IGNORED

What does it mean to "keep the Sabbath"? (Read question's description)

listener24

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, gerhard eber said:

'Letting alone' nothing of what Jesus ever said, the fact YOU '~don't find any indication on how a believer should concretely "keep the Sabbath"~', does in no way whatsoever 'indicate' or 'describe', or '~in other words~' even remotely resemble '~Jesus' words~'. Quote here where you '~usually read the Gospel~' support your VAIN allegations!

Can you quote Jesus words in the Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, you choose) on how to keep the Sabbath? I was simply asking this and all I am reading in 5 responses from you are an escalation of personal attacks.

Don' t worry If you don' t feel like answering to that specific question though, there are much more urgent topics I' m discussing on this forum with other users

Peace

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Sorry, but this seems to be an example of a thin veneer of modern churchianity.

Where is the RESPECT due to 'The Creator of heaven and earth and all that is, seen and unseen'?

A Tanach-distortion to fit a lazy world-view that thinks it is smarter than the Lord High God.

I disagree.....on all points.God is more interested in the Spirit of the Law than the Letter of the Law. I believe my viewpoint better reflects that truth.Thanks for your input.

7 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Forcing Sabbath observance on one single day, as if it is saving you and that it still hangs on a specific day given in Mosiac Law is actually disrespectful of both Jesus, and His ultimate sacrifice.  It cheapens Jesus down to the point where one who says we "have" to keep the Sabbath on Saturday actually renders Jesus' death on the cross worthless and powerless.  Either Jesus fulfills the law or He does not.  There is no gray area there.  If you stick just one work in there, no matter what work it is, and tell others their salvation is tied to that work, you completely negate the Cross.  A person who is saved keeps the Sabbath, spiritually, and positionally every day of the week, every hour of it, simply through their faith in Christ.  It doesn't get any simpler than that and Hebrews tells us this very specifically.  The Sabbath is not about a specific day.

Your response was so much better than mine.For that I hate you.lol

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

2 hours ago, listener24 said:

Can you quote Jesus words in the Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, you choose) on how to keep the Sabbath? I was simply asking this and all I am reading in 5 responses from you are an escalation of personal attacks.

Can you quote Jesus' words in the Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, you choose) in answer to what I was simply asking? No, instead you deliberately ignore to quote what I asked you to quote. So all your answer is, is accusing me that I attack you personally. I am not interested in you and have no interest in attacking you; I asked you specifics AS PER YOUR PERSONAL CLAIMS from the Scriptures. Accusing me of attacking you DOES NOT ANSWER any of those specifics YOU, not I, claim from the Scriptures. I ask you again, just quote from the Scriptures what you claim from the Scriptures.

34 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Forcing Sabbath observance on one single day, as if it is saving you and that it still hangs on a specific day given in Mosiac Law is actually disrespectful of both Jesus, and His ultimate sacrifice.  It cheapens Jesus down to the point where one who says we "have" to keep the Sabbath on Saturday actually renders Jesus' death on the cross worthless and powerless.  Either Jesus fulfills the law or He does not.  There is no gray area there.  If you stick just one work in there, no matter what work it is, and tell others their salvation is tied to that work, you completely negate the Cross.  A person who is saved keeps the Sabbath, spiritually, and positionally every day of the week, every hour of it, simply through their faith in Christ.  It doesn't get any simpler than that and Hebrews tells us this very specifically.  The Sabbath is not about a specific day.

WHO JUDGES (who), saying, '~If you stick just one work in there, no matter what work it is, and tell others their salvation is tied to that work, you completely negate the Cross~'?

WHAT is '~the Sabbath, spiritually, and positionally every day of the week, every hour of it~', simply explained through Scripture, and not through your supposed '~faith in Christ~' please? 

'~It doesn't get any simpler than that .. the Sabbath is not about a specific day .. and Hebrews tells us this very specifically.~' So, just, yes, just, only, simply, QUOTE man, QUOTE, Hebrews for us, where, that, and how it tells us that!

51 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If you are advocating a Mosaic-based "keeping" of the Sabbath, explain to us specifically how you, yourself keep it.

This time, please quote me, claim, that I, '~keep the Sabbath~'! I believe the Sabbath yes, for one, two-in-one reason, a) That Jesus the Son of Man 'kept the Sabbath' whom God as Christ and Lord raised from the dead b) according to the SCRIPTURES the third day ON THE SABBATH.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You are so militant on this issue that you are attacking people who agree with you.  Justin supports a physical keeping of the Sabbath.  So why are you attacking him?

I have reported every single post where you tell people who are disagreeing with you that they are Pharisees.  We don't roll that way here.  Insults and personal attacks violate our T.O.S.

'Justin' alias 'listener 24'? does not agree with me. If he did, he would have GIVEN THE WORD OF GOD for his 'beliefs' which I have seen him give yet, not once.

Edited by gerhard eber

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That doesn't work.  Your posts clearly demonstrate that you believe in some kind of Sabbath observance, despite the fact that you tie Jesus' resurrection on Saturday when we know Jesus was not resurrected on Saturday.  So I will ask again:

Explain to all of us here, in exact terms, how you, personally are "keeping" the Sabbath.

You and I will go no farther until you answer the above question.  It should be an extremely easy question to answer if you are actually doing what you are implying everyone else is not.

Undo obsession with proper days to worship,according to Paul,is the hallmark of “ weak Believers”. Mature Believers have to put up with them.

8 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:
13 minutes ago, gerhard eber said:

the third day ON THE SABBATH.

That doesn't work.  Your posts clearly demonstrate that you believe in some kind of Sabbath observance, despite the fact that you tie Jesus' resurrection on Saturday when we know Jesus was not resurrected on Saturday. 

You say '~we know Jesus was not resurrected on Saturday~'. Cut me out, for I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVETH AND THAT HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES THE THIRD DAY ON THE SABBATH THE DAY AFTER THE PREPARATION. Matthew 27:62 to 28:1-4. 

And THEREFORE, again, yes, I '~believe in some kind of Sabbath observance~' which, as I said consistently, is, I believe - NOT keep - the Sabbath. I told my son, we can do what the Bible says we must do, and that is, to "REMEMBER the Sabbath" for the reason impossible for us to forget, That God raised Christ from the dead "on the Sabbath", the Sabbath "The Seventh Day God .. in times past through the prophets, IN THESE LAST DAYS BY THE SON, SPAKE: And God THE DAY the Seventh Day from all, his, works, RESTED", rested in Christ, rested in Christ HAVING RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD ON the Sabbath, the Sabbath "The-Seventh-Day-Sabbath-OF-THE-LORD GOD"! 

If anyone 'agreed' with me he would not need say he agreed with me; he only has to quote the Scriptures to the honour of God only!

27 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Undo obsession with proper days to worship,according to Paul,is the hallmark of “ weak Believers”. Mature Believers have to put up with them.

...undue...