• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

1John4:1-6

1 John 4:1-6King James Version (KJV)

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

With that said, my question is : Does Luke1:42 fit the bill and is this the confessing that John says must happen to know if the spirit is of God or not?

Luke:  and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

Is this what all spirits- in man and from heaven must confess?

And is this what Christ meant by this:

Matthew 7:21-23New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Concerning Self-Deception

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’

So, does this all tie in together- since it was by the Holy Spirit that Elisabeth said what she said? Because we learn she said this when she was immediately filled with the Holy Spirit with Christ presents in her house in Mary.

Since Elisabeth was the first to make this confessing, is this the confessing in 1John 4:1-6  that he says is necessary as the authenticity of true followers of Christ? And is it what Christ was referring to concerning true Christians?

Further, did Elisabeth do the will of Christ's Father in heaven in this confessing? Is this what Christ meant concerning this:

Matthew 12:50New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Edited by TheBride123

• Group:  Advanced Member

It would seem the questions are simple enough.....the scriptural statements-self explanatory yet no response? Well, I guess silence speaks volumes.

So, are you saying this is not the confessing that Christ has come in the flesh, The Incarnation? Are the scriptural verses In Luke 1 a glorifying of the Incarnation, and do they fit the bill for 1John4:1-6, yes or no?

Edited by TheBride123

And you are right, He does know that which is His and they know Him. That is not the question.  Mathew 7 is for those who think they are His, and think they know Him.

Lastly can you take Mary out of the Incarnation of Christ equation- the miracle took place in her ? Was the great work done unto to her?

KJV
For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. What great things, if she is NOT part of the INCARNATION OF CHRIST?  Again you have not answered the question: do the Luke1 accounts fit the bill for confessing 1John4:1-6, yes or no?

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I am saying what is not the confessing is 'Blessed are you among women', speaking of Mary. Of course we are to confess the Incarnation.

So what you are saying , if I understand correctly, is that this" The Incarnation" which makes her blessed , is Not what the confessing includes? So, you have rejected her willing participation as part of the 'Incarnation" and God's blessing on her? When Elisabeth clearly say:

Luke 1:45King James Version (KJV)

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. So, in whose flesh was the PERFORMANCE of the Lord done?

Will you confess for me:Luke1:28 beginning after- he said,

and also Luke1:42 after the words with a loud cry, Please type out as you confess the words of scripture.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

The passage refers to our Confession of Christ as Lord...and as being born again (Hence He knows those who are His and will never tell them, "I never new you".  We are not saved through confessing Mary as blessed but the saved will call her blessed.

And news flash, this confessing took place by an angel who needs not to be" Born Again" and Elisabeth who was the first BORN AGAIN outside of Mary who was Christ's first work of Christianity confessed this before you were even conceptualized . For both received the Holy Spirit before anyone, that includes me or anyone after them. So, you weren't even in that present type- equation, you are NOT the foundation, the first to know are. Again the PERFORMANCE was done in whose flesh or as you say , "JUST A VESSEL". Just a vessel would not be blessed or favored. You speak of her with disrespect, and common terms. But I guess this should be expected from a common vessel purposed for menial task.

Romans 9:20-22King James Version (KJV)

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

She is the MOST HIGHLY HONOURED VESSLE among women and men, even Higher than Enoch, for most truly and LITERALLY  SHE WALKED WITH GOD!

If you will not, or cannot confess Luke1:28 and Luke1:42, then surely- you of this lot:

Matthew 7:21-23King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

For you do not do the will of Christ's Father if you reject the truths presented." Catch me the little foxes".

The Lord always lets people know His verdict before it is executed! The Woman of REV.12 Marches ON!

Edited by TheBride123

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, TheBride123 said:

It would seem the questions are simple enough.....the scriptural statements-self explanatory yet no response? Well, I guess silence speaks volumes.

Forgive me, but I didn't realize you had any questions in the first post until I read this post.  Your questions blended in with the scriptures that I hastily scanned and missed them.

To answer your question - no - Elizabeth's Holy Spirit-filled greeting to Mary about her miraculous pregnancy is not exactly what John is talking about.

John is talking about false teachings that either [1] deny that Jesus - the Godly Christ - was a full man or that [2] that the man, Jesus was fully God.  There were all kinds of false claims about the manhood and the Godhood of Jesus during John's day.  John wrote this letter probably close to the time he wrote The Revelation - close to the end of the actual first century.  Jesus had been resurrected almost 100 years and all the other disciples were dead and gone.

John was very old when he wrote this and had long since passed the time when he was an older teen standing with Mary at the cross watching Jesus die.

As I said, there were lots of false teachings that would NOT connect the manhood of Christ with the deity of Christ.  The two MUST be intertwined.  Jesus was fully man and fully God.

As with all false teachings, they are from the devil.  There is a reason why the devil does not want people to believe that Jesus was fully a man and there is a reason why he doesn't want people to believe that Jesus is fully God.

