IGNORED

The New Holy City, Jerusalem, what is it all about?

Quasar93

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea."  Rev.21:1.

"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride , beautifully dressed for her husband."  Vs 2.

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them.  They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.."  Vs 3.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the ols order of things has passed away.'"  Vs 4.

"He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!'  Then He said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'"  Vs 5.

The above scene is the fulfillment of one of Jesus most hoped for promises for all of us who belong to Him as recorded in the following:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me."  Jn.14:1.

"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you."  Vs 2.

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may be where I am."  Vs 3.

"You know the way to the place where I am going."  Vs 4.

"You heard me say I am going away and I am coming back to you.  If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."  Vs 28.

The new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven, is the Father's house, in which Jesus has been preparing a place in all of the many mansions for each of us who belong to Him.  That all of us who belong to Jesus will more than likely be in, as the city settles to the new earth.

Notice the new Jerusalem is coming down out of heaven from God.  It is going to be a 1,500 mile cube.  As long as it is wide as it is high!  It will have great high walls, 216 feet thick!  It will shine with the glory of God, its brilliance like that of a precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

It will have twelve gates with angels at each of them; three on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west.  Each gate will have the name of one of the tribes of Israel on it.  The walls will have twelve foundations, and the name of Jesus twelve apostles on them.

The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.  The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone.  The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelth  
amethyst.  The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl.  The great street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

There will be no temple in the city because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.  The city will not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.  The nations will walk by its light and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.  On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.  The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.  Nothing impure will ever enter into it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

There will be a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb, down the middle of the great street of the city.  on each side of the river will stand the tree of life that will bear twelve crops of fruit every month.  The leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.  There will be no more curse.  The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will serve Him.  They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.  There will be no more night but they will not need the light of a lamp or of the sun, because the Lord God will give them light.  And they will reign forever and ever.

An angel spoke to John saying, "These words are trustworthy and true.  The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show His servants the things that must soon take place."

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Quasar93

• Loved it! 1