• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Or during '62 with the Cuban missile crises when many were building bomb shelters in their backyards. :blow-up:

For my generation, it was in fifty seven when Sputnik, the first satellite (Russian) was launched. As a military family, weekly bunker drills were a norm.
I'm with Neighbors on the children issue. With a dozen grandchildren, believers all, they will be given an opportunity to plant seeds and spend eternity with God. The more believers, the more to give Glory to God. Children are more resilient and tougher than most adults. It may get scary, but God is still on the throne, and He will never leave us or forsake us. I think it will be (if He returns in our lifetime) be very exciting, as we will be privileged to see His return, after more than two centuries having left.    Lord, come quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, I was only 8 then.

I think I was in the fifth grade. We had to march  quickly like little soldiers. We actually enjoyed the drills, as not only did it break up the monotony, we got out of class for a while. That was cool.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It is really a scary, vulnerable time to raise children. The public schools are not safe. Our world's morals are going down the tube. So a parent needs to bring a child up with God and teach them character, integrity, values and morals. If a couple can afford it I think homeschooling is the safest way to go.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If I did raise children today, they'd be home schooled...these days aren't exactly Little House on the Prarie days. :P

Ya think???? :huh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

“Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭7:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/deu.7.9.kjv

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

47 minutes ago, Davida said:

I agree, and if the parents are Bible believing , praying , submitted to Christ Jesus,  their children will be equipped by GOD to walk in the world & bring the Gospel.

This may be entirely true,  but does not change the fact that these days are the most difficult not just for babies/ raising children and families/ adults over-all/ 

Remember how many NOAH and NOAH'S FAMILY converted in 100 + years of preaching ?   (hint: zero)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

I would say anyone in doubt should inquire of the Lord regarding marriage and family..........when I first came to the Lord I no longer had any need to have children after the flesh, and only did so when the Lord told me to.   Some become eunuchs for the kingdom's sake and Paul said the single would be happier and have fewer worries in this life......even more so in times of persecution and severe judgments, as Jesus alluded to.......no one is obligated to procreate after the flesh.......unless it is the Lord's explicit will.  Whatever you decide, let peace be your umpire....meaning you will be at peace with your decision if it is the Lord's will, and if in doubt about it, then don't.  The Lord said to me once, concerning a decision I was having doubts about..... if you don't know what to do it would be better to do nothing, and He was right.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Even if they can't 'homeschool' they should oversee what lil Johnny brings home and teach him otherwise if need be.

PHEW WEE.   my boy is eighteen now .    And if even I could remarry and have more kids.  NO WAY NO HOW.

Not saying everyone has to stop having children.     I did what I could when I could with my boy.    But due to the ma and me were long ago seperated

It was not as easy as one might think.     We had grandparents ungodly , we had parents who claim christain but Lived horrible.

I  , by grace read to my boy the bible and always corrected him and tried to teach him right .   But jeff,   me oh my their was so much ungodly influence all around this poor boy.

Its a madhouse today.    I always told him   as he got older.  You aint saved cause YOUR DAD is,   YOU NEED to commit to Christ whole hearted.

I hope it truly sinks in .     

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Equippers said:

i think most Christians who are paying attentions to current affairs knows open persecution is coming to the West sooner than expected.

i am kind of surprised to see so many Christians still carry on as nothing is going to happen.

i mean it is bad enough to go through persecution yourself, does one really want to watch their children or grandchildren go through it?

anyway, i am not trying to say there is anything wrong with having kids, but right now seems to be worst possible timing.

THEY are not going to tolerate parallel societies even here in America much longer.    ITs all about the anti christs religion of all inclusive for world peace

that will lead billions to the son of perdition,  and YEAH much sooner than most realize.    The whole of this universal include all religion , well CEPT TRUTH

is GROWING .    unity with the world has fast replaced sound doctrine and the gospel.   its fast becoming the gospel for world peace , which really

is leading all to the man of sin who BY PEACE shall destroy many.     We running out of time.

I keep trying to warn,  its not ya grankids generation that will see this Evil rise ...............ITS OURS .................IT RISES

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

When the sputniks went over? Lol

Don't remember when it went over, but the drills (to the shelters) were very regular for a while, at least on base. I lived in the Philippine Islands late 56, all -57-58, Clark AFB, dad in Air force. I think the Air force military was more concerned about the Russians flying a satellite over the USA than the civilians were. Found below, looked interesting.

reddot.gif Launch Time: Friday, October 4, 1957, 19:12 UTC (Greenwich Mean Time) (1)
reddot.gif Launch Time: Friday, October 4, 1957, 22:12 MSK (Moscow Standard Time at the launch site)
reddot.gif Launch Time: Friday, October 4, 1957, 15:12 EDT (3:12 p.m.) (Eastern Daylight Time in Coalwood)
reddot.gif Launch Site: Baikonur Complex, U.S.S.R. (1)
reddot.gif Signal from Sputnik first heard on U.S. radio: The evening of Friday, October 4, 1957. (2)
reddot.gif First time Homer heard Sputnik's signal on the radio: Saturday, October 5, 1957, early morning.
reddot.gif Sputnik first discussed at Big Creek High School: Monday, October 7, 1957. (4)
reddot.gif The people of Coalwood saw Sputnik in the sky over Coalwood for the first time: Sometime between October 7 and November 3, 1957. (5) (11)
reddot.gif Sputnik I burns up as it reenters Earth's atmosphere: January 4, 1958. (6)

460x1240.jpg