IGNORED

What does it mean to "keep the Sabbath"? (Read question's description)

listener24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Ha! Am I in the position of Elohim to answer such a question? 

It could be yes, it could be no. 

But what I'm saying is that if you ask such a question, in such a way, then don't observe the Sabbath. That's the answer. 

To observe the Sabbath, for the purpose of salvation, is missing the whole point. To not observe it, because you think you don't HAVE to, is missing a great opportunity to please the Father. 

So for me, if I can please the Father in an act of obedience, when I'm free NOT to, then I choose to do it wholeheartly! Not as if enslaved by a "law", but as in embracing my Father's ways. Following Yahushua's footsteps. Choosing obedience in love rather in fear. 

But again, if your motive is either salvation or just to obey the "necessities", then it's best to leave it. I kinda see that as an unacceptable/blemished offering. So I don't think it would be profitable that way.

Please brother, be cautiously aware of your judgments over such matters. If you want to judge Yahweh's Torah on a "yes or no" basis only, cut and dry, and straight down the line - you might find yourself on the receiving end of similar questioning tactics when you give account before Him. Some matters require thought and discussion, rather than coldly just saying yes or no. 

Love & Shalom 

I am not concerned.....   just so you will know, we have a very good relationship all day and night every day of the week....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, other one said:

just so you will know, we have a very good relationship all day and night every day of the week

Do you really think I'm saying it's okay to ignore Yahweh all day and night until the Sabbath? Really? 

But after "15 years" of seeing his topic hasn't it made you think either:

1. It's an important topic which won't get swept away.

2. Maybe Yahweh has been trying to get through to you as well, for "15 years", about this topic. 

Try not to think within yourself that after "15 years" that you have read and understood every argument, and now you KNOW all there is to know about Sabbath. I don't know you, but I'm sure you can see the pitfall in that assumptive way of thinking. Or has your patience has already run out? Maybe that's why discussions are replaced with short snappy responses? Is it lack of patience which gives you the heart to post "BS" so unashamedly in here, before the face of your brothers and Elohim? Come on man, be cool about this. 

As for me, I still consider myself an amateur in the Sabbath even after years of practice. But all I know it's important to Yahweh. That's all I need to know. 

But back to my prior post. I don't think that you should keep the Sabbath. But a little respect for those who do (or even to those who say it's essential for salvation) wouldn't hurt. They certainly have more scripture behind them than a just a few lines from Paul, which we could argue over. But those who keep it aren't full of "BS" and they also surely love and worship Yahweh all day and night, like you. It's just our different way of worship. 

Love & Shalom 

12 minutes ago, Betha said:

what is BS ? 

Ahhhh, tricky one! It's an acronym of a rude word basically. :)

You are a Sabbath keeper as well sister? Brilliant! High five. I'm looking forward to this one this week!

44 minutes ago, Betha said:

I have to disagree about 'loving each other being more important.

Shalom Betha

I mean loving each other is more important than observance of the Sabbath, if you had to choose. 

Consider how many times Yahushua healed on the Sabbath to make this very point. If you have it within your power to help a brother or sister on the Sabbath but you don't do it, to not break the Sabbath with work - then the Sabbath would become fruitless for you, because a greater command has been violated.

Imagine a husband and wife. If the husband pays attention to wife in every way and every regard, yet lacks love towards her, it's all been for nothing. 

Or like Yahushua said, which one of you would leave your Ox in a ditch on the Sabbath and not help it out? How much more then should we help a child of Elohim, with love and care, even on the Sabbath. 

See Proverbs 3:27 with this in mind. 

Love always prevails. Love never fails. It covers a multitude of sins. Love is the key to the whole Torah, and Torah can be suspended or superceded by love and mercy. BUT, if you have no one in particular in need of help or care on the Sabbath, then "business as usual" should be observance. That's my take on it anyway. 

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shalom Betha

6 hours ago, Betha said:

It just shows how easy we can mis-understand each other

Haha, so very true!  It’s easy to misunderstand intention and attitude when it’s text only!  

