• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

first of all I just wanted to thank everyone for encouraging me when I'm down.  My hope is that the Word of God renews me and transforms me and I feel God is calling me to this.  To love his Word.  I still get the thoughts of hell but my faith is in his word.  I have to ask a question now.  What is the best way to love his word?  Sorry that sounds silly, but honesty I HAVE to ask one since this is the questions forum lol.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I look to see God's nature revealed in the Bible:  His patience with Israel, as well as with the heathen.  He really waited till the last straw before having them destroyed.   He even waited for centuries for Israel to repent, but she adopted the sins of the heathen.  Then I see Him come in Jesus to reveal His love and righteousness to the Jews and to all humanity.  I see God healing as well as chastising.  The Bible is God's revelation of Himself to mankind. Starting with Creator, look for God.  It is easy to get buried in the details of the generations, the boundaries of the Promised Land, the Law.  But see what God is telling you about Himself.  Our God is an awesome God, yet He cares about the sparrows that fall and every hair on our heads.  He is gentle and kind, but fearsome to all unrighteousness.  He is Daddy.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎9‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, Tyler22 said:

first of all I just wanted to thank everyone for encouraging me when I'm down.  My hope is that the Word of God renews me and transforms me and I feel God is calling me to this.  To love his Word.  I still get the thoughts of hell but my faith is in his word.  I have to ask a question now.  What is the best way to love his word?  Sorry that sounds silly, but honesty I HAVE to ask one since this is the questions forum lol.

Hi Tyler,

Great question. When I began reading God`s word as an adult I would just read through the Bible and if a phrase jumped out at me I would write it in an exercise book. I learnt to think on those snippets and other thoughts would add something. Day by day, and week by week, the different short sentences would add up. Gradually I got a feel for God`s word and its flow through out the ages with - the nations, Israel and then the Body of Christ.

How to you eat an elephant - bite by bite.

Our relationship with God needs to be with His word YET ALSO  in every day life, otherwise it is just words on paper. Meditate on a small bits and you will find that your spirit will be fed, and you will settle in your spirit, till one day you will say, "Oh I love God`s word." and really mean it for you would have proven that it fed you in your daily life and the Holy Spirit breathing upon those words renews and changes you.

God bless, Marilyn. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/9/2018 at 4:11 AM, Tyler22 said:

First you have to truly love God then you will love His word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello Tyler

One of my favourite passages of scripture is John 1:1-5 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." NASB  He not only left His home in heaven with God, but He reached down and picked me up from the miry clay, set my feet upon the rock to stay, washed me in His blood, made me free and promised never to leave me, even until the end of the age.

Another - Heb. 4:12 - "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."NASB  He also sent the Comforter to help me become what He wants me to be.

He paid it all, and He paid it all for me - and you, and the whole world.

These are among the scriptures that have helped me understand the sacrificial love of our Saviour; how we owe Him everything, and how to listen to Him.

• This is Worthy 1