• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Don't beat on me too hard for the following please.

Yahweh sent Yeshua, the WORD to right the things that fallen angels had perverted and largely caused. He came to save mankind for the sins they had committed in following those angels. He came to redeem the whole earth. Thus, the burning pit is for the angels that sinned primarily and He has no pleasure in the death of any humans. He bent over backwards to save us and to keep us from that fire. He came to earth, as did the fallen angels, and thru His works on the earth He Redeemed His Creation. A creation marred formerly by those of His High Council that had become Lawless (iniquity found in them).

Yahweh's ways are far above us and the understanding of them mostly impossible to understand at present. However He did make clear His intentions and the reasons for this cosmic chess match that we are all engaged in.

To show His love for us, Yahweh has kept in reserve the New Jerusalem where nothing unclean can ever enter in.

Yeah, we know sin entered into the world from Adam & Eve. But when you take Gen 6: 1-4 literally, all the rest makes more sense. It also sheds some light on many things, such as in my clever illustration;

Knuckle Draggier #1:  Hey, you see that pile of rocks over there?

Knuckle Draggier #2: Yeah so what?

Knuckle Draggier #1: Let's build a fire and supply lots of extra oxygen to melt those rocks.

Knuckle Draggier #2: Why go to all that effort, a fast BBQ or something?

Knuckle Draggier #1: No Tarzan, so we can smelt the metal out of them and beat them into weapons.

Knuckle Draggier #2: What's metal and weapons?

To me, it appears evident early man was taught things very quickly not by the Lord. It appears to me the original astrological creation story in the heavens were corrupted early on by someone. It appears out of nowhere metal instruments of death and war came about. Knowledge, eye makeup, seduction, spells, potions, etc. seem to appear all of a sudden. It's hard to fathom these discoveries were made by chance and / or over long time spans. 

Another thing that defies linear progression and begs for an answer. For almost six thousand years the fastest man could travel was about 35 MPH on horse back as one simple example.

So the question becomes: How did we, in roughly one century, exploit all the technology, medicine, travel, conveniences, etc. of today in such a minute time frame? If these things were charted out on a graph it would look astounding. I contend man was smarter and more intelligent the further you go back into time. As everything turns from order to chaos, and even DNA appears to degenerate and deteriorate over time. What do you think it up with that?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

42 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

All the scriptures that Yeshuah and the apostles were familiar with.

You must get into the mindset of their times and understanding to be able to appreciate where they were coming from. Not our modern-roman-infected doctrines.

That's another thing I've considered and not had any progress doing. I believe a person would understand the Bible much better having the knowledge of the Jewish mindset and customs back then. I don't think the average western mind like mine relates to their thoughts, logic and reasoning back then. 

I'm not insinuating we can't understand the Bible, only the traditions, customs and logic of the Jews to our (average) western minds.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

I think you are correct in your observations. At the risk of being thumped by various blunt instrument-people, I will say that the Dead Sea scrolls threw a lot of light on that subject. James and Saul and Yeshua knew all about that earlier 'leap' in understanding since they also read those scripts. They were at that time not privy to the later 'sudden increase' of knowledge, but I think we have an inkling of that as well. During the mish-mash of two world wars, sudden leaps were made and after WWII the captured experts were co-opted into the western world and its penchant for control and new technology. The occult was unashamedly utilized for various ends, all of which were not wholesome.

The repeal of the witchcraft act in the UK and several heinous CIA 'experiments' in mind control helped the 'new science' jump further ahead - suddenly growing semiconductor crystals and knowing how to use them was a major LEAP. Wars always assist the back-room buys with unlimited funds and less that humane experiments. So today, we see what we are seeing and should not be at all surprised. Just recently, after decades of denial, the DOD admitted to ET/UFO studies and cataloging of huge amounts of data. The public went HO-HUM and turned to their various social media passions without turning a hair and switched off once again. Being rather deliberately dumb, we just carry on regardless.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's another thing I've considered and not had any progress doing. I believe a person would understand the Bible much better having the knowledge of the Jewish mindset and customs back then. I don't think the average western mind like mine relates to their thoughts, logic and reasoning back then. 

I'm not insinuating we can't understand the Bible, only the traditions, customs and logic of the Jews to our (average) western minds.

If we really study the Torah with an open mind, it is very interesting the snippets that one picks up. Understanding hyperbole as used in much of the literature of those pars help as well. There are so many hidden meaning that can be sourced from studying Israel today and how they approach issues. It is amazing the many levels of the way things were recorded in the old scripts of that area where Israel was birthed. Look up the meaning of pharaoh for instance. That is so funny.

18 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Look up the meaning of pharaoh for instance. That is so funny.

Pharaoh (par'oh) Strong's #6547 Egyptian King.

Other sources (Pharaoh) sun-god, the great house.

What do you know I'm missing? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:
10 hours ago, OneLight said:

That is not what scripture tells us.  The best known, and simplest verse, tells us we will always be with the Lord, not sleeping.

1 Thessalonians 4:17

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

And this happens before that,

john 5

28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice 29and come out — those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. 

So, where does your statement of being asleep through all this come in?

10 hours ago, OneLight said:
On 1/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, BeyondET said:
On 1/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, OneLight said:

From the time we are caught up to be with the Lord and the New Heaven and New Earth, there are over 1000 earth years that will pass.  It is only after the New Heaven and New Earth that we are told God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

Thus asleep and not knowing of anything.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The people in the grave may be dead to you , but their not, I don't expect you to understand.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:
2 hours ago, OneLight said:

The people in the grave may be dead to you , but their not, I don't expect you to understand.

Now why is that you don't expect me to understand?  You have not even explained it.  I made a post that there will be a long time between the rapture and the New Heaven and New Earth, and your comment was that they will be sleeping.  Perhaps you should go back over the conversation instead of personally attacking someone and he honest about it all.

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Now why is that you don't expect me to understand?  You have not even explained it.  I made a post that there will be a long time between the rapture and the New Heaven and New Earth, and your comment was that they will be sleeping.  Perhaps you should go back over the conversation instead of personally attacking someone and he honest about it all.

Hmm I personally attack you because I said I don't expect you to understand that is not a personal attack.

death rather it be a day or a thousand years to God their not dead but asleep, and will be awoken on judgement day, those who have done good will have life for ever.

The verses before the ones you posted.

1 thes 4

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.