John isn't so interested in Mary here as he is in the fact that Jesus was literally born of a human woman. He isn't trying to focus on Mary, the mother, but Jesus, the fleshy and literal child and son.

Read what was placed before you. With the Holy Spirit we learn . Since this is the first confessing Luke1:28  by
an angel and Luke1:42 by a person, then it is the "Confessing" also, it is the confessing that is the test,  in 1John
4:1-6. For John said all spirits must confess this."2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confes-
seth that JESUS CHRIST is come in the flesh is of God:

That means all spirits! This in man and  angels. John knows Christ is God that is why he says JESUS CHRIST
is come in the flesh, for Jesus Christ is God Incarnate," The Incarnation", and whose flesh did Jesus Christ come
in?  John does not say , EVERY SPIRIT THAT CONFESSETH THAT GOD HAS COME IN THE FLESH OF
JESUS CHRIST IS OF GOD. This is what False lying spirits in the guise of the word "Christians "who interpret
1John4:2 as saying. This is deception, and is because  the devils can not and will not  exalt Mary as God has.
This false interpretation denies the Holy Spirit conception of Jesus Christ. God is begotten and not made.

Devils, demons fallen angels, whatever, can not and will not do this, this is different than- them knowing who
Christ is and was born of a Virgin. This is exaltation! The glorifying of the "Incarnation" which is not God en-
tering into Jesus but God who is Jesus entering  into  a vessel of flesh. For Christ is truly God. He, becoming
God in man happened in Mary and no other thing can come to be  of the faith without this Incarnation. God the
Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Holy Trinity. To deny the "Confessing" of the "Incarnation"
is denial that Christ is God, begotten and not made. Devils get some to believe , God is made, when actually
God was conceived and made a man, in Mary. Tricky! Satan is sly but God is WISE!

And now brings us to more clearly understand Christ words:Matthew 7:21-23King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the
will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast
out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As I said:

Many people think they are Christian and think they are doing mighty deeds in Christ' name. Christ is letting
them know they only used His name. They where never in Him because they deny the "Incarnation". They do
and say a lot of Jesus this and Jesus that, yet can not do and will not do the "Confessing". We are called to test
all spirits as the Elect, by Luke1:28 and Luke1:42. It is putting the Ark of the New Covenant before entering
into fellowship ,many will fall before it. It is the tool used for going into battle and coming out Victorious!

If you go to many forums as lots of people seeking fellowship do and ask those there to confess Luke1:28 and
Luke 1:42 many there will not. You will most likely be verbally attacked by most there.  It is amazing the
Power of the Word! God Bless!

On 1/9/2018 at 1:09 PM, Jayne said:

Forgive me, but I didn't realize you had any questions in the first post until I read this post.  Your questions blended in with the scriptures that I hastily scanned and missed them.

To answer your question - no - Elizabeth's Holy Spirit-filled greeting to Mary about her miraculous pregnancy is not exactly what John is talking about.

John is talking about false teachings that either [1] deny that Jesus - the Godly Christ - was a full man or that [2] that the man, Jesus was fully God.  There were all kinds of false claims about the manhood and the Godhood of Jesus during John's day.  John wrote this letter probably close to the time he wrote The Revelation - close to the end of the actual first century.  Jesus had been resurrected almost 100 years and all the other disciples were dead and gone.

John was very old when he wrote this and had long since passed the time when he was an older teen standing with Mary at the cross watching Jesus die.

As I said, there were lots of false teachings that would NOT connect the manhood of Christ with the deity of Christ.  The two MUST be intertwined.  Jesus was fully man and fully God.

As with all false teachings, they are from the devil.  There is a reason why the devil does not want people to believe that Jesus was fully a man and there is a reason why he doesn't want people to believe that Jesus is fully God.

John isn't so interested in Mary here as he is in the fact that Jesus was literally born of a human woman. He isn't trying to focus on Mary, the mother, but Jesus, the fleshy and literal child and son.

No , I think not , he says specifically 1John:2 " BY THIS YOU KNOW THE SPIRIT OF GOD: every spirit which confesses that Jesus has COME IN THE FLESH is of God. So what was Elisabeth's Holy Spirit greeting saying? Is  it the confessing that Jesus came in the flesh, before all other people could say it? Yes or NO? Now again in whose flesh was the performance done in? From scripture , answer. Guess what , Elisabeth already did the work for you in this knowledge. You do not need to spell check either. Her words are self explanatory.

Edited by TheBride123

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Mary was blessed among woman v.28 because she was chosen to carry Her Savior to birth. I haven't rejected anything, please don't put words in my mouth.

Those things were done in Mary's womb ...not her flesh (as sin dwells in our flesh). 

Now her womb is separated from her flesh. Give me a break! Thus is why the walls are going to fall down!