• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, BeyondET said:

I'm not against carbon dating, but carbon dating of very old stuff is based upon the theory of a decay rate that is not the actual decay rate of things thousands of years old, science does not know how fast the thousand year old item was decaying at the time it was decaying back a thousand years ago, it's just assumptions. 

our sun effects the rate of carbon decay as well other things, it can speed up the process or slow it down. that is new science just recently found out, 

Just to add, so does water.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Just to add, so does water.

interesting is When lava rock forms, which can be witnessed, a strange thing when those rocks have been carbon dated with methods that depend on these supposedly constant rates, they were always dated orders of magnitude older than the known actual age. The implications of inconsistent decay rates in radioactive elements are vast. And those inconsistencies are real.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2018 at 5:21 AM, Sol Man said:

Is it possible that God created the dinosaurs after the Bible.

If we think that God is a superhero and can do whatever God wants to do then it is extremely possible and probable that god made the dinosaurs after the Bible..

God could have created the Earth, the Bible was written, god played with time which god can do, created the dinosaurs then added this as the first bit of time and then added the Bible time to the end of the dinosaurs time..

It's very possible when we think God as a superhero..

Who says dinosaurs are not with us today in the form of reptiles, birds and lizards?

The fossil record shows everything was supersized prior to Noah's flood; plants, animals and insects. I won't delve into the giants. The Bible records the Earth had a canopy and most likely no North or South ice caps. 

Insects breath through their skeletons, or outer external casing. In order for a bug to grow the size of a Volkswagen, or a small plant the size of a tree. Atmospheric pressure and oxygen levels would have to be about double.  With those conditions, reptiles, plants and insects would never stop growing. Many experiments have been done just by doubling the oxygen and producing giant and unbelievable produce. Look at the hyperbaric chamber for the bends and athletes use to speed the healing process, etc.  

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Who says dinosaurs are not with us today in the form of reptiles, birds and lizards?

The fossil record shows everything was supersized prior to Noah's flood; plants, animals and insects. I won't delve into the giants. The Bible records the Earth had a canopy and most likely no North or South ice caps. 

Insects breath through their skeletons, or outer external casing. In order for a bug to grow the size of a Volkswagen, or a small plant the size of a tree. Atmospheric pressure and oxygen levels would have to be about double.  With those conditions, reptiles, plants and insects would never stop growing. Many experiments have been done just by doubling the oxygen and producing giant and unbelievable produce. Look at the hyperbaric chamber for the bends and athletes use to speed the healing process, etc.  

The rare frilled shark quite a odd looking shark and is considered a living fossil a dinosaur.

the crocodile as well.

5 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

The rare frilled shark quite a odd looking shark and is considered a living fossil a dinosaur.

the crocodile as well.

Yep! But to clarify, I wasn't implying that there were no kinds / species of dinosaurs roaming the Earth. The geological record shows everything was much bigger during the antediluvian period. 

Nimrod was a great hunter. I can't prove it, but I get the notion Nimrod wasn't hunting woolly mammoth's, elephants or rhino's. I think possibly they were hunted out to extinction after Noah's flood. Possibly a remnant hidden in the world's most isolated and unexplored locations, maybe? 

14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yep! But to clarify, I wasn't implying that there were no kinds / species of dinosaurs roaming the Earth. The geological record shows everything was much bigger during the antediluvian period. 

Nimrod was a great hunter. I can't prove it, but I get the notion Nimrod wasn't hunting woolly mammoth's, elephants or rhino's. I think possibly they were hunted out to extinction after Noah's flood. Possibly a remnant hidden in the world's most isolated and unexplored locations, maybe? 

I have read that scienctist now believe the oxygen levels during the dinosaur period was around 10 to 15% far less than previous thought. today we get somewhere around 70% of the worlds oxygen comes from the oceans. was the oceans less vast in those days might have been. the increase in oxygen levels could have had a role in the larger animal extinctions. the Willy mommoth a smaller Dino probably adapted to the change in oxygen but the bigger animals didn't.

is lock ness monster a myth or fact, who knows lol.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

Job 40:15-24, v. 15, Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

16, Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
    17, He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
    18, His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
    19, He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
    20, Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
    21, He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
    22, The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
    23, Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
    24, He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

The fact that behemoth was chief of the ways of God (V. 19), suggests that he was something more than an elephant or a hippopotamus.

What ever the animal was, it was made when Adam was, according to this statement to Job where God said, "WHICH I MADE WITH THEE," meaning He made behemoth when he created man (V. 15).

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 09/01/2018 at 9:31 AM, Sol Man said:

Carbon dating, millions of years old, the Bible doesn't account for that.

Maybe carbon dating is totally wrong but there is a conflict here with the Bible.

carbon dating is only good for 50k ish years and deals with half lives of carbon 14. There are dozens of radiometric dating techniques independent of each other that go into the millions and billions of years. They can be tested against each other in overlap and even give a margin of error.

There are several non radiometric dating techniques also. As to those who think radiometric isotopes vary in decay rates... this is patently ridiculous... please demonstrate this and falsify our understanding and win a noble prize. Let's not forget this is based upon those who 1st presuppose the age being accurate by adding up the ages of people living to 100s of years old in a particular religious book....erm...

Edited by Kevinb

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

6 hours ago, Cletus said:

carbon dating has been proven inaccurate. 

Untrue. It's very accurate... only good for 50k ish years though.  Carbon dating encounters problems in circumstances like mussels ingesting "old" carbon 14 that's decayed and locked into limestone for example. This then manifests in the result of said creature. This is very rare and well very understood in the radiometric dating. However YEC use these results to say yep... carbon 14 dating is nonsense... unreliable. It's either ignorant or dishonest.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/01/1973

The Lord's ways are higher than ours, His thoughts are not our thoughts. Some things we are just not meant to understand...