Will we know our loved ones in Heaven?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It's a thought I have been wondering for some time now, will we know our loved ones/family or friends in Heaven? I have had many different answers, none of which are convincing me. I would like to think we will! Why would God give us family, only to forget them when we are finally Home? 

IMG_4323.JPG

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Jaynee said:

It's a thought I have been wondering for some time now, will we know our loved ones/family or friends in Heaven? I have had many different answers, none of which are convincing me. I would like to think we will! Why would God give us family, only to forget them when we are finally Home? 

IMG_4323.JPG

Yes, we will recognize those who are family when we get to heaven. Our facial features will not change. Jesus was recognized in His glorified body. Peter recognized Moses and Elijah Matthew 17:3-4.

1 Samuel 12:23: 1 Samuel 28:8-17 also tells us people in heaven will recognize each other.

• Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, we will recognize those who are family when we get to heaven. Our facial features will not change. Jesus was recognized in His glorified body. Peter recognized Moses and Elijah Matthew 17:3-4.

1 Samuel 12:23: 1 Samuel 28:8-17 also tells us people in heaven will recognize each other.

AND ONLY THOSE WHO WERE TRUE FAMILY, THAT IS OF THE SPIRIT .

Might not be pc ,  but most our families wont receive eternal life.  For most have rejected Christ .

OH, sis,  I KNOW YOU KNOW this .     You be blessed.    

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad to know that a few members of my family are born again. God is still working on the rest! ;)

• Praise God! 1

Good question Yowm! :unsure:

Edited by Jaynee

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/11/2018 at 5:18 PM, Jaynee said:

IMG_4323.JPG

In Hell they can recognize one another, and know a lot about one another. Even about some people they never met. 

Are they are going to be sad if the don't get to meet some of their friends , who they were supposed to be there as they were Christians by faith, or from a variaty of denominations, whether church or unchurch, or sometimes  both. And unbaptized. And without confession. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I don't know how Peter knew it was Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus @miss muffet but I am sure it wasn't facial recognition, unless he had a photo? That said, I agree we will recognise others in heaven. And we are going to be surprised at the number who will be there, that we didn't think would be, and the number missing, we were convinced were sitters.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, brakelite said:

I don't know how Peter knew it was Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus @miss muffet but I am sure it wasn't facial recognition, unless he had a photo? That said, I agree we will recognise others in heaven. And we are going to be surprised at the number who will be there, that we didn't think would be, and the number missing, we were convinced were sitters.

That a good observation to ask how Peter and Jonh put one and one together to say that the show Moses and Elias, coming down from (am I reading in too much in this story?) 

And going up into Heaven. 

That is not easy staf, for those who read what God had told Moses to tell the people before he began his journey to the Mountain and was never seen again, and never buried. ( means his body was never recovered like Aaron. 

Going back to the mount of configuration. 

Moses must have been identifiable to them, not by a debate of how he looked like by the subscription of the various istorians, or even drawings. And that also. 

But most profound identification would have been by the identification of Moses with one of the most important event in his life that belong only to him and to not anyone elses, and that would have been him holding the stones of the ten commandments as he was coming down the mountain. 

The similar mode of identification could be said also about Elias. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think we will, I read a book called Heaven is for Real about a boy who went to heaven. The boy recognised his grandfather and sister, he also saw some animals there as well. 

Edited by Bell

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think we will know our loved ones in heaven. The reason I say this because in the bible it talks about how God will wipe every tear from our eyes; and I think he is referring to the loved ones that we see in Hell. So why would we cry if we didn't know who they were?