Age gap? Please help...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I met this wonderful young man about more or less 6 months ago..but we didn't talk like we are doing these past few months.. after my break up last year around end of September..we started talking day and night for almost 3 months now.

Although I am 39 already I don't look like I am in my late 30's I look younger than my age...I feel like a bit shy telling this ? but yes that's what,what people are saying...I apologize I am not lifting my own chair,I am single,never been married. Although God has not made my mate yet. I am already faithful to him...I am waiting faithfully

He is a godly man but he is too young for me...our age gap is almost 12 years but he is a mature kind of a guy... he is helping me spiritually and emotionally. He was there when I was hurting and cheered me up tirelessly... 

Now I began to develop a special feeling toward him... He also made it known since the beginning that he has feelings for me. he understood my situation..he told me that he will  going to wait...I am scared actually to fall in love with him...because I feel like I am stopping him to find himself a young woman like his age...and I feel like he deserves better..he is a wonderful young man.I don't want to be selfish but at the same time I am thinking of giving it a shot... and see what will going to happen... I've been praying for this also...but it seems like God is still silent.

I feel overwhelmed and stood here in awed silence...thinking about what's happening in my life right now... Am I doing the right thing?

I need your thoughts regarding this matter please. Thanks.

God bless you all ❤

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

21 minutes ago, LadyMountaineer said:

I met this wonderful young man about more or less 6 months ago..but we didn't talk like we are doing these past few months.. after my break up last year around end of September..we started talking day and night for almost 3 months now.

Although I am 39 already I don't look like I am in my late 30's I look younger than my age...I feel like a bit shy telling this ? but yes that's what,what people are saying...I apologize I am not lifting my own chair,I am single,never been married. Although God has not made my mate yet. I am already faithful to him...I am waiting faithfully

Hi LadyMountaineer,

Nice to meet you and have a chat. Personally I think it`s fine, well you see I married at 39 and my future hubby was only 32. 7 years difference. But he is miles ahead of me in practical terms and a very godly man. He has Looked after me when I had severe CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), but we have been able to travel by caravan and see a lot of Australia. I have learned so much from him about the world around me. As to my contribution, well in one way I was his worst nightmare - a teacher, but the Lord has dealt with me and I try not to get into that mode. And we have been happily married (through ups and downs) for 30 years.

So did you know that the President of France married his drama teacher, and she is....wait for it....25 years older than he. They are very happily married and she looks great even though in her 6o`s.

PS. My hubby keeps me young. And age is just a number. Many people are still childish at older ages. So.... tick that off your list, is my thoughts & from personal experience.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

We overindulge ourselves with age concerns. Do not even think about it. Think about who you are and who he is. Do not watch TV, the ads will convince you of all kinds of irrelevant stuff - like age and looks etc.

You partner with a person not a diary. You join a soul and spirit not a 2-dimensional apparition.

Human are so much more that what they see or hear or smell or taste... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

We overindulge ourselves with age concerns. Do not even think about it. Think about who you are and who he is. Do not watch TV, the ads will convince you of all kinds of irrelevant stuff - like age and looks etc.

You partner with a person not a diary. You join a soul and spirit not a 2-dimensional apparition.

Human are so much more that what they see or hear or smell or taste... 

Wow, that's so very well said :)

Hard to add anything

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Advice? What can I say? My Sweet Texas Peach is twelve years younger than me.  At some point it may matter some, but hey I will still take care of her in her old age.

I love her. She loves me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just now, Neighbor said:

Advice? What can I say? My Sweet Texas Peach  my bride of a year now is twelve years younger than me ( I'm 74 ).  At some point it may matter some, but hey I will still take care of her in her old age.

I love her. She loves me.

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

We focus on age too much as a society. I do think it can be an issue if the age difference is extreme but in your case, 12 years, I don't think it matters so much. If you both are interested, following the Lord's direction concerning your relationship, and sense His blessing in you moving forward into a deeper relationship, then I don't think you should allow a number to stop you from doing so. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

To summarise, go for it and let God work His "magic" (pun intended).❤

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, LadyMountaineer said:

He is a godly man but he is too young for me...our age gap is almost 12 years but he is a mature kind of a guy... he is helping me spiritually and emotionally. He was there when I was hurting and cheered me up tirelessly... 

Now I began to develop a special feeling toward him... He also made it known since the beginning that he has feelings for me. he understood my situation..he told me that he will  going to wait...I am scared actually to fall in love with him...because I feel like I am stopping him to find himself a young woman like his age...and I feel like he deserves better..he is a wonderful young man.I don't want to be selfish but at the same time I am thinking of giving it a shot... and see what will going to happen... I've been praying for this also...but it seems like God is still silent.

I feel overwhelmed and stood here in awed silence...thinking about what's happening in my life right now... Am I doing the right thing?

I need your thoughts regarding this matter please. Thanks.

God bless you all ❤

I think as we get older age is not as much  an issue. You are 39 and he is 27? That is quite a difference. I guess to each their own. It would not be my cup tea. If God is silent on this could He being closing the doors? I would give it some time to see if God has an answer for you rather than take the advise of humans.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with everyone!  :amen:

• Loved it! 1