no longer have a hold on us

Don't ever give up hope in Christ Jesus and that He can help you to overcome, He can heal you and replace the hunger for sin with the hunger for Him.

It all begins with surrendering our will over to Him, giving Him our concerns and problems and asking Him to remove then one by one.

Do you truly feel defeated in your struggle wit a particular sin?

If you Do than that is good because you are now in a place to surrender ALL to Him.

Gods Word is True. He is HEALER, HE IS REDEEMER.

don't ever forget that.

any time something trie to trip you up and you fall,  turn right aay to Him for help and get right back up .

If you go right you can't go wrong

Virtue that is not tested is not virtue.

Faith that is not tested is not faith.

faith involves faithfulness tow hat we believe in.

Somehow the fallen nature in us seems when tempted t firsto place our faith in the father of lies of this world rather than our Father of Truth, our Father of Truth Eternal

Until the lesson is learned, tests of faith in the field in which we struggle will be presented to us all throughout our life.

Either we will let ourselves become slaves to sin and be led astray and that will lead us to death

or we will be freed from them and find life.

God can do what man can't.

God is greater than the father of sin.

Trust in God over trusting in your weaknesses that are fueled by the father of sin.

All that I write , is from  my own failed experiences and my own struggles with sin and having turned over these struggles to God my Lord and Savior .

As long as we turn to God to help us free us of our sins, He is faithful to help free us and we keep growing and growing into the child of God He always intended for us to be, being freed and overcoming our sin struggles in Him.

As we grow in Him, we also change and the things that once had a hold on us, in time in Him , no longer do and even can seem very foreign and weird to think we ever were so under their control.

God Loves you and wants you and me to live a wholesome life free and abundantly wholesome in Him.

He bring us the LIVING waters that quench our thirsts always.

Before acting on anything of this world and from the flesh, we need to bring ALL to HIM first and Always.

-Charles Stanley- In Touchministries-has some amazingly uplifting sermons on such topics .-

Here are some topics that have played recently from Charles Stanley daily ministry site:

-the landmine of fear.

-landmines in the path of a believer.

God Bless you and help you overcome

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/7/2018 at 7:12 PM, Lilly1849 said:

Seems to me that God tells us of a difference between lust and sexual desire.

A husband is to desire his wife and a wife is to desire her husband even to the point that one does not  deny the other except that they set may aside a time as they see fit for prayer and fasting. But not so  long a time as to cause problems within the marriage and allow for lust to find  a home in the heart of either marriage partner.

Song of Solomon deals with conjugal marital relationship as a divinely sanctioned pleasure, not as a sin.

Lust is another subject altogether. Lust is dealt within the Bible as a sin. God gives instruction  regarding the difference, and provides example in 1 Corinthians 7 for a people facing a time of turmoil and great trouble approaching, much of which can be applied as best guidance and even command today.

We are not in that time however, nor are we in a culture where a man  takes his dead brother's widow and provides his heirs with her  to continue his brothers bloodline and property rights.

I suggest  that lust is pretty easy to identify, and so is marital love. One is privilege, one is sin.  If one cannot  be as Paul then it is best to marry.

In today's American culture is wrought with it's own basket of troubles. So it is not easy at all. Government has it's way  of punishing marriage and rewarding lust. Go figure. 

The answer, it isn't easy! But, God will enable and reward those that have the will to pray, and to read His word with thinking.