I think we will. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I've thought about this topic many times.

Often wondered if we'd all be in Heaven or even in the same place in heaven. If heaven is anything like that.

I mean, what if heaven is a progression like time on Earth is?

I never knew my great great grand parents because we weren't here on Earth at the same time.

Could heaven be dimensionally diverse? 

Say my father who died in 1972 is decades ahead of me in the progression / advancement of eternity...

Again, I have given this some thought.

How can it be heaven if we are so wrapped up in our loved ones that we won't [be] in heaven until they arrive (if we depart first)?

What if they never make it to heaven? Would that be our hell? Loved ones who didn't make it to the eternal kingdom?

And at the same time I cannot imagine God giving us a memory wipe like C3PO in Star Wars Episode III... 

Loved ones? What loved ones?

The only thing I concluded that would solve the whole thing is in heaven the love of God and our love for him

will be so intense nothing else makes any difference.

If a loved one did not love Jesus, our love for Jesus will be so strong that we will at least be able to live with their choice.

From a human POV sounds bloody awful. From God's perspective...

Somethings are not for our feeble minds to wrap around... not until we are made perfect at least.

Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/12/2018 at 1:57 AM, missmuffet said:

Yes, we will recognize those who are family when we get to heaven. Our facial features will not change. Jesus was recognized in His glorified body. Peter recognized Moses and Elijah Matthew 17:3-4.

1 Samuel 12:23: 1 Samuel 28:8-17 also tells us people in heaven will recognize each other.

It's interesting to reference Peter recognising Moses and Elijah because there's really no logical reason he would have because  they lived thousands of years prior. It appears in fact that we'll easily recognise not only our own loved ones, but we'll somehow KNOW pretty much any other member of the Body of Christ.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/11/2018 at 5:18 PM, Jaynee said:

It's a thought I have been wondering for some time now, will we know our loved ones/family or friends in Heaven? I have had many different answers, none of which are convincing me. I would like to think we will! Why would God give us family, only to forget them when we are finally Home? 

IMG_4323.JPG

My, Christians over-complicate doctrine sometimes, don't we? And Paul says this is a dangerous thing to do. Let's talk about eternal life--we are exactly who we are, while partaking of the divine nature (endurance, power, eternally strong body) and eliminating our desire to act against conscience (sin). Life without self-destructive behavior! Wonderful!

Of course I will know everyone and everything I knew before. I get a new name and a new body, but Jesus will call me by name and I will know who I am and what I once was--so I can be grateful.

• This is Worthy 1