• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Nope, receiving the Holy Spirit was done in the  OT as David pleaded with the Lord not to take His Spirit from David. Mary and   Elizabeth may have received the Holy Spirit but had not received a new nature as this could only happen after the death and resurrection of Christ ratifying the New Covenant...

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(Jer 31:31-33)

In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."
(1Co 11:25)

Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood.
(Heb 9:18)

Is Christ the NEW AND EVERLASTING COVENANT? That is what we are discussing. And since you can not do the confessing of the faith then, I will not cast my pearls before swine!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

51 minutes ago, TheBride123 said:

No , I think not , he says specifically 1John:2 " BY THIS YOU KNOW THE SPIRIT OF GOD: every spirit which confesses that Jesus has COME IN THE FLESH is of God. So what was Elisabeth's Holy Spirit greeting saying? Is  it the confessing that Jesus came in the flesh, before all other people could say it? Yes or NO? Now again in whose flesh was the performance done in? From scripture , answer. Guess what , Elisabeth already did the work for you in this knowledge. You do not need to spell check either. Her words are self explanatory.

Spell-check?

It seems, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are trying to force a confession of some type of Mary along with a confession of Christ?  That is definitely NOT what John is saying and he knew Mary personally and took care of her for th rest of her life after the cross.  John did not say that we have to confess anything about Mary.

John is talking about teachers and teachings - read the context - not an individual's statement.

Yes, what Elizabeth said was marvelous and the truth.    But it isn't exactly an example of the teachings that John was referring to.

C'est la vie et adieu....

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 1/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, TheBride123 said:

1John4:1-6

1 John 4:1-6King James Version (KJV)

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

With that said, my question is : Does Luke1:42 fit the bill and is this the confessing that John says must happen to know if the spirit is of God or not?

Luke:  and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

Is this what all spirits- in man and from heaven must confess?

And is this what Christ meant by this:

Matthew 7:21-23New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Concerning Self-Deception

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’

So, does this all tie in together- since it was by the Holy Spirit that Elisabeth said what she said? Because we learn she said this when she was immediately filled with the Holy Spirit with Christ presents in her house in Mary.

Since Elisabeth was the first to make this confessing, is this the confessing in 1John 4:1-6  that he says is necessary as the authenticity of true followers of Christ? And is it what Christ was referring to concerning true Christians?

Further, did Elisabeth do the will of Christ's Father in heaven in this confessing? Is this what Christ meant concerning this:

Matthew 12:50New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Yes, that is what He is saying. But I wonder if you fully understand. Certainly, many/most do not. Here is the key:

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

....This describes the building of Christ's church as He explained to Peter: 

"Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven." Matthew 16:17

...In other words, Jesus was not telling Peter that the church would be built on him (the rock), but on the Rock of Ages, by God's revealing from heaven - "a new spiritual house."

But...here in John 4...God is eluding to Christ coming, not just in His own flesh - but God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh, as spoke Joel the prophet. In other words, "the spirit test" is whether or not one has Christ "in them"...which testifies that "Christ has come in the flesh" - their's and ours. The passage is a double ententre! 

Edited by ScottA

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, TheBride123 said:

And you are right, He does know that which is His and they know Him. That is not the question.  Mathew 7 is for those who think they are His, and think they know Him.

And those who are his and love him KEEP ALL HIS SAYINGS  those who don't keep HIS sayings hate him.  AS HE SAID.

we mights wants to really ponder that a bit.   cause I am seeing many who know him not going through wives or husbands like drawers

and many justifying war and all sorts of things . 

Diese  are whats we needs to be teaching and a focusing on .    

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 1/8/2018 at 2:29 AM, TheBride123 said:

1John4:1-6

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

With that said, my question is : Does Luke1:42 fit the bill and is this the confessing that John says must happen to know if the spirit is of God or not?

Luke:  and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

Is this what all spirits- in man and from heaven must confess?

And is this what Christ meant by this:

Matthew 7:21-23New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Concerning Self-Deception

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’

So, does this all tie in together- since it was by the Holy Spirit that Elisabeth said what she said? Because we learn she said this when she was immediately filled with the Holy Spirit with Christ presents in her house in Mary.

Since Elisabeth was the first to make this confessing, is this the confessing in 1John 4:1-6  that he says is necessary as the authenticity of true followers of Christ? And is it what Christ was referring to concerning true Christians?

Further, did Elisabeth do the will of Christ's Father in heaven in this confessing? Is this what Christ meant concerning this:

Matthew 12:50New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

recognizing spirits is a matter of practicing the faith righteously, and usually the religious worshiper has to practice the faith so for a long enough time to be able to recognize spirits - confession of the faith of Jesus and the true Saints is another matter on hand

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Learn to listen to the Holy Spirit who gives the gifts and He will keep you well informed as to what kind of spirit you are encountering, good or bad.

• Thumbs Up 1