• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

3 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Oh, gotcha. There are some reports of some earlier discoveries, but I do think most of them only go back to the 1800s. I don’t think it is because people started faking them, though.

Probably not but I saw a video by Eric Dubay saying dinosaurs aren't real and it was pretty convincing.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/9/2018 at 4:31 AM, Sol Man said:

Carbon dating, millions of years old, the Bible doesn't account for that.

Maybe carbon dating is totally wrong but there is a conflict here with the Bible.

Carbon dating is only accurate within a few thousand years, and even that is a stretch.  There are other forms of dating involving radioactive decay, which are said to go millions of years plus, but there is a lot of data that doesn't go along with the narrative that mainstream Scientism reports.  The problem with Scientism is that people believe so strongly in numerous unsubstantiated claims out of appeals to authority, mostly.  'I don't have time to research that, so I will take your word for it".  On the surface, this mentality seems like a logical progression, especially when a foundational theory is 'proven'.  However, this assumption is dangerous to science.  Unfortunately, the universities promote fallacies over real science and many well meaning students and professors are caught up in this trap.  When a scientist spends half his life on one particular facet assuming his predecessors did their job, he is unlikely to then rock the boat, especially when his livelihood may depend on him going with the flow.

Materialism holds a commanding position throughout the world today in the scientific community. The materialistic paradigm has earned this high status position because it has bared fruit for science in the last few centuries (physical sciences and biology). The Materialism model has created and reinforced the strong belief that materialistic science will eventually explain everything, including life and consciousness, given enough time.  Although there may have been those in the beginnings who blindly pushed theories based on their own bias, I believe Materialism has become Scientism, a blind faith in the authority of scientists.  Many doctrines in biology, cosmology and astrophysics are protected by this construct and smart men and women not remotely imagining they could have been told lies.