4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Wow, suggesting legal services without first suggesting a marriage counselor?  Has anyone considered that God hates divorce? 

I would do you best in finding a marriage counselor and asking your husband to go with you so you can try to work things out.

Yes, God does hate divorce. If the husband will go through counseling. It sounds like he has made up his mind. You do know that a large percentage of husbands will not go through marriage counseling. Pride???

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, God does hate divorce. If the husband will go through counseling. It sounds like he has made up his mind. You do know that a large percentage of husbands will not go through marriage counseling. Pride???

Neither do you know the numbers MM.  I believe there comes a time in every persons life when they look back on their life and wonder if they lived the life they really wanted to live.  It's called the change of life.  This happened to me in my 40's.  It was a rough time for our family, but we stuck together and worked things out. 

Pride may be one of the reasons, but I believe it is more trying to remain young that is more of the culprit.  We can't truly understand the situation with one or two posts from one side of the issue, so I will refrain from making the judgment that a mind has been made up.  If he has been feeling that way for awhile, as this was not picked up on, then there could very well be deeper issues.  Online advice will not help.  They need a counselor.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shalom,

Dear Faith, I have read your letters as well as all good advices to you.

What I might add, please, find out where is your own failure or even guilt as a direct investment into the situation you face. (Starting from your decision to marry the man and build up the family.) For, there just can't be the one of you total wrong and another one total right. With that in mind, you can surely (and first of all) approach GOD with you Confession, preferably, one good Christian being present as a Witness. That should clear up what to do next.

I pray for you.

Igor

• Thumbs Up 2

Faith, don't be afraid. This world is full of people who had to find a new beginning, they made it and you will make it too. The first step is to accept that we must find a new way. Marriage is a partnership, you have the right to your financial share, but before that you also have the right to be given the opportunity to work on your marriage before any decision is made. This is serious, he made a commitment with you before God. What is he expecting to find outside your marriage? I see my Father who divorced my Mother, married another lady, then time went by and he has the exact same problems but with a completely different woman with who he as no history, no past, no children. These questions should be answered and both should pay attention to their answers: What is he expecting to find after your divorce? Why does he need you out of his life so he can find what he is seeking? In what way is this divorce righteous? (I'm counting that the divorce won't be righteous —Mark 10:2-12) Why is not important that this divorce isn't righteous? A spiritual root will be found and for that God has a remedy. The excuse "I don't love you the way I used to" is good enough to end a teenage relationship, but not a marriage, a holy bond, that can bring so much more than the illusion of "love" this world has been inventing. God has plenty of trustworthy Love to share with your husband. That excuse is just a shallow way to make an imprudent choice pass quicker.

I'll be praying for you. May you feel loved by all who surround you and by your brothers/sisters in Christ, who read your words and feel for you. May you both seek for God's insight together. May you, Faith, have the strength to hold your husband in this time of weakness, may he accept your help so together you can work things out.

Edited by Ana
  • Thumbs Up 2