Alas, you are correct. When I say “Business as usual” I mean to say obedience to Yahweh’s wonderful guidance.  You might like to read more about my definition of “business as usual” in this post below.  In my second post to our sister Marilyn on page 2, I talk more on this, which you might find useful.

6 hours ago, Betha said:

Also I would say that God's  letter of law can only be 'superseded by GOOD works (God-approved) not just any work or thing we want to do

Yes, I agree. I think that Torah observance should never supersede actions of love or specific guidance from the Holy Spirit.  Torah is a guide – the goal of which is love.  When we read the Gospels with this in mind, everything Yahushua says and does reinforces this.  

But back to your question, consider King David.  He broke the Torah when he ate the Shewbread, which he obtained by telling a lie (read it for yourself).  He also joined Israel’s enemies to work as hired army for them.  The Father even delivered King Saul into his hands, more than once, but David refused to kill him and take the role which he was anointed for, years before.  There are other things you can point to in David and others who have broke Torah but, because their heart and priorities were correct, the “context of their life” made such things excusable, in the mercy of our Father. 

Let’s stay with David for a moment.  We can see how beautifully he wrote, by the Spirit, about Torah in the Psalms. The poetry within the Psalms thanking Father for His Torah is plentiful and very moving.  So David loved Yahweh and he loved His Torah.  But it seems David understood that love and specific guidance from Yahweh supersedes the Torah which is, again, it’s whole purpose.  Yahweh saw him as a man after His own heart.  No longer a servant in training of righteousness, but as a son serving in His Kingdom.  Both types follow the same guidelines, but the son understands the Father’s Heart behind the words and knows how to respond to them with a maturity that is not readily available to a servant.  

I hope that makes some sense :S 

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Betha said:

It looks like we are not yet done with that question....but only you yourself can answer it. Do YOU think ' keeping Sabbath holy is what God wants - or not ?  is it still God's Will - or not ? when did He change it to a normal week-day no longer holy ? Do we no longer need to do His Will ?

It really has to do with what GOD wants which could be quite different from what you want.(we are warned that HIS thoughts are not our thoughts and HIS ways not our ways. So we either do what HE wants or do  what seems right to ourselves. Are you prepared to follow HIM/Yashua as our example who kept His Fathers Commandments ? YOU have to come to a decision, don't expect others to make it for you....work out your own salvation.....(as we all have to). Does that mean OBEDIENCE is a salvation issue ? it is in my book, for me. you must work out your own.

my last post on the thread...                    Since Jesus was working on the Sabbath and he said the Father had been working also I would suggest that it isn't an issue with them any longer.   and Paul telling us that one day is like another is ok also makes me think that it isn't an issue with the Godhead any longer.    It is very much OK if you need it or want to follow it, but it is not necessary and it is not OK that you tell others they must.   

However as I have been here for about 15 years and have been through this discussion many times and understand that there is no end to it  for you I'll just let it go.   My posts are basically for the hundreds of people who come by and read these threads and do not join in posting.....   I've had my say for them to read and hope it will tend to make them study the details out for themselves. Historically our bantering will lead to nothing but frustration on your part.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,233
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,358
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 4/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, other one said:

why is it that you won't just answer that question.

So am I going to hell for not observing the sabbath 4th commandment or not???

No Sir, I did not say that what you are saying, but what I'm saying is there is something wrong with anybody's Salvation if it is not on the wright day.

We are not judging anyone, just saying from our study, that the scriptures can not be broken, such as:

Exodus 20:8-11 , God will judge between the quick and the dead, https://biblehub.com/2_timothy/4-1.htm and more.

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,233
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,358
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

5 hours ago, Betha said:

Your last post ? it does not frustrate me, other people also read them., no need for you to reply. 

But you mis-understand .....I never said you must keep the Sabbath - I said you must work out your own salvation....it's from scripture and not my own idea..

When posts contain blatant errors for people to read it is only right that they are discussed according to the Word of God and corrected.....but seems no more needs to be said to you on this matter - OK.

Amen!